Conster57

Could someone explain Mildots?

It's simple.

The center of your crosshair will hit point blank at whatever range you've zeroed to.

The next mildot down will hit point blank at 100 meters below whatever ranged you've zeroed to.

The next mildot down will hit point blank at 200 meters below whatever range you've zeroed to.

So if you're zeroed at 500m, and you shoot at a target 600m away, you aim the first mildot down at them instead of your regular crosshair.

Well. It depends on the gun. Like the DMR, the crosshairs are 400m range, and each mildot down is 200m each, so the first'd be 600m, second is 800m, etc.

That's really all I can tell you. And I don't even know if what I just said is true!

Well. It depends on the gun. Like the DMR, the crosshairs are 400m range, and each mildot down is 200m each, so the first'd be 600m, second is 800m, etc.

That's really all I can tell you. And I don't even know if what I just said is true!

I've personaly never heard about this.

Check the wiki, I'm going to bed...

Just did, I believe this is because it has no zeroing.

Youtube it, my friend. There are several really good videos that explain it very well.

+ The side to side mildots help hit moving targets.

To hit a moving target aim where the target should be based on it's speed, not where it is when to shot.

Edited by BigEdMan

Mildots are mainly for calculating the distance between you and your targer. Then you re arrange your zeroing and shoot straight in the middle.

Horizontal mildots are mainly to help you shooting moving targets, which I would never advise you to do, unless its a very big open field. The calculation is too difficult, as you need to know the speed the target is moving at and since you need to calculate the speed and the bullet speed, no one does that in game, they just shoot and re calculate.

The CZ550 (hunting rifle) does not have mil dots and you calculate the distance of the target by its shoulder width (not english native speaker, sorry if its wrong).

I would never suggest you to use the mildots to re calcuate the fire distance, the best bet is always to calculate the distance and redo the zeroing. UNLESS you are using a DMR, which is fixed to 400m. Why I dont suggest to do that? simply because all the rifles (besides DMR) can do a zero from 100 to 800 at least and you wont shoot any further than 800m.

Edited by carpediembr