Sign in to follow this  
Bladez 0f Fury

Handcuffs

I think it would be cool to have handcuffs implemented into a game. Have it be 5 minutes until they "ware off." I think this would be a better way then resorting to shooting to keep people undercontrol. You have to be behind the person to beable to put them on and take up a gadget spot.

I believe in realism therefore you needed to collect multiple sets of them and as you use them they are taken from your inventory unless of course you take them off your hostage etc. Also they should last until death or until removed.

I believe in realism therefore you needed to collect multiple sets of them and as you use them they are taken from your inventory unless of course you take them off your hostage etc. Also they should last until death or until removed.

So if you are handcuffed you can't do any major actions (Like drive, unhandcuff people, shoot guns (obviously), etc.) and anyone can undue handcuffs but they can't be handcuffed. That would be pretty cool.

I like the idea..Would we need a key to get them off? Or could you run to a friend and just have them removed either via toolbox in inventory or axe.

Zip ties would seem to fit this better.

• Like 2

Zip ties would seem to fit this better.

I would have said Zip Ties as I think it would be more realistic aswell but I doubt many people would have got why I said Zip Ties.

But Yeah toolbox or axe to get them off. Or a hunting knife

This idea is actually really good. Maybe you could also make it from scrap metal and the keys would only be found in military loot.

Yes. Rope.

You should have the option to bind a surrendering player's hands behind his back. Said player should be able to wriggle his way out, but that would take some time (say, thirty seconds), and would initiate an animation that could easily be spotted by said player's captors. Hell, we could even take it further, and speed up the animation if the captors neglected to take the player's hunting knife.

• Like 1

This is a really good idea, however, wouldn't someone die rather than be pushed around for 'x' amount of time by someone else?

Edited by Busbify

This is a really good idea, however, wouldn't someone die rather than be pushed around for 'x' amount of time by someone else?

It would give players an incentive not to kill in order to neutralize a threat.

I'd relish the chance to live another day, or perhaps escape and kill my captors.

I want a leather mask and whip to boot.

Why would/should they wear off after 5 mins? Sever hop with some handcuffs, use the bait and switch "friednly got beans" cuff someone up and log out with the key. Seems fun.

Edited by Trizzo

Some people would others would not. Eitherway I think its a better way for people (like myself) who prefer not to kill people, be able to control the "enemy"

It would give players an incentive not to kill in order to neutralize a threat.

I'd relish the chance to live another day, or perhaps escape and kill my captors.

That is true, I didn't of an escape scenario. Maybe you could escape when they are offline?

I want a leather mask and whip to boot.

Kinky.

As to the handcuffs, one would assume they're fairly rare. I've never encountered any except on law enforcers or cheap ones for *ahem* roleplay.

Zipties/rope/shoelaces/stickytape etc seem far more applicable.

btw, all friends of Zed?

Rgds

LoK

Wouldn't this promote server hopping?

"Oh no i been caught by HETSTEAK, I'm screwed, I know, I'll hop to another server"

Or could you lengthen the combat timer so your victim could not just log and run?

The only good thign about cuff's are the ability to make Zombie bait. Imagine being dangled from a tree.

I like the idea very much, also include dog leashes (since dogs are gonna be included at some point anyway), so I can handcuff a zed, put the leash on his neck and an ALICE pack on his back, you probably see where I am going with this....20 slot zombie mule

(and yes, I tatally stole that idea from the walking dead)

Just prevent logging out when your hands are binded. If you want to leave the server, you need to wriggle your way out, and attract the wrath of your kidnappers.

"DUUUHRR BUT WOT IF I WANT TO LEAVE???? OMGICANTWAIT"

Well, in that case, you will die. Escaping captivity shouldn't consist of logging out-- that's retarded. If your captors leave, wriggling your way out of ropes should only take a full thirty seconds to one minute.

Edited by Very Ape