Disgraced

1.7.1 in 20 words or less

about 1 hour un 1.7.1.

With 3 teamates, we've try to go in vybor.

3 zombies in front of us, one shot with G17, 8 new zombies spawn about 10 meters of us.

We've try to kill them all, but about 20 other spawned on us.

So we've back in forest.

We've try many different approch :

- We can't approch steal, they see us when we r prone.

- We can't kill them, it's making other spawned.

Me and my friend don't know what to do.

Make it playable, no endless plains with nothing on it. Think through on your updates before you release them. stinks.

My feedback for recent update (current state):

Zombies see too far, crouching + slow walk should reduce visibility (now only reduces sound).

Also, no weapon at start is fine but not with the new Zombie AI. It's like 2 things stacked on eachother, way too difficult.

Generally, it's less fun to play. Might even stop playing and wait for patch.

This is a strange version. It's about 2 months that I play DaYz and this is my impressions about 1.7.1:

I love the zombies increased damage, finally they're again a treat for players.

I love the zombies sight

I don't think that zombie spawn it's good (if you shoot 1 zombie you've be overcumbed by 120 zombies).. too much and make the game unplayable

The start w/o a weapon it's not good. So bandits now can easy kill everyone, better than before

The problems then:

- Low fps

- Alot of zombies, alot alot alot

- Zombie hit through wall

Well, 20 words may not be enough. But I started playing Day Z yesterday on the 1.7.0 patch. Then that night 1.7.1 comes out, I hop on that, and the first area I was in (Rog) Now has 12 zombies in it. 6 of which are right inside the tall castle...... Oh god..... Then... A player kills me hahaha. Spawn with nothing... Woot! It's sneaky sneaky time!

But if I had to choose, 1.7.0 > 1.7.1

I was enjoying in our server, then vilayer decided to roll back to 1.7.0 and I can no longer play.

this is what I see in the server update menu..

"This will install DayZ 1.7.0 and Arma2 93398 server version, PLEASE NOTE THIS IS THE ONLY WORKING VERSION."

So does it work or not?

Pure awesomeness! The best update to DayZ yet.

Zombies behave more like they would in real life and they are not idiots anymore.

Starting without weapon and food is awesome! It makes dying all the way at north more frustrating because you can't just autorun back to north and find some poor survivor and loot his body after killing. Mayby it will shift game focus from pure pvp to something else.

Only thing that I don't like is zombie spawning. They spawn too frequently. You should be rewarded from killing Zombies(clear town for easier looting etc.) not punished(spawning more zombies that will swarm you).

I love it in every aspect, little too easy to hide from zombies in towns/cities though

Awesome updates now it can be started to be called again zombie apocalypse

This guy knows what's up

I haven't installed it as yet, but also haven't played in a couple of days. (Offside, outside of 20 words: It's not because of dislike of the changes, nor proposed direction, nor anything. I've been too busy, sadly!) I like most of what's been proposed, and accept that which I don't like as alpha. Carry on.

Well being an Aussie trying to play in a reverse timezone server at night is horrific. Only 2 40man servers (39 really with admin slots) and they are permanently full (because almost no one is willing to play at night now).

I don't know if other servers are experiencing this but seems like everyone (including myself) are avoiding night.

The spawns are broken, I go to a lone deer stand and scout 3 zombies. 2 more zombies spawn within 20ft of me, I shoot and then a train of at least 10 zombies spawn and rush to one spot infront of me, they then proceed to go mental and keep spawning whenever one is killed.

Pro:

Spawn equip

Hard hitting zombies

Cons:

FPS

Walking should make you harder to see

too easy to lose z's in town and too hard to sneak past them so promotes running around looting like a madman.

As a steam user, not going to touch it. Getting it to work in the first place was annoying enough, not gonna screw with that by using a beta client.

Good move, the no weapon at start is the best thing, zombies seem OK, will take a bit of getting used to the new mechanics but seems good.

Too easy to loot, LOS in building makes it easy.

I kill anyone I see now, dont risk teamwork as people find it hard.

Zombies have super powers.

Its not "Scary" anymore cuse you're spotted from 50 miles away. Its like stampede.

I'm okay with zombies that can see more, but one shotting people is ridiculous. Now it's just an exercise in futility. Zombies see through and attack through walls.

And there's TOO GODDAM MANY! A small house by itself in the woods spawns 20+ zombies! Who is going to waste ammo to go check it, espicially when they respawn so fast? Get your re-spawn times right!

Continuous adrenaline and fear eventually gives weigh to frustration, and frustrated players don't keep playing games.

zeds spot to far. i like spawning without weapon. zeds still hit threw walls. if zeds lose you inside a building they just stop and stand around camping in the house so u cant get out if you dont have a weapon.

When i saw the patchnotes i was like, hmm fixed hitting through walls, thats ok. No more seeing through walls thats good. But why the f*** do you need to make the zombies even more OP? more dmg, longer view/attack distance etc. etc.

Also the number of zombies spawning and the respawn times were already crazy in 1.7.0 i do not see a reason to increase them in 1.7.1

I was starting to enjoy DayZ and start to get the gist of it. But this patch just ruined everything.

The game was already unbalanced, but playable. But the new zombie supervision and spawning rates just gave the final blow. Maybe this should only be implemented after fixing other issues (like hitting through walls, walking through closed doors, fix that superspeedy zig zags they do in front of us, etc). Right now, it's almost a certainty you'll be spotted by zombies before you have any means to fight them.

Yeah, the initial equipment is realy cruel. Too cruel, if we take into account that it unbalances the game even more: player killers will enjoy this, though, as new players are just sitting ducks in the first couple hours of their games or whatever time they need to find a weapon and ammo.

I've stopped playing and I'll be waiting for a future patch.

When i saw the patchnotes i was like' date=' hmm fixed hitting through walls, thats ok. No more seeing through walls thats good. But why the f*** do you need to make the zombies even more OP? more dmg, longer view/attack distance etc. etc.

Also the number of zombies spawning and the respawn times were already crazy in 1.7.0 i do not see a reason to increase them in 1.7.1

[/quote']

BTW, zombies can still attack and see through walls.

When i saw the patchnotes i was like' date=' hmm fixed hitting through walls, thats ok. No more seeing through walls thats good. But why the f*** do you need to make the zombies even more OP? more dmg, longer view/attack distance etc. etc.

[/quote']

More overpowered? Are you serious? Zombies were LAME before this patch