Sign in to follow this  
bob123abc123

ATI HD6950 Micro Sutter

Hi guys,

Im pulling my hair out at the moment because, my DayZ currently has some strange micro stutter every couple of seconds and I am unsure whether it is the world rendering slowly or just my GPU. This problem ONLY Happens in DayZ. I have tried mutliple drivers (ATI) and multiple Operating systems. Any Ideas or insights on what can or could cause microsutters like this would be greatly appreciated - the game is unplayable at the moment.

My system Specs:

ATI HD6950 2 GB

i7 2600 @ 3.4Ghz

8GB Ram @ 1333 Mhz

Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit (I had the same Problem on, Windows xp and Win7)

3'5 Inch Seagate 1TB 7200Rpm

27 Inch Benq (Resolution doesn't seem to make a difference either, tried multiple screens)

I am pleading for help, I really want to play DayZ lag free. Im offering beans, many beans.

What graphics settings do you have in Catalyst Control Centre for the profile you use for DayZ?

What Video options have you set in-game?

There's a number of 'how to get the best graphical performance out of DayZ' guide on the internet that give good framerate improvement tips.

Yes, I've tried many different graphic settings in-game and in Catalyst control center, as for background programs, I am unsure. I only have the basic stuff running, no anti virus, only CCC, steam and thats about it. Low FPS isnt the problem. Its a microstutter. So ill be running through the forest and the game will render or stutter for less then half a second. It is very noticable. If anyone else has an ATI card I would appreciate it if they shared what settings the have in-game and in CCC. I may have missed something.

Im offering beans, many beans.

For the love of God...don't give Skrewy beans, he has too many. D:

I have the same problem... got a ati radeon 5870.. I have played dayz since june and search numerous times for a fix.. without luck. I mean a shit load of times..

Im hoping that the standalone will fix this because it gets annoying after several months with this stupid stuttering shit.

Same here, but for me it's like a cronejob of fps drops.

Every 20 Sec. it lags for a half a sec. and then im back to 60fps.

GPU: HD 6950 2GB

Hello there

This, or something similar was/is an old issue. Have you tried searching the BiS forums for a solution?

Also, drives defragged? tried em on different sockets?

Rgds

LoK

check the BiS forums on ram disks, it'll save you alot o hassle.

Hey i have the exact same problem but im horrible at computers, would anyone be willing to walk me through the process?

Would greatly appreciate it!

I watched the youtube video above and have done all it said but im a bit confused since my files are in the steam folder, also the sixlauncher is a newer version.

Edited by Moraxus

Ramdisk might not help because I checked my disk usage whilst playing, alas it was not at 100% Usage. I'm glad i'm not alone. However, I never remember this lag when i WASN'T Using six launcher... Strange... Could be the beta patch. There are endless possibilities unfortunately.

Hi guys,

Im pulling my hair out at the moment because, my DayZ currently has some strange micro stutter every couple of seconds and I am unsure whether it is the world rendering slowly or just my GPU. This problem ONLY Happens in DayZ. I have tried mutliple drivers (ATI) and multiple Operating systems. Any Ideas or insights on what can or could cause microsutters like this would be greatly appreciated - the game is unplayable at the moment.

My system Specs:

ATI HD6950 2 GB

i7 2600 @ 3.4Ghz

8GB Ram @ 1333 Mhz

Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit (I had the same Problem on, Windows xp and Win7)

3'5 Inch Seagate 1TB 7200Rpm

27 Inch Benq (Resolution doesn't seem to make a difference either, tried multiple screens)

I am pleading for help, I really want to play DayZ lag free. Im offering beans, many beans.

Use also

ATI HD6950 2 GB

i7 2600K @ 3.4Ghz

but two of ATI HD6950 2 GB

and 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz

Samsung SSD 830

Win7

Used a few month only one ATI HD6950 2 GB.

Had at this time also NO micro stutter. CCC never changed setting this time.

Maybe this helps you or give u hope. ATI HD6950 2 GB can run dayz without micro stutter, 100%.

I know u can tune hd6950 up to 6970.

You can run i72600K @ 3.7

Edited by NoCheats

Would you be able to tell me what driver version you are running? Also do you run DayZ through what program? DayZ Commander or Play with Six. Or just alone by itself...?

EDIT: I just quickly created a mission on the singleplayer for ARMA 2 Arrowhead, and i have NO Stutter. It seems as though it is ONLY DayZ. Should I reinstall both games or DayZ? I'm out of Idea's now.

Edited by bob123abc123

Would you be able to tell me what driver version you are running? Also do you run DayZ through what program? DayZ Commander or Play with Six. Or just alone by itself...?

EDIT: I just quickly created a mission on the singleplayer for ARMA 2 Arrowhead, and i have NO Stutter. It seems as though it is ONLY DayZ. Should I reinstall both games or DayZ? I'm out of Idea's now.

All clean install, win7, Catalyst 12.10

DayZ Commander clean install, I changed in settings, close commander after joining server, refresh all servers at start off.

No Steam.

Edited by NoCheats