Sign in to follow this  
DayZfan1292

DayZ Perk Trees for surviors, bandits, and heroes

Hello

I enjoy playing DayZ a lot and thought it would be a good idea to add perks into the game.

HOWEVER, once you die you lose all the perks so that would definitely force players to play smart.

My suggestion is to add a perk tree that includes 3 tiers which are Bandit, Survivor, and Hero.

The survivor skill tree would focus on basically surviving and the perks would help you survive in DayZ.

The bandit skill tree would be only available to people who have obtained the bandit skin while the Hero skill tree would only be available to people who have unlocked the Hero skin. The survivor skill tree would be available to everyone.

I think this will be a great addition to DayZ because it won’t be gamebreaking but it will add a little something to motivate players to stay alive and become immersed in gameplay.

So in my free time I made a skill tree that kind of shows what I’m suggesting about.

In this skill tree there would be three tiers that players can allocate to which is offense, defensive, and utility. Also in those three tiers that would be three sub tiers which players can focus on. (haven't finished all sub-tiers)

However in order to keep in touch with realism, in order to unlock perks in the skill tree, you would need to do specific things like killing zombies, hunting animals, helping players, repairing vehicles, or killing other players.

Your character would start off as a survivor knowing nothing but perks will be like knowledge he learns throughout the world of Dayz.

After doing enough actions and accumulating enough experience, your character would start getting accustomed to life in the post-apocalyptic world and be able to learn the perks needed to help him survive.

NOTE: this is only a basic skill tree that I’m trying to show to understand my suggestion for DayZ.

Survivor Skill Tree

Offensive

First sub tier (deals with zombies)

1st perk – Deal 5% more damage to zombies

2nd perk - Deal 10% more damage to zombies

3rd perk - Deal 20% more damage to zombies and get bonus experience

Defensive

First sub tier (deals with zombies)

1st perk – Zombies do 5% less damage

2nd perk- Zombies do 10% less damage

3rd perk – Zombies do 15% less damage and can no longer break your legs

Utility

First sub tier (deals with hunger and thirst)

1st perk- You can survive longer without food

2nd perk- You can survive longer without drinks

3rd perk- Drinks give you 200 blood while canned food now give you 500

Second sub tier (deals with wildlife)

1st perk- Animals are easier to kill

2nd perk- You now can sense wildlife easier (think Far Cry 3 where you use the hunting syringe and can see animals through bushes)

3rd perk- Receive double the meat from animals

Third sub tier (deals with vehicles)

1st perk- You now use less fuel while driving any vehicles

2nd perk- Your vehicle receives 10% less damage from small arms fire

3rd perk- Your vehicle has improved speed

Bandit Skill Tree

Offensive

1st perk- Guns do 5% more damage to vehicles

2nd perk- Guns do 10% more damage to vehicles

3rd perk- Guns do 5% more damage to survivors

Defensive

1st perk- Receive 2% less damage from survivors

2nd perk- Receive 3% less damage from survivors

3rd perk- Receive 5% less damage from survivors/heroes

Utility

1st perk- Run faster

2nd perk- Less likely to bleed from a zombie attack

3rd perk- Receive 500 extra blood when healed with blood bag

Hero skill tree

Offensive

1st perk- Deal 5% more damage to bandits

2nd perk- Deal 7% more damage to bandits

3rd perk- Deal 10% more damage to bandits

Defensive

1st perk- Receive 2% less damage from bandits

2nd perk- Receive 5% less damage from bandits

3d perk- Receive 10% less damage from bandits/survivors

Utility

1st perk- Run faster

2nd perk- Less likely to bleed from a zombie attack

3rd perk- Any survivor/hero you heal with bloodbag receives 800 extra blood

The reason these bonuses are small is because I don’t want the realism to be destroyed by perks but these would be a nice addition. If these don’t make it on DayZ then maybe a perk tree would be a good idea for DayZ on consoles if it is ever ported due to the playstyle of most console gamers.

Also, remember that once you die, you would lose all your perks that you learned and have to start over much like losing all your gear.

Edited by DayZfan1292

Even though your thought is very good and has a lot of thought put into it, i dont think it would suit DayZ.

• Like 3

Casualgamer shit!

Make it garbage, make it crap....simple make it like all the other modern mainstream Shit Games!

Put in -> Perks, Archievments, UnlockCrap & personal permanent Onlinestats!

Have to disagree. There are plenty of games out there like what you describe, we don't need another one.

DayZ is about you the player - whether you have the skills to survive or not. Attributes or perks shouldn't make it easier or harder for a player to survive. If you are patient and a good shot you will survive a long time. If, like me, you are impulsive and like to run around Cherno with an axe, you won't.

Edited by DemonGroover

No perks plz. Dayz is about whether you can survive or not. It isn't about blood bagging your buddies to get hero perks.

You lost me at XP. The beauty of this game is strategy to overcome obstacles your skills as a player will increase as you play naturally and from trying things experimenting with ideas is what is appealing not a number to determine player rank. Freedom is what makes this game unique and we all want it to stay that way

Casualgamer shit!

Make it garbage, make it crap....simple make it like all the other modern mainstream Shit Games!

Put in -> Perks, Archievments, UnlockCrap & personal permanent Onlinestats!

You forgot hats. We need more hats!!!!!!! The other cool zombie games have hats and a sw33t market place wear u can get all the awesum lute!!

• Like 1