Sign in to follow this  
-Gews-

What weapons or vehicles would you like to see in the standalone?

Was just randomly daydreaming about it.

Here are a few that come to mind...

Mosin-Nagant 91/30 and M.44 (with working bayonet! Would replace Enfield)

SKS (would replace Winchester)

SAKO TRG 42 (in .338 Lapua)

Tokarev TT33

PPsh 41 and PPS43

Hunting knife (as a weapon, but a fairly ineffective one, no throwing, no one-shot kills!)

Tikka T3 Light (in 6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser, need more hunting rifles)

These are just a few things I was thinking of, add your own!

Edited by Gews
  • Like 2

I love that you had to specify that a hunting knife would be as effective as a hunting knife.

I understand.

Hunting knife (as a weapon, but a fairly ineffective one, no throwing, no one-shot kills!)

I think you underestimate the lethality of a knive .. It should be a very damaging weapon with a very Short Range.

On topic:

I would want to See a SIG P226

• Like 1

I think you underestimate the lethality of a knive .. It should be a very damaging weapon with a very Short Range.

On topic:

Knives are hard.

That's why people prefer guns for the job of killing .

Knives are hard.

That's why people prefer guns for the job of killing .

Yes it should Take Skill to kill something with a knive, but it should be lethal

On topic:

Okay, which one you want, do you want me to stab you trough your chest (Not hitting the heart), or swing a hatchet as fast as I can, breaking your entire ribcage and making a huge open wound? Think of a real life situation before talking about lethality.

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 1

Okay, which one you want, do you want me to stab you trough your chest (Not hitting the heart), or swing a hatchet as fast as I can, breaking your entire ribcage and making a huge open wound? Think of a real life situation before talking about lethality.

I think i wouldn't really care, because i'll be quite dead either way

Regarding Real Life situations, i think more peoble are beeing stabbed in a Year, than beeing hatcheted do Death.

Edited by UmBe

Nice weapons... they should be "common" in Chernarus.. Also since Chernarus is inspired by Czech Republic.. maybe weapons like these: sa/vz58 , cz75 , maybe new cz805 bren (should be pretty rare,not sure if I want that gun ingame) , also more revolvers: model 820 for example,... and of'course more melee weapons : baseball bats,hammers, iron rods,...

Edited by Ladas325

I think i wouldn't really care, because i'll be quite dead either way

Regarding Real Life situations, i think more peoble are beeing stabbed in a Year, than beeing hatcheted do Death.

Yeah, what does that have to do with anything? Knives are easy to conceal, that is why they're favored. If you go walking around with a hatchet, you will get arrested before you get to hit anything.

And if you die from one stab, then you are weak as hell. A normal person could take multiple strong stabbings to non-vital organs and survive it easily. Of course if he gets medical assistance after that.

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 1

Yeah, what does that have to do with anything? Knives are easy to conceal, that is why they're favored. If you go walking around with a hatchet, you will get arrested before you get to hit anything.

And if you die from one stab, then you are weak as hell. A normal person could take multiple strong stabbings to non-vital organs and survive it easily. Of course if he gets medical assistance after that.

With medical assistance One would also survive your hatched Strike.

And speaking of stabbing, it all depends on "chance" in a matter of speaking.

If you Trust a knive in a humans Upper Body, you could penetrate a lung and with The blood an stuff this could get messy very fast.

Or if you Hit a kidney, then The victim goes into shock and dies from that .. Aso

A Human can survive more than You might like and dies easier than you think.

In any case, stabs shouldn't be more powerful than shots from handguns (in my opinion). I think handguns need to be more powerful, too.

In any case, stabs shouldn't be more powerful than shots from handguns (in my opinion). I think handguns need to be more powerful, too.

I think a single stab with a knive that is 4cm x 21cm can do more damage to a human body than a 9mm bullet.

But you also have to take into account, that you have a range of approximately 90cm with a knive and (depend on how good your aim is) up to 50m with a pistol.

And you can shoot faster, than you can stab.

In my oppinion, when you take somebody by supprise and are able to sneak up on him, or in very confined spaces, your knive should be superior. In any other case the handgunguy should have the upper hand.

(excluding extreme fail of either of the partys)

Edited by UmBe

Hunting knife for melee and short range combat. You should be able to throw it, with a chance to hit your target with the handle instead the blade. If learning is implemented one could become better at throwing knifes.

Machete.

Small, one handed axes with the option to throw it too. It could work with same mechanics as the knife, though reduced range.

Molotoves.

Baseball bats. Put some nails there to raise the bar.

Tranquilising dart gun. Add the option to use infected blood in the darts, if you want to spread a deadly desease in an enemy group.

Set arrows on fire, and burn everything around.

Make traps like in Rambo First Blood.

Combine a knife with a broomstick and stab zombies in the face.

Sling shots, though there could be a chance of a deadly shot only if you headshot someone with a stone from a close range, otherwise you could just knock someone out.

Flare gun. It can really kill a person.

I know most of these have been mentioned before, but i just wanted to put them all together.

I believe the game is in need of more DIY weapons. More shotguns and pistols would be good, but during a zombie apocalipse people would use anything they could get their hands on, to defend themselfs.

With medical assistance One would also survive your hatched Strike.

And speaking of stabbing, it all depends on "chance" in a matter of speaking.

If you Trust a knive in a humans Upper Body, you could penetrate a lung and with The blood an stuff this could get messy very fast.

Or if you Hit a kidney, then The victim goes into shock and dies from that .. Aso

A Human can survive more than You might like and dies easier than you think.

Get this trough your head: If your entire ribcage is broken and you have a hatchet blade sized wound in there, then I doubt you're gonna survive that without some high tech doctors and shit.

If you have a single stab wound, it's easy to close and bandage up. It will be hurting, but it's not lethal.

S&W 500, Nitro 700(Rifle not pistol), Compact 57, H&K 416, Brown Bess, Saiga 12 SS or JC, Mossberg 500 Bullpup shotgun and 2 new shotgun round types; Warhead(Introduced with AA12) and Shoeblock(time glass shaped slug). Improvised weapons; Compressed air rifles, Spud cannons converted to grenade launchers etc. etc.

Weapon attachments; pistol Flashlight, Shotgun external ammo holder/the ones capable having such a contraption, Assault rifle and rifle bayonets, masterkey attachment for AR's(underbarrel shotgun, usually 3 shots pump action)

Also people should use this instead

To list weapons etc they want to see in SA

Get this trough your head: If your entire ribcage is broken and you have a hatchet blade sized wound in there, then I doubt you're gonna survive that without some high tech doctors and shit.

If you have a single stab wound, it's easy to close and bandage up. It will be hurting, but it's not lethal.

And what about internal bleeding or if you Hit The stomach? The acid it contains will digest your entrails.

And speaking of Shit, when you get Hit in The guts you will literaly defecate yourself and that will cause a nice Infection.

Plus Free pain for everybody that has been violated by Sharp Metal objects.

And what about internal bleeding or if you Hit The stomach? The acid it contains will digest your entrails.

And speaking of Shit, when you get Hit in The guts you will literaly defecate yourself and that will cause a nice Infection.

Infections can be given by any kind of wound, be it 9mm, hatchet or knife.

I think 1 hit shock, 3 hit KO, 4 hit death.

Keep in mind, we are talking instant death.

On the other hand, I could easily stab your four times with a knife in a very short time.

Infections can be given by any kind of wound, be it 9mm, hatchet or knife.

I think 1 hit shock, 3 hit KO, 4 hit death.

Keep in mind, we are talking instant death.

On the other hand, I could easily stab your four times with a knife in a very short time.

you are right

But I hardy doubt that the hatched blow would kill you instantly, you would be fucked up beyond believe, no question.

Ingame it should knock you out and not instakill you.

You can keep believing that a knife is more lethal than an axe. I'm out. I fucking quit.

Edited by Sutinen

You can keep believing that a knife is more lethal than an axe. I'm out. I fucking quit.

Hey cupcake,

I never said that a knife is more lethal than a Axe.

I just said it is not a "fairly ineffective" weapon.

You my friend were the one who started to compare the two weapons.

If you read my posts carefully you will notice I never said anything about a Axe beeing less deadly than a Knife, I only defended my oppinion, that a knife can fuck a person up quite badly.

have a nice day

The "hatchet" in the game is more of an axe. I think it should be downsized a bit.

Hunting knife for melee and short range combat. You should be able to throw it, with a chance to hit your target with the handle instead the blade. If learning is implemented one could become better at throwing knifes.

No no no no no. Have you ever tried throwing a throwing knife, much less a hunting knife? Go try. And then try that at a moving target. Nobody throws knives in combat. Even commandos with Fairbairn-Sykes daggers didn't throw knives in combat. It would be a totally unrealistic addition.

I think a single stab with a knive that is 4cm x 21cm can do more damage to a human body than a 9mm bullet.

Who knows, a bullet is very destructive though and has the advantage of penetration. That would be a rather large knife, too, the one in the game looks like a SOG Seal Pup which has a blade just under 5 inches long. The problem with most knives in video games is that they are too powerful. It's not easy to kill someone with a knife, and killing them immediately would be even harder. A lot of times people don't even realize they've been stabbed until after a fight.