Sign in to follow this  
Wotuu

SetPos.log #0 shot, bannable?

Hey,

I've been getting some of the following logs (and before).

10.12.2012 14:05:18: <name> <ip+port>) <guid> - #0 shot 29:235 [5659,885,7]

I've been getting others with "Bandit1_DZ", which means said player is teleporting self or others, so I ban them for it. What is this "shot" thing? Should I ban people for this as well?

Thanks.

I see this typically at night when someone is picking up a flare or chemlight they threw in attachto.log. Not sure really what it is in the setpos.log but don't I don't ban them for that. If they are in there a lot, look in other places for them to turn up.

Edited by MissBehave

I haven't banned anyone for this yet, but it seems like a plausible explanation. There's not a lot of the logs, they are few and far inbetween. I'll try and see if I can replicate it by doing something like that myself. Thanks! I'll report back.

I threw a chemlight and picked it up, did see it in the logs. Ill try later when I find a flare.

Dito for a road flare.

Edited by Wotuu

Another one,

18.12.2012 06:03:51: xxx (xxx:2364) <guid> - #0 2:1 FunctionsManager [1000,10,0]

My anti-cheat banned him for that. Seems harmless to me, so Ill unban him for now. Anyone else know what this means?

Another one,

18.12.2012 06:03:51: xxx (xxx:2364) <guid> - #0 2:1 FunctionsManager [1000,10,0]

My anti-cheat banned him for that. Seems harmless to me, so Ill unban him for now. Anyone else know what this means?

not sure what it means but always considered it something of a glitch or false positive when I see 10000, 10, 0. I don't ban anyone with that location on their report.

Hey,

I've been getting some of the following logs (and before).

10.12.2012 14:05:18: <name> <ip+port>) <guid> - #0 shot 29:235 [5659,885,7]

I've been getting others with "Bandit1_DZ", which means said player is teleporting self or others, so I ban them for it. What is this "shot" thing? Should I ban people for this as well?

Thanks.

I can confirm that the "shot" entry appears in setpos.log when someone pickup a flare dropped by another one.

I'm not sure if it the same for the Attachto.log.

I've seen the Shot entry show up TONS of times then hardly at all, I think there are multiple events that trigger it... sure would be nice if there was a freaking explanation of the logs somewhere.

• Like 1

I just had two cases like this and was researching the issue, and found this in the CBL (looks like the cbl developers don't consider that harmful):

Reported by z...@callear.org, Nov 12, 2012

GUID(s) affected:

<hidden>

Log excerpt(s):

setpos.log:13.11.2012 08:34:26: Daniel <ip,guid> - shot 56:266 [10081,1796,6]

setpos.log:13.11.2012 08:35:38: Daniel <ip,guid> - shot 56:266 [10082,1798,6]

Comment by z...@callear.org, Nov 21, 2012

Unbanned. I've decided these "shot" entries aren't bad.

Mine were auto-banned and I will remove them from the ban list.

Yes I don't ban for these guys anymore. They are related to flares that have been ignited and then get picked up, or something along those lines.