infinitegrim

Came back to DayZ after a 3 month break, to find this...(VIDEO)

the guy you shot at is a hacker, hes looking in the box

the guy you shot at is a hacker, hes looking in the box

I was thinking about who was the hacker in that situation.... Then I realized that the guy with the belt fed completely disappeared after I shot him and ran. My character was walking in the open on the bridge he was just on and he didn't shoot. Something tells me it was him that was hacking.

I actually play only Public Hives in Chernarus and can't remember the last time I saw a hacker.

Obviously you aren't playing on a Private Hive.

Just because you enjoy Private hives, does not mean everyone else needs to. When did it become the "rule" as opposed to the exception, that playing on private hives was the only way to be safe and have a good time? But, by all means as you are a moderator, your post was very helpful to the OP.

Onto the complainers, that are complaining about a complainer.... can you see where that was heading?

To the OP, yeah it is still bad, and I feel ya. But like the few that have anything constructive to say, the SA is right around the corner. Happy Dayz to you sir. :D

Just because you enjoy Private hives, does not mean everyone else needs to. When did it become the "rule" as opposed to the exception, that playing on private hives was the only way to be safe and have a good time? But, by all means as you are a moderator, your post was very helpful to the OP.

However you managed to assume that I was saying "everyone HAS to enjoy and play private hives" is beyond me.

I said "Obviously you aren't playing on a private hive" because it was obvious that he most likely wasn't, as the majority of private hive admins control hackers well. What I also meant by that is that it is rare to see hacking on private hives and I was thus ultimately implying that he was on a public hive.

The last implication in my sentence was that if the OP abhors hackers and wants to play on servers without them, a private hive is his best choice.

Next time, please don't misinterpret my text.

EDIT: Private hives aren't the only way to be safe and have a good time. I never stated nor implied that.

EDIT #2: I admin a private chernarus hive [bB], and we are pretty much hacker free--no hacking has been done in months.

Now, a BB member opened up a public hive recently, and it is constantly bombed by hackers.

Edited by Inception.

However you managed to assume that I was saying "everyone HAS to enjoy and play private hives" is beyond me.

I said "Obviously you aren't playing on a private hive" because it was obvious that he most likely wasn't, as the majority of private hive admins control hackers well. What I also meant by that is that it is rare to see hacking on private hives and I was thus ultimately implying that he was on a public hive.

The last implication in my sentence was that if the OP abhors hackers and wants to play on servers without them, a private hive is his best choice.

Next time, please don't misinterpret my text.

EDIT: Private hives aren't the only way to be safe and have a good time. I never stated nor implied that.

EDIT #2: I admin a private chernarus hive [bB], and we are pretty much hacker free--no hacking has been done in months.

Now, a BB member opened up a public hive recently, and it is constantly bombed by hackers.

Your implying that private hives are the safe alternative to the public hives. You have stated that in several of your reply's, in many OP's. I didn't misinterpret anything you said. Its not "obvious" that he is playing on a private hive at all. If your reasoning behind this deduction, is due to the hacking involved, then that is a poor assumption. Again you state your opinion, that if one wishes to avoid hacking, a private hive is his best choice.

I think you have made it clear you believe the private hives are the "rule" now. I'm going to restate what my original intentions were... Not everyone wants to play on private hives, nor is this the only safe way to avoid hackers. Not to mention the time it takes to re gear on several private hives. I have been on many of these private hives and have seen no evidence that they are any more safe from hacking unless their admins are on every minute of the time, which can be the same with public hives. But the idea of arguing about Private/Public and which of these are more safe, is not worth discussing.

With a Mods response, a lot of people tend to listen to what is said, as if it has a more knowledgeable informative base of direction and decision. Simply saying, "obviously your not playing on a private hive" does not help the OP, but just frustrates people that continue to have these issues, while still enjoying this mod.

Your last sentence before the edit says, "If you want to avoid hackers, private hives are your best choice" Then you edit saying "Private hives aren't the only way to be safe and have a good time. I never stated nor implied that."

Your post "Obviously your not playing on a private server" was thrown out as an "end all be all" to this problem.... you DID imply that.

Have a good evening Inception

Your implying that private hives are the safe alternative to the public hives. You have stated that in several of your reply's, in many OP's. I didn't misinterpret anything you said. Its not "obvious" that he is playing on a private hive at all. If your reasoning behind this deduction, is due to the hacking involved, then that is a poor assumption. Again you state your opinion, that if one wishes to avoid hacking, a private hive is his best choice.

I think you have made it clear you believe the private hives are the "rule" now. I'm going to restate what my original intentions were... Not everyone wants to play on private hives, nor is this the only safe way to avoid hackers. Not to mention the time it takes to re gear on several private hives. I have been on many of these private hives and have seen no evidence that they are any more safe from hacking unless their admins are on every minute of the time, which can be the same with public hives.

With a Mods response, a lot of people tend to listen to what is said, as if it has a more knowledgeable informative base of direction and decision. Simply saying, "obviously your not playing on a private hive" does not help the OP, but just frustrates people that continue to have these issues, while still enjoying this mod.

Your last sentence before the edit says, "If you want to avoid hackers, private hives are your best choice" Then you edit saying "Private hives aren't the only way to be safe and have a good time. I never stated nor implied that."

Your post "Obviously your not playing on a private server" was thrown out as an "end all be all" to this problem.... you DID imply that.

Have a good evening Inception

Yes, I am implying that Private Hives are generally the safe alternative to Public Hives, because they are. That is a fact. | Yes, it isn't obvious "that he is playing on a private hive at all", because it is obvious that he is not. | Hacking is my only reason; the OP even stated it himself that he "didn't even know there were private hives". | I didn't state my opinion, I stated a fact: If one wishes to avoid hackers, private hives are the better choice. Admins have far better control over a private hive as opposed to a public hive, and thus it is a fact.

I've never said nor implied that private hives are a "rule", as that is not true nor am I in the position of authority to make it a rule.

Yes, of course not everyone wants to play on private hives [if that was true every public hive would be empty]. And yes, it is not the only way to be safe. I never argued against that or implied that, did I?

See my first paragraph.

Yes, my post doesn't particularly help the OP in the most likely case and I was wrong in posting it.

Second last sentence, actually. But yes, private hives are generally the better choice to avoid hackers; you're more likely to come across a hacker on a public server as opposed to a private server. | Why are you telling me what I added onto my post? I already know that; are you suggesting that the two sentences contradict each other or that I edited the "if you want to avoid hackers, private hives are your best choice" to make it "Private Hives aren't the only way to be safe and have a good time. I never stated nor implied that." If the second option is the case then I must inform you that the original text is still there.

If you believe that "obviously you're not playing on a private hive" was thrown out as an "end all be all" to the problem, then you are incorrect and therefore it has contradicted your "I didn't misinterpret anything you said." I did not imply that; if I did, I would have admitted to doing so.

Good afternoon, Akael. :P

Edited by Inception.
Grammatical/spelling/punctuation errors

But.. If he uses Whitelisted servers then he wont have anything to cry on the forums about.

Some people just like to complain about everthing, It makes them happy to try pull others down to their sad miserable level :P

Either that or hes a Warz dev :P

You are rediculous. he just said he came back from months of not playing. Get off your Whitelisted high horse, prick.

Obviously you aren't playing on a Private Hive.

Get off this guys case. why does it matter if it was private hive or not. I dont know about you but ive been hacked on private hives in the past so your comment means nothing.

Get off this guys case. why does it matter if it was private hive or not. I dont know about you but ive been hacked on private hives in the past so your comment means nothing.

I wasn't on his case, I was just stating the obvious. It doesn't matter what hive it was.

I haven't played for several weeks, got on our private Chernarus sever for a bit of a laugh, no one was online, my heli was where I left it, I flew around for maybe five or six minutes and then was kicked for Battle Eye for ping to high. With a steady 137 mps speed at home.

Needless to say, I didn't get that laugh.