Sign in to follow this  
skyofavalon

Sniping needs to be balanced

Third, bipods stabilize the rifle by isolating the rifle from user movement. They do not eat recoil (assuming you're using the bipod correctly, you will be loading into it, not hanging back on it). Your body eats the recoil in a proper prone position, down your back and out through your toes.

I'm not exactly sure how I should word this to make sense, this is true but what I was referring to is the combination of the bipod + a proper position in prone essentially traps the bipod in place, the recoil on the weapon isn't strong enough to then blow your body back. Having fired an M107 a few times in my military career, never having issues.

Fifth, how on earth could someone get kissed by a 5.56 rifle? There's almost no recoil... in fact the Army teaches nose to charging handle in basic training, because A. it's an index point that any doofus can remember and B. there is almost no recoil on a 5.56 rifle.

No amount of training can train stupid. Put your nose on the charging handle but don't have the rifle properly in your shoulder... and bam.

If you're careful, you can avoid being sniped.

This game needs to be a desperate bid for survival, no matter what gun you have. In standalone, sitting on a hill waiting for a kill needs to be risky. Shooting needs to risky. With any luck, truly horrifying zombies will balance the game. Zombies that will chase you, catch you (even if you try to hide in a bush), and eat your face if they hear you firing.

I'm not a big fan of map-markers. I hope that we'll never have to see that again in standalone-- it's pathetic. For now, just avoid those servers. Hopefully the game won't cater to would-be snipers, making their task a very difficult one, but a rewarding one nonetheless.

Edited by Very Ape

If you're careful, you can avoid being sniped.

This game needs to be a desperate bid for survival, no matter what gun you have. In standalone, sitting on a hill waiting for a kill needs to be risky. Shooting needs to risky. With any luck, truly horrifying zombies will balance the game. Zombies that will chase you, catch you (even if you try to hide in a bush), and eat your face if they hear you firing.

I'm not a big fan of map-markers. I hope that we'll never have to see that again in standalone-- it's pathetic. For now, just avoid those servers. Hopefully the game won't cater to would-be snipers, making their task a very difficult one, but a rewarding one nonetheless.

Most people are bad shots, myself included. You gotta be running straight away from me or straight at me, or otherwise stopped for me to get a 1-hit usually. I've gotten a little better on leading targets. but if you're coming at me and zig zagging, I wouldn't be able to hit anything or would use up a lot of ammunition.

I really encourage people to KoS, for the simple fact that it gives you practice. For the longest time I was only PvE, and trying to hit a player is much different. So if you're not into shooting players, that's fine but if they are shooting at you... You might want some experience shooting back at them.

There will always be some people who play by themselves, some people who already have a group, and then of course the newbies who roam around looking for people to play with. You might find someone to play with or you might find that lone wolf who wants to dispatch/avoid you... and same for the group. They might have all the people they need, don't trust you, and would rather kill you off than risk you shooting them or following them back to their encampment... Possibilities are endless and that is what makes the concept of Day Z good.

It would be cool if they added in wind effects for all weapons. It's a lot harder to snipe at long range in ACE than in vanilla ArmA, especially if you don't have a Kestrel 4500 wind meter.

I'd like to see that, but only if there is a bright sun on the sky. Something like between 7-Am and 11AM and then at 1PM-5PM. Not on rainy days or foggy days.

I'm a sniper myself and I agree is pretty hard to people to spot me while im well hidden.

About the 3rd person, it doenst make that much of difference.

The difference was mentioned above...you hide behind cover and they can't see you while you can look over it and pop up.