Sgt. Vanluven

Who is loving the new update for Namalsk?

Yeah the bloodsuckers are a pain, and the blowouts are brutal when you are low on blood. But I'm enjoying the extra challenge. All the new weapons are great as well.

Anyone else?

I love the bloodsuckers addition, especially how they go invisible chasing after you and you can only see their tiny eyes bouncing against the sky. It's nice to have a real non-player threat.

I haven't decided yet on the A1 bursts. They are super harsh but add an element we haven't had before so I'm hesitant to say much after just one day of playing.

What do the helmet and hearts do? I after I picked them up the blowouts didn't seem to affect me much.

Not so happy about this update. Kinda breaks the game for me because the bloodsuckers attack you constantly and you really can't stay put anywhere because of that and the blowout is just big "fuck you" to your face if you are even a bit injured.

Do bloodsuckers glitch through walls?

Edited by Tourdion

To answer some questions the a1 blast is actually called EVR and it will hurt you unless your inside of a good shelter and as for the helmet it protects the wearer from the blast (no nasty after effects) also the update gives the players new skins fyi white ghillie

s and white warm clothes as for the blood suckers just have a weapon and they are mainly around the barracks and other high value military loot also I absolutely love the new update bandits cant camp the woods unless they want to fight the blood suckers lol. Still havent found out about the heart yet let me know if someone finds out.

Somewhere between the bloodsuckers beady red eyes and the children's screams floating on the wind, I actually got a little freaked out last night... Playing on good headphones the first time the bloodsucker growled at me = shat my pants

Love it! Could do without the EVR tho.

Bloodsuckers are not that hard, they only move on the ground lvl of buildings, so you are safe on some stairs, a few headshots will bring them to their knees.

The Blowout is an interesting event, sometimes you just get unlucky and it blows you away (protip: rolling under a train is not considered "good shelter").

And I love the weapons! The AK107 seems a bit off(aiming), the AKS U SD is my new favorite and I was waiting for the G36 versions for like forever. Didn't try the Asaiga shotgun, but the AKS U with the SVD-scope seems pretty useless.

If I want to play with bloodsuckers I'll reinstall STALKER.

DayZ and STALKER do not need to cross! They are both great games in their own right.

• Like 1

As the admin of one of the biggest Namalsk server, i can tell you that after 24 hours i have ben forced to disable both the bloodsuckers and EVR... because "my" users were running away... they didn't liked it at all (neither i am, if i'm honest).

The weapons also, if i wanted to have more weapons i would play Wasteland... i believe the DayZ standard weapons were more than enough (especially with 1.7.5), now the weapons are different and im unable to differentiate them, plus i canno switch the maps maintaining the userlist because of them.. a total mess.

Plus the incompatibility wih the Bliss code is making it even worse: i had very nice custom bases on the server, they were really adding some more vitality to the map, but the new Namalsk doesn't work with custom_buildings and so i'm now stuck.

To be honest i really wanted to stay with the previous version.. but unfortunately neither the host (nor the users, coz they all upgraded) makes it possible.

Not good...

I play on a server with custom building, loot tables and you can build you own base/fort amd it works just fine with the update its a great addition and makes dayz just that much harder, now just more to worry about than just other players its amazing

I play on a server with custom building, loot tables and you can build you own base/fort amd it works just fine with the update its a great addition and makes dayz just that much harder, now just more to worry about than just other players its amazing

The biggest host uses Bliss, and it's not compatible with Namalsk atm...

Never played stalker, or Namalsk before this update, the bloodsuckers scared the shit out of me lol, i was waiting by the crashed plane for my friends laying in a bush thinking i'd be fine, then i heard foot steps, looked around and couldnt see anything so i got out of there, then a few minutes later i heard one of them growl right near me and i needed some new underwear...

Also, sitting in the plane waiting for your friends doesnt work and when your screen flashes red a couple of times and you wonder what it was... That would be the bloodsuckers getting you through the wall...

Didn't play it myself, but i think mixing Stalker and DayZ isn' that good of an idea,

I like the environment getting harder and surviving more challenging, but it doesn't quite fit

forcing players who behave right to move into buildings (Blowouts) is harsh for snipers, but i guess Bloodsuckers are just harder zombies and would be ok

I love stalker, and i love DayZ and Namalsk with it's Stalker references, but it doesn't fit into the DayZ story and destroys the zombie apocalypse feeling

• Like 1

I think its funny so many people don't like the bloodsuckers because the bugs that work with regular zeds, like hiding in a tree, don't work with them. Everyone has been asking for better zeds since the mod was released so there is another challenge besides PvP, and now they are complaining it's too hard.

A couple of hints: First, look for their eyes against the skyline when they are invisible and go for headshots. You can still hit them when they are invisible. Two, in my experience, unlike regular zeds, they can't climb ramps or stairs, so run until you find one of the many towers on Namalsk, climb up the first half flight of stairs, and the bloodsucker will just sit there while you unload a magazine into it's face.

I've been skeptical about nearly every decision to make DayZ harder, such as the removal of starter weapons, but this is one increase in difficulty I'm loving, even though bloodsuckers have killed me a couple of times.

On the other hand, I understand completely people being upset with the EVR. It really does effect gameplay in a manner beyond the player's control. As someone who enjoys piloting helis around the map helping folks I'm forced to ground my ride and wait for 20 minutes at a time if I know an EVR is due soon.

If the map author wants to keep the EVR, I think he should just delay the effect and give us more time to find shelter, say 30-45 seconds at least from the initial boom. The obvious problem with delaying it 30 seconds is giving people's combat timers enough time to cool so they can just disconnect until the EVR is over, but I'm not really sure what else can be done. I'm interested in hearing other ideas though.

• Like 3

I found it quite interesting, but the Stalker element seems to be rolling the ball a little too much, don't you think?

Bloodsuckers are challenging enemies in several cases, and by far the most fearful since once you hear it's trademark dinosaur roar, it's time to haul ass. However, it seems that frequency of these enemies have become a major issue, as it sounds like they are just as common as regular zeds (though I have only came across one in my 3 hour travel through Namalsk).

The weapon sweps are amazing, and through countless searching, I have finally debunked the Makarov SD!

I have mixed emotions about the EVR. It is something to keep in mind, but unlike Stalker, it appears to be the highest disadvantage to this map, as no matter what, you will ultimately be met with your character falling to the ground, so you have obligated to carry a few bloodbags to survive. I wouldn't suggest removal, but some tweaking would do.

Gotta add a Stalker quote now, and one that many might agree with...

"Get out of here, Stalker."

• Like 2

I found it quite interesting, but the Stalker element seems to be rolling the ball a little too much, don't you think?

Bloodsuckers are challenging enemies in several cases, and by far the most fearful since once you hear it's trademark dinosaur roar, it's time to haul ass. However, it seems that frequency of these enemies have become a major issue, as it sounds like they are just as common as regular zeds (though I have only came across one in my 3 hour travel through Namalsk).

The weapon sweps are amazing, and through countless searching, I have finally debunked the Makarov SD!

I have mixed emotions about the EVR. It is something to keep in mind, but unlike Stalker, it appears to be the highest disadvantage to this map, as no matter what, you will ultimately be met with your character falling to the ground, so you have obligated to carry a few bloodbags to survive. I wouldn't suggest removal, but some tweaking would do.

Gotta add a Stalker quote now, and one that many might agree with...

"Get out of here, Stalker."

Yeah, I completely agree with you.

This is what I was afraid of. People have become so used to DayZ the way it was, that changes are being complained about. Many people seem to give the impression that the bloodsuckers and EVR are an inconvenience and that that its getting in the way of playing the game. Dealing with those things is exactly what playing DayZ is meant to be. You have woken up on a freezing island and you have to survive. There are zombies, blood suckers and occasional EVR whatevers that could kill you, now go and suvive it. Maybe they could do with some refinement but not removal.

Its time to stop thinking about looking for players to kill and start finding a way to survive.

If thats not what you want and you just like pvp, then go play wasteland. DayZ is about survival.

• Like 1

The obvious problem with delaying it 30 seconds is giving people's combat timers enough time to cool so they can just disconnect until the EVR is over...

What? I'd rather see it trigger your combat timer so that you cant disconnect.