Sign in to follow this  
MarshmellowHippie

Grabbing

Say you were sneaking up behind a sniper trying to kill noobs in cherno. You get up behind him but you have no silenced weapons so killing him would attract attention. There should be an option to grab the person and then a let go or snap neck option.

• Like 1

> drop weapon on floor.

> Sneak up behind Camping retard

> Pull out axe form toolbelt.

> Get a Head shot (should be a one hit kill, if not just keep hitting him with the axe til he dies)

> Put Axe Away

> Pick up gun.

• Like 1

This is not CoD.

I don't know if you've ever been in a fistfight or ever touched another person, but things generally don't go as planned. If you have ever snapped someone's neck please correct me, but I don't think a press to kill button is that realistic, and thus not a good fit for DayZ.

• Like 1

This is not CoD.

I don't know if you've ever been in a fistfight or ever touched another person, but things generally don't go as planned. If you have ever snapped someone's neck please correct me, but I don't think a press to kill button is that realistic, and thus not a good fit for DayZ.

good point. How do you expect everyone be able to do a thing like this? normal guy that survives apocalypse doesnt normally know how to do this

Check this thread, man. Glad we think alike. The more feedback it gets - the higher chances are it gets implemented.

AFAIK you cannot generate enough power with your arms to snap a neck, strangling would be a better idea though he could elbow you or awkwardly shoot you with a pistol.

I think that neck snappery is a little unrealistic given that it needs strength and skill to do properly. The ability to knock them out with a "Rabbit punch" is more believable. The problem is implementing these without being able to do it to any player in close proximity regardless of whether they are aware of you or not, making hand to hand combat way overpowered. I don't think there is a way to implement it to work only when your opponent is unaware that you are creeping up on them. Perhaps some kind of activation timer for the last time they enter your field of view similar to the combat timer but "under the hood?".

Hello there

Not everything one sees in movies is strictly realistic or true.

"neck snappery" seems a little arcadey to me as well. I'd rather not get up close and personal and use a firearm or a big stick.

Rgds

LoK