Sign in to follow this  
deuce123

NYC?

how awesome would it be if there was a DayZ map just for NYC and the bouroghs around it??? leave ur thoughts on this

• Like 2

I was thinking the exact thing. Or maybe San Fran. Similar to 'I Am Legend'. I would definitely play that!

I was thinking the exact thing. Or maybe San Fran. Similar to 'I Am Legend'. I would definitely play that!

seriously! i mean, how freakin awesome would it be to have some of the major US cities as DayZ DLC?!

Guys same here I was just thinking how awesome it would be to have Dayz come to the US... does anyone know if any modders are making a US map? Because I assume that the standalone will only have Chernarus plus.

Don't ever call it that. Call her by her full name, she is a lady deserving of respect.

-posted from the 1000 block of Market Street in San Francisco

It would be awesome, sure thing.

But think how much work is would be to make a decent number of buildings enterable, and once you have done that and you publish the Map, it would be a campfest.

Maybe add very Big Citys but do Not rebuild Real places, because they would be to Big ingame

Even with enough man hours to complete such a map, it would not run.

Think of cherno. That main city pushes really good rigs. So that is about the limit for geometry density in this engine at this time.

I like NYC a lot, but it's way too popular in disaster movies/games/whatever. I thought The Walking Dead was great, because they picked Georgia over all these big cities.

Edited by Sutinen

seriously! i mean, how freakin awesome would it be to have some of the major US cities as DayZ DLC?!

DLC, never say DLC. Say content patch.

• Like 1

to many things are set in the USA, I feel a countryside with small towns and villages make a nicer thing to look at than looking at dull skyscrapers.

NYC map + dogs = totally doing some I Am Legend role-playing.

Yelling at mannequins and shit.

Does NYC have a load of forests? Can I wear a ghillie suit and hide?

Seriously, one whiff of a NYC map and the Feds will arrest everyone here! It would be cool to have a carbon copy city, just not another American one, why not one in Kiwi central? I've never seen their cities

Central Park is 850 acres... about 3.5 square kilometers. So instead of tiny villages surrounded by lots of forrest you'd have a tiny forrest surounded by a giant city.

More Importantly: Think of all the fun and new possibilities you'd have on a map with an underground subway system.

Set in Reading or Slough in the UK.

It would save the devs having to construct renders of run-down cities as they're already trashed.

The locals already move and look like zombies.

• Like 2

Definitely somewhere based in the UK, it would be awesome :D

• Like 1

Seriously, one whiff of a NYC map and the Feds will arrest everyone here! It would be cool to have a carbon copy city, just not another American one, why not one in Kiwi central? I've never seen their cities

Yes you have.. Brisbane is their main one ;)

Why not do a map of zoidberg?

Kidding. I think any map would be great honestly, the more maps, the more different kinds of gameplay experience you can have. I think large tall buildings would be fun, like Vorkuta in namalsk, but bigger buildings with more advanced interiors, taller, larger, nicer, more quantity of buildings.

A full cold snow map would be cool to. kind of like namalsk but your fighting the extreme cold at all times.

Why not do a map of zoidberg?

Kidding. I think any map would be great honestly, the more maps, the more different kinds of gameplay experience you can have. I think large tall buildings would be fun, like Vorkuta in namalsk, but bigger buildings with more advanced interiors, taller, larger, nicer, more quantity of buildings.

A full cold snow map would be cool to. kind of like namalsk but your fighting the extreme cold at all times.

thats gonna be a lot of heat packs

Look at youtube for Take on Helicopter video's to get an idea of that DayZ would be like in Seattle or NYC. Would love to see Seattle with winter textures and while most of the buildings would be closed off to save the frame rate, add instances for the sewers, subways, shopping malls, underground parking facilities, underground transformer stations ect. ect.

That would be the problem with big city maps, might look good but with lack of internal buildings and other editable abilities the map would be best suited for vehicle simulations!

I think I read the resources for a city with enter able buildings would require a super computer to run!