TheNewGeneration

Dayz - Having Moods (Can be used to balance out bandits/snipers)

Hey i was thinking of a pretty good way to balance out snipers and bandits maybe even for the upcoming standalone. Ok so the idea is that you obviously have a mood. Everybody starts out maybe around 5000. Every time you kill somebody your mood will go down 1000. Also, for every bullet (projectile) that comes within 5m your mood will go down by 50. The effects will be,

5000: Normal

4000: Character runs 5% slower

3000: Character reloads 10% slower

2000: Character shake every 15 seconds near zeds

1000: Character will spawn slightly more zeds than usual

0: Character has a 0.5% chance every 7 minutes to pass out near zeds

To increase your mood you can do a couple things, sort of like being a hero. Give morphine to someone with a broken leg, blood bad somebody, bandage them ect. Which your mood will go up by 100. Also the longer you are within 15 meters of a survivor with them in your line of sight, you increase your mood by 50 every 2 minutes. However if you stand near a person with a hero skin you'll go up by 120 every 2 minutes. If they are in any other skin, you'll remain the same. Your mood cant go past 7000.

Perks of moods

6000: Live 3% longer without food/water

7000: Live 5% longer without blood

I think this'll give the game a more cooperative feeling, and balance out those who feel the need to kill random players, but this should be OPTIONAL on servers, seeing as maybe people like the death match sort of thing.

Punishes one playstyle in favor of another. No thank you.

Ultimately, random KOS is just as valid a playstyle as helping everyone you meet.

• Like 1

So...humanity with perks?

Guess you could say that

Punishes one playstyle in favor of another. No thank you.

Ultimately, random KOS is just as valid a playstyle as helping everyone you meet.

Thanks for the feedback, but how many times have you spawned in then had somebody either snipe or kill you even as a fresh spawn? It can just balance out that, so it can punish those bandits who get all of that loot, have some sort of backdraw, as where survivors usually scavenge, find maybe a good gun or two, get shot repeat

It wouldn't work, and punishing a playstyle is bad.

If you're constantly dying shortly after spawning, then you're obviously not doing something right. It isn't that hard to take out a player who generally sits in the same post, let alone dodge AS50 bullets.

• Like 2

It wouldn't work, and punishing a playstyle is bad.

If you're constantly dying shortly after spawning, then you're obviously not doing something right. It isn't that hard to take out a player who generally sits in the same post, let alone dodge AS50 bullets.

I in all honesty don't most of the time, but this would be my sort of way for the people that are complaining about this. I've seen so many posts about people complaining, im just sorta giving them an idea,

I in all honesty don't most of the time, but this would be my sort of way for the people that are complaining about this. I've seen so many posts about people complaining, im just sorta giving them an idea,

Well I think that they can just suck it up and learn how to survive. I'm perfectly happen with graveyarding their posts.

• Like 3

Thanks for the feedback, but how many times have you spawned in then had somebody either snipe or kill you even as a fresh spawn?

Actually, for me that's never happened. And I've played this game since May.

• Like 1

Well I think that they can just suck it up and learn how to survive. I'm perfectly happen with graveyarding their posts.

haha well thanks for that then, i guess thats that then, seeing people dont exactly like the idea, might as well graveyard this too

Can we please stop making threads about ... I got KoS, I got sniped, I have the best suggestion to eliminate deathmatching, please give me indicators that tells me every aspect of the game, please give me kill cams... Seriously, it's a never ending whine fest around here.

The game has a pretty basic construction in that everyone in the game is in control of their fate, their actions, etc. That is what makes it awesome. Realize this, or realize that this game may not be for you.

Can we please stop making threads about ... I got KoS, I got sniped, I have the best suggestion to eliminate deathmatching, please give me indicators that tells me every aspect of the game, please give me kill cams... Seriously, it's a never ending whine fest around here.

The game has a pretty basic construction in that everyone in the game is in control of their fate, their actions, etc. That is what makes it awesome. Realize this, or realize that this game may not be for you.

Alright well think what you want, but this isnt a whining or complaining post. It's a simple suggestion, dont like it? I'm fine with it.

Any sort of perk, handicap or modifier that is based on playstyle is an instant no.

The only viable way to make DayZ more balanced is by fixing the things which are wrong. Things like brush rendering. Personally 3rd person unbalances the game in favour of the sniper.

haha well thanks for that then, i guess thats that then, seeing people dont exactly like the idea, might as well graveyard this too

No no, I don't need to graveyard it, although I may not agree to it, it isn't bad.

No no, I don't need to graveyard it, although I may not agree to it, it isn't bad.

Threads like this and the others pop up every day. I'd graveyard all that shit. lol. You're a better man than me I guess.

Threads like this and the others pop up every day. I'd graveyard all that shit. lol. You're a better man than me I guess.

Really? I haven't actually seen a topic related to moods and perks yet...link me please?

you do realize that we already have this? Hero skins run faster until they run out of breath, and get minor defense against low cal bullets. bandits get a headwrap that screams IM EVIL SHOOT ME! what more do you want?

Wow... loving the mood in here guys....

I disagree with the idea, purely because it does penalise certain people for their (perfectly legit) playstyle....

however, I do find the general reaction to the OP's SUGGESTION, and some of the comments rather disgusting...

This is in the "suggestions" section as a suggestion after all....

• Like 1

It's been said countless times that the DayZ team will NOT punish certain play styles. I'll go easy on you considering you're fairly new to the forums but considering how often threads about punishing play styles pop up, it kind of gets annoying. Some ideas are interesting but should not be in the game. DayZ is about immersion and feeling like you're actually in the situation. Let your real mind play tricks on you, make you hear things, and feel emotional about something. Not your igc.

• Like 1

Part of the fun of DayZ is the psychological effects and behaviors that the actual players exhibit. Trying to simulate this in the game, in my opinion, would clash with the natural feel it has. Plus, does anything really need balancing? In a real zombie apocalypse, not everything would be balanced and fair; in fact, the unfairness of certain parts of the game make it exciting to me. A reply I read a while back to a similar suggestion made a good point: Everyone reacts differently to these things. While some people may go crazy after killing someone in self-defense, others might murder innocents with little or no remorse. While the goal of DayZ, according to Rocket, isn't to create a 'realistic' experience but an 'authentic' one, the game mechanic that you propose seems like it would weaken the game's immersion and atmosphere.

Edited by Jibr
  • Like 1

It's been said countless times that the DayZ team will NOT punish certain play styles. I'll go easy on you considering you're fairly new to the forums but considering how often threads about punishing play styles pop up, it kind of gets annoying. Some ideas are interesting but should not be in the game. DayZ is about immersion and feeling like you're actually in the situation. Let your real mind play tricks on you, make you hear things, and feel emotional about something. Not your igc.

Really? you'll go easy on me??

Pffft.....

If you actually read my post, i did say that i do not agree with the idea....

However, regardless of how "annoying" you find those "whining and complaining" threads, or ideas and suggestions in relation to them, doesn't mean that those other people shouldn't be able to have their say, whatever it may be...

This is a PUBLIC arena, and if you don't like what someone is saying, provided it doesn't break any rules or regulations, tough... don't read it...

The fact of the matter is, The OP's suggestion was well thought out, well worded, and would be a suitable solution either alone (or in conjunction with other solutions) should the DEVELOPERS decide to go that way....

And if you would kindly link to the part of this forums rules, that state that i am NOT allowed to express my distaste at the way another forum member has been treated... Cause i haven't seen it :wacko: