Holliday (DayZ)

Crossbow vs M107

I was walking up a hill in Panthera with my trusty crossbow as a fresh spawn, and suddenly i saw a bandit sniper standing infront of me, apperantly aiming down his scope as he didnt see me. I then fired a bolt into his head, and he fell down dead, i managed to get a picture of the incident but not a video :( I was then shot by his friend a minute later...

Who else has had a situation like this, where a completely insufficient weapon has won over a rare and sought after weapon?

post-57173-0-27572200-1355086579_thumb.j

• Like 5

I've done worse things to people with tin cans, whiskey bottles, and soda cans, my friend.

• Like 3

Yep, my trusty axe is a great weapon for those up close and personal discussions.

I've done worse things to people with tin cans, whiskey bottles, and soda cans, my friend.

Ooooh, kinky!!

Edited by DemonGroover

Managed to makarov a guy who had an M4 with a silencer in the firehouse north of Elektro. Only took about 4 rounds and a bunch of swerving but I scored a headshot. :D Then I died moments later from passing out in the middle of some zed.

I was making my way to Stary one time from Veresnik hill and a crossbow weilding noob showed up right in front of my friend, I zero'd my M107 wrong and missed the easiest shot in the world so my teammate took an arrow to the head.

It was quite funny though, the guy had only been playing for 5 hours haha

Was at Cherno industrial building next to the crane looking for an axe, found one, turned out there was a sniper in a ghillie up above me with a DMR, he saw me and said "Hey Buddy." and then attempted to hip fire at me I avoided the bullets and made several attempts to catch him with the axe, success, I landed a hit and he was bleeding, he managed to get lucky and sprayed me, I died, shortly after he died too, it was a draw :P

Edited by CptMugwash

I got 2 pretty nice crossbow kills in my survivor career.

The first one was in cherno, some guy was dropping a group of fresh spawns while camping in the church with his AKM, while he was coming to the door to loot the guys I leant in and shot him right in the face with my crossbow.

The second one was a close one. My mates and me were in a firefight over a crashed heli, 3 vs 3, the enemy in one of those 2 level redroofed barns, we behind a house. I circled around the barn and managed to kill 2 guys at the 2nd level who were trying to shoot out of this little window. While getting up there to loot them I noticed the guy on the other side of the barn, aimed at him only to hear my rifle going "click click". He shot his whole MP5 SD mag in my direction, dropping me to red hp and broke my legs. While he was reloading I managed to grab the crossbow from the floor and shot him in the head across the whole barn.

My group once that consisted of 3 guys with axes and a guy with nothing killed 5 snipers on sniper hill in elektro.

My friend with nothing ran up there first with nothing and completely confused them, every one of them turned their attention to my friend with nothing as the remaining 3 of us came up the hill and killed all 5 of them, earning ourselves, no joke, 5 AS50 TWS's.

I laughed for a good 2-3 minutes. We couldn't believe what had actually happened.

Edited by AussieStig
  • Like 1

your posts guys make me remember the glorious day before the bohemia patch nerfing all the pistols.. :(

M107 would win, its obvious.

As you can see from the screenshot in this scenario the victor was infact the all mighty crossbow..Which in my hands i couldn't even hit the broadside of a barn..? Hopefully they have a sight in standalone. One can only wish..

• Like 1