Sign in to follow this  
cazador

Thermal problem

I got my beloved L85A2 back last week and I was playing it the other night and the thermal scope background has become black but doesn't show anything at all regardless of whether its day or night, which prevents me from using it properly during the day, does anybody know how to fix this?

Really? I can't use it during the day if thats the case, although I was only using thermal the other day and i haven't installed any patches recently, I thought they just stopped spawning the gun, why don't they just remove the AWS and add the L85A2 Acog or something there's many other sights for it in Arma, so many people love this gun but not for the sight so they should just replace it.

• Like 1

Try to ajust your Gamma settings

ok it's on 1.1 will I need to go higher or lower?

ok it's on 1.1 will I need to go higher or lower?

that should be fine mine is always 1.0 they must have changed something or it's a bug. I mean if they don't want it then it would make sense if they disabled it.

I don't the weapon itself is gone, it's just removed from the loot tables. I guess they are some super rare weapons you can get from other players only.

Edited by Sutinen

I don't the weapon itself is gone, it's just removed from the loot tables. I guess they are some super rare weapons you can get from other players only.

Exactly! It isn't in the loot tables anymore but it's still in the game. If they removed thermal I would have thought they would remove the gun itself so hopefully my thermal problem is a bug that will sort itself out somehow (Hoping) I wouldn't mind if they patched it so the thermal was just changed to a normal sight with no effect.

Hello there

The weapon itself is glitchy, has it been playing up in just one session?

rgds

LoK

I got my beloved L85A2 back last week and I was playing it the other night and the thermal scope background has become black but doesn't show anything at all regardless of whether its day or night, which prevents me from using it properly during the day, does anybody know how to fix this?

you probably played on namalsk?

the scope is borked on namalsk, you can still see thermal signatures, but everything else is pitch-black except for snow, which shows up as blue here and there.

making it hard to tell where you're aiming at.

i still like it to spot, but it requires getting used to.

you probably played on namalsk?

the scope is borked on namalsk, you can still see thermal signatures, but everything else is pitch-black except for snow, which shows up as blue here and there.

making it hard to tell where you're aiming at.

i still like it to spot, but it requires getting used to.

I understand that on Namalsk, this is due to the environment being cold as crap, hence why there are no heat signatures safe for players.

Same can't be said for Chernarus

I've found two L85s in the past two weeks. The first one I found acted like a normal one but the second one I found was completely black except when I picked up a heat signature. Maybe certain ones are glitched? Idk if that's possible or maybe it could be the server?

I am on Chernarus I have played on multiple servers so I just hope I find another L85 that works

From what I've read the L85 is back but with a holographic sight, no more thermal.