Disgraced

1.7.1 in 20 words or less

I think it's almost perfect, but i think some points are still important to be reviewed in future patches:

- Zombies should be slower

- Zombies should go in straight lines, without zig-zagging

- Zombies shouldn't be able to see that far (i believe this was changed in this patch)

- Zombies still hitting through walls and walking through walls

Unrealistic with no weapon at spawn (no defense mechanism at all), inconsistent logic with Zombies being super vision at day, blind at night, and just poor implementation all around.

don't like the aggrorange/speed of new zombies, got swarmed by 9 zombies killing a cow on a field.. in the middle of nowhere.

only tested a bit but not sure zed can still detect the player properly. i seem to be able to bait a load into a building where others outside can still hit me and detect me, the ones that closed in can be easily mislead inside to basically look like idiots just by going around another internal wall... one time in a church they just stacked up across the room where i was standing a min ago..? only when i moved or shot did they then re engage?

this all makes buildings just stupid. asfaik theres no point sneaking at all now.... sprint, agro and hide inside or out the back. either way you get plenty of time to loot whats inside and just repeat with another building... now if u get agro'd by a mass in the open.... lol GL.

players now forced to run into buildings even more? which imo was already the least realistic point in the game. being chased by a mass of zombies... run into a building with no exit! lol.

I found easier to find stuff now but more tricky get it. Like it. Zombie IA its better now. just need to fix the kown issues relating walls hits, buildings stopers , and z spawns. keep working and gz

No weapon food water at start forces you to go into a coastal town to get ganked, this sucks, at least give a gun with 1 mag.

zombies can see you from miles away when you're SNEAKING around (wasn't broken before, why try to fix it?)

Zombies are very easy to lose now if you're in a town or building, this is kind of stupid, needs some sort of balance

Zombies should run straight at you (if you're looking for zombie realism), not zigzagging all over the fucking place making them near impossible to shoot.

I just need one word:

Brilliant.

Only real issue is the FPS one, which will be solved in 48hours anyways. <3

Mad zombie spawning but fix already incoming.

Stealthing is no longer viable. Proposing compromise between new and old zombie detection range.

So far the only issue I think that needs tweaking is the zed respawn rate. Lower it. I don't mind the increased numbers of them, but they shouldn't respawn again so quickly.

it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks it sucks

20 words

--Big step in the right direction (big picture-wise)

--Once the known issues (including zombies not following into buildings) are fixed, zombies will be much closer to the threat that they should be

--at the same time I would very much prefer a higher initial spawned zombie count with less frequent respawns (make it tough, but let us do some blasting, then celebrate for at least a moment (20 minutes--at least enough time for a group to clear a town, then have 5 minutes or so of peace).

--love the reduced starting gear (got me crawling on my belly very quickly)

I like the patch.

* Zombies were to easy after the first change and only a minor matter suddenly, surviving should be still content and not killing other players. One issue I see is that shooting a weaon draws a little too much attention to zombies.

* a challenge is always good and I hope more fixes into this direction

i.e. hope to see random loot and not fixed spawns

* nighttime, well it was actually always dark to me and I didnt use gamma settings since

I have a calibrated monitor. Not much changed for me.

I am again scare = patch is great.

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the sight range. If you move slow and take your time you can still make your way past them, I crawled/crouch walked through a very populated town and only aggro'ed a group when I literally ran into one hanging out in a barn.

I've started playing this mod wednesday (bought ArmA:Co only for Day Z).

The only thing I don't like about the new patch is that it drops my FPS to 9-14.

Yes it's harder, much harder even if you're geared which I am with a nice silenced MP5* and full load of food/water bottles.

But the thing is, this mod was never meant to be easy to begin with, it's not some "EA/Activsion press A to win the game" stuff.

Also it's still in Alpha, no change should be assumed to be final.

*BTW I don't really get why Silenced MP5 and Normal MP5 require different mags?

Also, is there any way to roll back until the FPS issue is fixed? This mod's too much of a blast for me to wait 24h it takes to sort it out. :p

Too much crawling, but useless anyway because zombies too sensitive.

Night too dark, need torch when running or using gun.

pls pls pls fix tents. also crouch running is useless now. los based on eye direction is bullshit because there is no way to know which way they will look. go back to los based on direction, this way at least players can base their movements regarding z's on actual information. always lose 500 blood when logging in because both food and water are blinking and damaging me before i've completely loaded into the game.

losing z aggro through hiding and smart running through towns is great though. Z's shouldnt respawn within 15 minutes of player entering z area. why ever waste bullets on z's if you are not able to clear a town anyway.

The sight range on the zombies is fine when laying down, but when standing or crouching its a tad much.

Zombies too sensitive to sight. They see me when slow crouch-walking from quite far away.

Spawning without a weapon is annoying, mainly because the Loss of Sight thing doesn't quite work that well. They still hit through walls as well. >_<

Pro:

-No weapons is fine

Con:

-Increased vision and respawn rate of zombies is overly difficult.

-Losing zombies doesn't work consistently since they can run faster than you.

Beyond the borked up respawn rates which is a known issue is going to get hotfixed in like a day. my initial impressions were positive. After loosing all my built up gear to a mate with a twitch trigger finger I respawned in and enjoyed the tense terror of sneaking around the zeds. The loosing line of sight mechanic works excellently if you think about it and use it right. Utilize both sound and sight to loose them. Go around a corner make a loud noise and the get out of that spot ASAP in a quiet manner and the zombies just sit around that spot looking for you. I love that by paying attention the direction they are looking you can move around town a lot more easily. Use the fences, the walls, and the buildings to block their vision. Be wary of buildings with only one exit. Throw stuff out one door to get them on that side and slip out the back. And I cannot stress this enough shoot and move, shoot and move. They will come to where the sound was not where you are. So shoot and then break LOS with that location.