Sign in to follow this  
CrystalxNeth

Wierd Lag...

Hello, I have a new computer about a month old with a NVDIA GeForce 660 ti graphics card, intel i5 processor, 10% overclocking, and also 8gb of ram. Therefore my pc should be able to run DayZ just fine considering I can run any other game on my pc. But in day z when I look around it seems to lag from when I move my mouse around to my person actually looking around. I know that Arma 2 is old so is it just the game or is there a setting to fix this annoying delay from my mouse to the actual motions/movements ingame?

With those specs you shouldn't have lag. Try a different server if you haven't already. Have you tried regular Arma to see if it lags as well?

With those specs you shouldn't have lag. Try a different server if you haven't already. Have you tried regular Arma to see if it lags as well?

Well I only called it lag b/c I didnt know what else to call it.. It happens on every server, single player, and regular Arma 2. It is basically just a half second delay from when you move your mouse up to look up for example, but the motion on the screen will only happen like a half a second after I move the mouse instead of right away which gets really annoying when your trying to aim at moving, glitchy targets.

It's not mouse smoothing is it?

My Documents\ArmA 2\USERNAME.ArmA2Profile

mouseSmoothing=0;

You can probably also do it via the settings menu.

Edited by smasht_AU

If it's not the mouse smoothing thingy, I think it's either a server-side issue or you're using the wrong beta patch version thingy. If you're on a server that has a different beta patch version that the one you have, sometimes it gives you super shitty frames-per-second. That was the issue for me at least. :P

It's not mouse smoothing is it?

My Documents\ArmA 2\USERNAME.ArmA2Profile

mouseSmoothing=0;

You can probably also do it via the settings menu.

It probably is, i just fixed that so i will check if it works after it updates dayz... thanks in advance

it´s the 'max-/detected frames ahead' setting in your cfg.

try setting them both to 1 or 0