Sign in to follow this  
Timm (DayZ)

DayZ without Zombies

Dude... like... If they would implement these elements, it would take a life to do it, they already made a great effort to make this game, they won't do it again, they are just improving the gaming experience for now...

But....

I would like to have a game that scares you, like Silent Hill, combined with Demons and Zombies, spirits, something that players would be afraid of, and THAT would make them team up, it should be really difficult to kill these things, like, werewolves should only die with a silver bullet. We need a game that is more caotic, more than zombies, I agree with you in that, but DayZ is already made, we can't do anything

But the big secret to make people team up, is fear, fear is the main weapon that keeps society united. I dream with a game that mix : Silent Hill, Suvival, the movie "I am Legend", and put some scary animals... I think you guys got my point...

Well, that's my mind...

Edited by MinxinG

I have a hard time believing that the "whole concept of DayZ" and "Why people play DayZ" is zombies. You play DayZ for the entire reason that it has zombies? There are better games for killing zombies.

I play DayZ because I've never had player-interactions this potentially interesting. I play DayZ because it's an interesting tense experience looking for food and worrying that players have me in their sights as I struggle to survive. I play DayZ because every experience with someone who is actually friendly is more meaningful than all those other times I get shot as a fresh spawn by some sniper. I can't get that in any other game.

DayZ's core experience is so much more than just "there are zombies."

I for one would not be playing this game if there were no Zeds in. I agree with a lot regarding the "core" parts of the game, they are what makmes it worth playing. But Even i would draw the line at Vamp and Lycans.

I think the "Z" in the title "Dayz" is suppose to sound like "Warz" and before you get your flame pants on I am talking about the book not the game...

Edited by harley001

I have a hard time believing that the "whole concept of DayZ" and "Why people play DayZ" is zombies. You play DayZ for the entire reason that it has zombies? There are better games for killing zombies.

I play DayZ because I've never had player-interactions this potentially interesting. I play DayZ because it's an interesting tense experience looking for food and worrying that players have me in their sights as I struggle to survive. I play DayZ because every experience with someone who is actually friendly is more meaningful than all those other times I get shot as a fresh spawn by some sniper. I can't get that in any other game.

DayZ's core experience is so much more than just "there are zombies."

You obviously dont understand, the whole reason the survival is implented is because of zombies, if there werent zombies then sometime sooner or later they would all move back into towns and live their regular lives, but because there are zombies it gives you that extra feel that there is someone else out there other than some guy chasing newbies around spawn. So yeah, no zombies, people would just move back into towns sooner or later... There's no reason not to..

You forgot DayP, which is where the game will have pink grass instead of green and the Zombies will be replaced with Ponies

You forgot DayP, which is where the game will have pink grass instead of green and the Zombies will be replaced with Ponies

I'd probably play that too.

Now everyone, THIS should be pinned as an example at the top of the forums as a pointer to what is a completely fucking stupid suggestion.

Edited by Rossums

Dinosaurs, birds (Hitchcock anyone?) and robots are the only acceptable substitutes for zombies.

Heck, why not bring in the revised versions of dinosaurs?

Did you guys know that a lot (if not most) had feather(y) protrusions throughout (or early) in their life cycle?

Some of the recent remodelling make them even scarier (they are still debated, it's in no way the final model).

how-t-rex-really-looked-like-24746-1289391497-24.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1322564713907

It works as long as a dev doesnt get into his head that having dinosaurs in modern day post-apocalyptic anywhere deserve a backstory.

'Why is the land filled with dinosaurs' will the oblivious and priority-lacking children ask.

Well, if they insist, there's only one good answer;

Now+_926600afea98575b2b27cbdf41c729a0.jpg

Edited by Bearded McGee

How about DayB, the day when burritos took over the world and started fartin' blood YIIIIIIIHA.

Let's make saddle a loot option and if you find a burrito which is tame you can ride it through the rainbows and shit..

Now THAT'S a good suggestion if you ask me.

DayZ is set to be realistic, and having enemies like that really wouldn't be. And you could always play DayZ Namalsk cause it has Bloodsuckers and EVR events

Lol, Zombies are no more realistic.

Lol, Zombies are no more realistic.

Zombies are possible a virus which effects of the victim's state of mind causing them to be extremely violent and bite other people causing the infection to spread rapidly(the zombies dont have to eat people look at resident evil they don't eat people they just infect them by biting and scratching ......werewolves on the other hand.....

Zombies are possible a virus which effects of the victim's state of mind causing them to be extremely violent and bite other people causing the infection to spread rapidly(the zombies dont have to eat people look at resident evil they don't eat people they just infect them by biting and scratching ......werewolves on the other hand.....

Zombies are not possible. Zombies are fiction. A zombie or mind altering violence virus does not exist, nor do I believe something similar ever could exist. Citing Resident Evil as a reference for how realistic a zombie virus could be isn't really helping your argument.

It's okay to like the idea of zombies. But it's a little bit crazy to think they could ever be real.

Strangely enough, werewolves do everything that you just said a zombie virus could do (turn people into extremely violent monsters that spread their disease to other creatures through violent contact). The only difference is that the zombie disease turns people into violent flesh-eating mindless undead monsters (a fiction) and the werewolf disease turns people into violent flesh-eating photoreactive wolf monsters (a fiction). The difference is in the semantics, but they are both the same level of fictitious not-real-ness unrealism.

One is not more realistic than the other. They are both unrealistic.

Zombies are not possible. Zombies are fiction. A zombie or mind altering violence virus does not exist, nor do I believe something similar ever could exist. Citing Resident Evil as a reference for how realistic a zombie virus could be isn't really helping your argument.

It's okay to like the idea of zombies. But it's a little bit crazy to think they could ever be real.

Strangely enough, werewolves do everything that you just said a zombie virus could do (turn people into extremely violent monsters that spread their disease to other creatures through violent contact). The only difference is that the zombie disease turns people into violent flesh-eating mindless undead monsters (a fiction) and the werewolf disease turns people into violent flesh-eating photoreactive wolf monsters (a fiction). The difference is in the semantics, but they are both the same level of fictitious not-real-ness unrealism.

One is not more realistic than the other. They are both unrealistic.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=fungus-makes-zombie-ants

I rest my case..

Okay fair enough not exactly a zombie human but it does have some similarities and it does exist in real life! So zombies are slightly more plausible than other make belief creatures.