Sign in to follow this  
Trizzo

DayZ Guide: Meeting Players & Avoiding Betrayal

Timetabs in youtube!

A comprehensive guide dealing with people, the various ways in which you meet them, how to safely meet people, how to approach them, how to monitor a group and the key signs that you are going to be betrayed.

Video Contents Include

Three Key Points of Player Encounters: (1) Recon Of Players, (2) Approaching Players, (3) Monitoring Players

1) Recon

Sudden Encounter - Hostile/Friendly Video Examples

Planned Encounter - Hostile/Friendly Video Examples

2) Approaching A Player/Party

i)Are You Naked? ii)Leverage iii) Pyshical Safety (video examples of all)

3) Controlling The Situation/Signs of Betrayal

Betrayal Montage, The Four Signs of Imminent Betrayal, TWO RULES you must always follow

Betrayed - Video

Betrayed - Video 2

Tips on How to Prevent/Spot Betrayal - Video

Example of Surviving A Potenital Betrayal - Video

The culmination of more than a couple of months worth videos/playing, as well as other peoples experiences/videos. Unique player encounters are what I strive for and this is represents the collective experience of all my player encounters. Share, comment, like, subcribe!

Cheers

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 11

Very interesting, very detailed, I applaud the amount of work that went into this.

/Vote for sticky, or at least officially placed somewhere for newbies to find.

• Like 1

Very interesting, very detailed, I applaud the amount of work that went into this.

/Vote for sticky, or at least officially placed somewhere for newbies to find.

I, unsuprsingly, agree with this view :P

Seriously, comments like this keep me going! (making videos, not my whole life)

Edited by Trizzo

This should've made the Helpful Threads thread. I was going to ask how to avoid betrayal in the New Player Discussion section, but seeing as this basically covers it, I thought I would revive it to see what anybody else thought on the subject. :D

I usually say "If you point your gun at me, I will fucking shoot you."

Needless your tutorial has helped me tons.

Well thanks for the bumps...i hope to cover more on human dynamics, not sure wether to add to this or another subject. Thanks for the support!

Good video, I actually used some of your tips last night, although I was passing on the advice to a mate who ahd jsut met another player who wnated to join up with us. I told him about keeping an eye on the guy aiming down sights and to try and not let him stand behind him. According to my mate there were no obvious signs that this guy was going to betray him. He eneded up giving him a lift accross the map to the NW airfield on his ATV, The guy wnated to join our group but seeing as we had 3 vehicles at the time and were close to fixing a heli we decided it best he didn't.

I tend to be too trusting of other people. Thanks for some signs to look out for.