Sign in to follow this  
Kfrancis

Windows 8

I am currently building a new PC and can not decide between windows 8 or 7. What I am wanting to know is, does anyone have problems with windows 8? Playing games or any problems involving steam and the games you get from there. As well and game from blizzard and other companies. I have seen a lot about how windows 8 is supposed to make it hard to play games and mostly purchase games if you are not purchasing them from the new "metro" in windows 8. I want to hear from people that actually have windows 8 and play games. Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

I play on windows 8, everything appears to be fine.

Ok thanks, I figured a lot of it was just junk people were saying. Do you have any trouble purchasing game through steam or other distributors that aren't Microsoft?

i use win8, not a single problem with DayZ, and its far more optimised than win7, i would strongly recomend that you install it on an SSD as well for some crazy 10 second boot times

I am thinking about getting a SSD, depends on my funds lol. So far it seems like windows 8 is the OS to go with!

Another voucher here, I use Windows 8 and I love it. I did have a problem with MSI Afterburner for a while, but it was an older version. You should be fine with the newer one. Every game works perfectly.

I took one look at Windows8 at a local store and felt like my parents. Maybe I'm getting old.

Is there anyway to make it look more like a regular install of windows without all that tile nonsense?

• Like 1

I took one look at Windows8 at a local store and felt like my parents. Maybe I'm getting old.

Is there anyway to make it look more like a regular install of windows without all that tile nonsense?

yes, there is a way to make it look like windows 7 all the time, but i dont know how to do it (nor have i wanted to)

let me know how to if it can somehow save me a few GB on my windows instalation, coz my SSD is packed and it only got windoes and dayz on it :P

Microsoft is still trying to make the whole planet buy touch-screen PCs..

I believe you can select "Classic View" so that it looks just like Windows 7.

PC Gamer UK did a recent comparison between 7 and 8 which found no performance different running the usual gaming benchmarks.

not to mention win 8 costs around 30 dollars :)

Edited by Steppwolf