Sign in to follow this  
GrantasauruS

Finally!

Hey all,

I'm finally going to be able to play this wonderful game that I have been following for the past couple months! Have been stalking the forums and watching youtube videos, mainly frankie, constantly lol. I just wanted to introduce meself and say how ecstatic I am that I finally get to enjoy/get frustrated at the wonder that is Day Z lol.

Definately going to to try and play the game as a survival game and not merely killing every living person I see, although some people might say otherwise. Nevertheles I'm sure I will learn quickly.

Once I get my computer built I will hop on over to the private hive sections and find myself a good home/community :)

Cheers!

GrantasauruS

• Like 2

Welcome GrantasauruS, just remember this mod(game) was designed as a social experiment expect it to fock with your sanity. Have fun out there..

Definately going to to try and play the game as a survival game and not merely killing every living person I see, although some people might say otherwise.

Good. I hope to see you posting here in a few months time with that sort of attitude. Welcome aboard.

welcome to the community! and i hope you enjoy your stay!

Enjoy this complementary batch of muffins.

vRrwT.png

Oh and remember.... Stay outta ma Shed ;)

Edited by Derpy_Hooves
  • Like 1

i'll give you a week before your back here saying ur gunna start KoS everyone you see..

it takes alot of backbone to stick to your guns in DayZ and NOT become just another person whos part of the KoS problem in DayZ...

i'll give you a week before your back here saying ur gunna start KoS everyone you see..

it takes alot of backbone to stick to your guns in DayZ and NOT become just another person whos part of the KoS problem in DayZ...

I don't see a problem... i see people surviving....

• Like 1

This.

The new guys always say, "I'm going to be a hero and be friendly to everyone! Woohoo!"

Then they turn into a bandit after being fucked over a few times.

This.

The new guys always say, "I'm going to be a hero and be friendly to everyone! Woohoo!"

Then they turn into a bandit after being fucked over a few times.

4 months deep. Been fucked over plenty... only once by a legit player. I have yet to kill anyone on a public hive. I've killed one person on a private hive (accidental). If you're good at not letting yourself get backed into a corner it's possible to keep your survivor skin. You just have to have the ability to keep yourself out of situations that will make you vulnerable (as much as possible, anyways). Also, not getting bitter about being killed helps...

Edited by fathairybeast
  • Like 1

Additionally, attempting to refrain from shooting other survivors as much as possible makes the game harder IMO. If you're intent on banditry then all you have to do it keep from exposing yourself long enough to get an open shot. If you're intent on not shooting you have to continuously reassess the situation when you're dealing with someone to make sure you never give them an opening... all the while attempting to convey the message that you're not hostile - It also makes things much more difficult knowing you're going to have to be reactive to enemy fire, as opposed to proactive (shooting first). I think it's more fun that way.

Thanks for all the insightfull replys, and thank you derp for scrumptious looking muffins!

I can say all I want right meow, but I just need to start playing the game and get immersed.

I don't think that will be a probelm ;)

Also random question, do any of you guys smoke when you play? Me thinks the game is going to be much more intense

and I will most likely be more paranoid about other people/staying hidden/etc lol.

Cheers

It's nice to see someone come on with nothing but enthusiasm.

Welcome pal, hope you have a good'un!

I obviously can't condone the use of drugs, here's me playing with steak, I'll let you make your own conclusions. It was so immersive we screamed like girls.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/110233-omg-i-just-shot-down-a-heli-with-a-makarov-wtf-fixed/