Sign in to follow this  
timnswede

Losing all gear when reconnecting to a server?

About 50% of the time today I've lost all my gear when I reconnect or connect to a new server. Sometimes it is as if I died and I spawn at the coast. I am not hacking and I do not have any hacked weapons and it is happening on all the servers I have joined. It also happened to my friend so it is not just me. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Are you sure you guys are not joining private hives or russain servers because you will not have your gear on those servers. Try and join a regular pub server to see if this is the case. If it is, you should have all your gear.

Edited by Rick the Survivor
  • Like 1

I have tried probably 5 to 10 servers. All public servers. I've been playing for about 4 to 5 months and this has never happened to me before. It's happening to my friend too, so I'm thinking one of the servers we played in must have glitched us or something.

This happened to me once. Lost a bunch of nice gear for absolutely no reason.

Just keep playing, man. You lost your stuff. Sorry...

I've had this quite a bit. It would say "Phil has died" when I joined and then I'd spawn on the coast with no gear and no backpack, or if I was really unlucky, miles off the map.

The only way I found to stop this happening was to alt tab as soon as I saw the "has died" message and then use the close game button on Dayz Commander. I've only managed to do it successfully once, so I can't promise it will work.

It hasn't happened to me for a while so maybe updating your Arma and Dayz version helps.

It could be a strange glitch on the server's part, but it may be some random player scaring the crap out of himself as he shoots you.

Your character spawns standing just before you get up, and it has happened to a few of my friends.

I recommend sticking to private hives and staying on that one server. Makes your life alot easier and makes you a bit more known on the server, which is always a bonus.

That happened to me before. As far as I can remember I didn't have everything up to date. Check for updates on arma and dayz. See what version you are running compared to what the server is running.