Sgt. Vanluven

Who is loving the new update for Namalsk?

What? I'd rather see it trigger your combat timer so that you cant disconnect.

That is a fantastic idea although I'd still prefer a longer warning period before the EVR. i.e. the initial boom triggers your combat timer for the duration of the effect but the actual burst doesn't come until maybe 45 seconds later.

Because of the EVR there is even more action around the hospital, and IMO it pushes more people to coop, IF you want to survive you need that blood.

The only problem I have with the EVR is that I rarely play Namalsk alone now.

The weapon sweps are amazing, and through countless searching, I have finally debunked the Makarov SD!

I found a Makarov SD in the store at Vorkuta...so I can confirm they exist.

I'm enjoying the Bloodsucker/EVR event but I think they should add a ton more animals to carve up and cook as playing solo it is nearly impossible to keep replacing blood loss at the rate you lose it in Namalsk (without blood transfusion availability)

The bloodsuckers are awesome, I came across 7 whilst my friends only came across two haha. As for the EVR, I don't mind it at all. DayZ was become ridiculously easy anyway and these two features bring back that old school DayZ feel

The weapon sweps are amazing, and through countless searching, I have finally debunked the Makarov SD!

The Makarov SD is in Namalsk. Although I've never found a natural spawn, I've found several on bodies and it's listed as being added in the .72 changelog.

The Makarov SD is in Namalsk. Although I've never found a natural spawn, I've found several on bodies and it's listed as being added in the .72 changelog.

My buddy picked one up in the school/office at Old Hospital last night. So, I too, can confirm that the Makarov SD is in.

as for the blood suckers just have a weapon and they are mainly around the barracks and other high value military loot

I've stumbled upon more in the forest than military areas, I've had one at the Seraja army base and 5-6 in random forests

I think the bloodsuckers have ruined the namalsk map, sure we need harder zombies but making invisible zombies has just made it seem ridiculous.

Why anyone thought having invisible zombies would be fun must be insane, making the bloodsuckers visible, run faster than the player and tougher to kill would have made more sense and been lore friendly to a zombie apocalypse, I didnt know they were invisible and tried this map today after coming back after some time off the game, this totally put me off playing this map for good.

Why dont we just give zombies telekenetic powers or guns while were at it

And before you flame me, im not complaining because they are difficult, my argument is that they are just even more annoying than ordinary zombies and they complelety remove the feel of a zombie apocalyse for me

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

I do think the frequency of them needs to be dropped, I'm coming across them every 5 minutes and it is quite frustrating.

Yeah the bloodsuckers are a pain, and the blowouts are brutal when you are low on blood. But I'm enjoying the extra challenge. All the new weapons are great as well.

Anyone else?

i love it so far man. killed a guy who had the infamous white warm clothes, only to find a white ghillie suit in his pack! plus ive just liked the G36 variants more than the other choices.

DayZ is a Zombie Survival Game, Stalker is about fighting Mutants. Shouldn't mix the two

I can see a Virus outbreak happening, I can see a nuclear catastrophe happen as well, but both at once (plus aliens) is just way over the top.

There would have been many many ways to make zombies and survival in general harder, but making them invisible and adding an event that punishes you for travelling in the open simply feels gamey

This is a pretty sweet idea for STALKER fans. I've been wanting to see what STALKER would be like with an open world lol It shouldn totally bring in more mutants, or just go and and be it's own separate mod, running Namalsk, but with all the STALKER elements. I think it adds to the map, though how does the EVR work? In STALKER, it pretty much killed you, so does it just make you bleed or take down your health if you get caught outside?

Also, don't know if this was recent, but I liked the added guns that were put in like the G36C and such. Not sure how new they are, since I haven't played on a Nam server in a week or two, but never found guns like this before. Totally running with a G36CSD that has a holo sight on it which is pretty sweet. Alittle bulky, but neat.

Edited by Maxgor

one thing I've noticed is all these extra guns just means there's that many more different clips to sift through

one thing I've noticed is all these extra guns just means there's that many more different clips to sift through

Magazines.

But the G36 and STANAG magazines can be used in both gun variants. Example, STANAG mags can be used in G36s and G36 mags can be used in M4s and M16s

• Like 1

Magazines.

But the G36 and STANAG magazines can be used in both gun variants. Example, STANAG mags can be used in G36s and G36 mags can be used in M4s and M16s

good to know :thumbsup:

do they need to be converted, or do they just work?

Well got hit with my first blowout. Yeah, that shit needs to be patched pretty quick. With it doing apparently half your health, your dead if your below 6000 health and there isn't any warning to it. In STALKER it worked cause there was a warning. You get the air raid siren, then you had a couple minutes to get somewhere. In this, it's just a BAM, and then in less than a minute, your either dead or severely wounded. That is dumb.

I'm cool with Bloodsuckers, only having come across one so far, though their roar needs to be more common and making breathing noises like it does in STALKER when they run so you can actually find the fucker, especially since it's pretty much completely invisible. They are stealthy, but not THAT stealthy lol