Sign in to follow this  
Gunni (DayZ)

Top most annoying things

Here are some thoughs me and my friends came up with after 50+ hours playing, things which are most annoying and limiting the gameplay experience and fun. I don't mean to be "plzzz fixx these omgg!!!", still enjoing the game :) Just sharing my thoughts.

- Zombies walking/attacking trough walls, aggroing players trough the walls without seeing them

- 1.5.5 tank trap/wire kit graphic glitch (oh god cant even look towards the city sometimes) :D

- Getting stuck on doorways when trying to turn (arma2 engine?)

- Your current ammo magazine refreshing to full after relog (leave 1 round, relog, full clip)

- Players pressing disconnect while being shot at (evading the kill, maybe add 30sec timer after logout)

- Weapons/bags disappearing when swapping them from corpse, sometimes you lose the original or both after swap

- Direct chat/voip communication fix (already being fixed, just putting it here anyway)

- Disable/limit side and global chat (like player needs to have a radio to being able to use global comms)

Dead players alt-f4ing as soon as they touch the ground, leaving no corpse.

You people are truly the assholes of the game

Spending more time clicking on full servers with the hopes that a slot will open up than I actually get to play.

Holy crap, imagine what would happen if Steam decided to put A2:CO on sale.

sheer amount of time it can take to get in a server

zombies see through walls

sounds like zombie within 10 feet at all times (bad sound design) giving no real insight into the Zeds actual location..

Hateful charging zombies of unconscious death.

Im tired of running from zombies only to turn my camera around to see a zombie running at least 50 kph up behind me and slamming into my back knocking me out only to be devoured by the ravenous hoard.

The turning and getting stuck on doorways is actually just ArmA simulating having a gun held infront of you and your weapon is physically hitting the doorway in 3rd person.

- Getting stuck on doorways when trying to turn (arma2 engine?)

Tight spaces, try lowering your rifle.

#1 complaint, people who disconnect as soon as they take fire. They should die in place if bleeding and disconnect.

#2 complaint, server hopping. You engage somebody, they server hop, move behind you, then reconnect and try to shoot you in the back.

These two things really break the gameplay for me, but I endure because I love the mod so much. Thank you Rocket for your hard work, just wishing you could address these two issues.