babydoc (DayZ)

New player about to step into the game

Hello DayZ-players!

I just bought ARMA on Steam and its downloading.

Heard so much about this game, thats why Im here.

Been playing WarZ but its full of hackers and I heard that DAYZ is better.

I know nothing about Dayz and I wonder if there is anything more I need than to download the mod?

How many players are there per server?

Are you bound to one server?

I can add that I never played ARMA before, only bought it cos I wanna play DAYZ

Any good tools or stuff to read?

Im helpfull for tips.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Google and download DayZCommander it will help you download any patches and maps you want

@edit

Ppl per server, depends- vary from 30 to 70.

You are not bound to one server, you can play on global(official hive) server, with ur character or play on private hive server which your character will be saved only there(private hive are usually less ping and more monitored)

Edited by hut

I'll throw you some tips:

Play a private server that you're most comfortable with, they're worth it.

Don't ask for or accept pick-ups, you'll just get shot.

But other than that, play from experience. Tips only go so far.

First things first. When you have everything installed, play the Arma turorials, they take you through every thing you need to know from basic movement to driving and even skydiving. This will stop you having to ask questions like "how do I use my gun?" and " how do I use freelook?". It really will help get you accustomed to the controls much quicker than trying to learn in DayZ when people are trying to kill you.

• Like 3

1. DayZ is still has of "Script kiddies". They don't hack they script.

2. Trust no one except me.

3. Join a private hive (Ca 24 is the one I play on). Stay on that private hive.

4. Depending on the server there are around 30 players average.

5. Players are more of a threat than zombies.

^^DayZcommander will make it so much easier to install/update/filter and join DayZ servers.

Other than that I recommend you start out with as little knowledge as possible.

- Be prepared to be confused and be prepared to unlearn what other first person shooters have learned you.

- Shift or 2xShift will toggle run/walking. Z,X,C changes your stances. Look at the Ear/Eye icons on your right side of the screen and notice how walking/running, crawling/crouching and different surfaces affect those icons.

• Like 1

Thanks guys

These hives....

Who owns the servers? and why are they called hives?

EDIT: I guess people doesnt team up just like in Warz where they rather kill u as soon they got the slightest chance?

Edited by babydoc

Yeah good call on CA24. I play on there too and very rarely see any shenanigans. And I hope I dont get shit on for saying this and sounding like a trackir mark but look into a head-tracking rig, I wont play without it lol.

edit- One more thing, look me up on CA24 if Im on xxNixonxx and we can roll together cause it can get frustrating playing alone. Right now I finally have some good gear but have no friends and am such a pussy that I kind of just hide in the trees looking for dropping cause Im afraid :|

Edited by xxNixonxx

Be prepared to be overrun with skiddies now...

Know the hotspots, know where to find vehicles, know how to quickly get started from wherever you spawn.

Just remember: When you first start out, you are at your safest. You have nothing of value and people will be very friendly to you, including most bandits.

Although you need to find a map as loot in-game, you can use DayZ DB to help you with your location and loot spawns.

Yeah good call on CA24. I play on there too and very rarely see any shenanigans. And I hope I dont get shit on for saying this and sounding like a trackir mark but look into a head-tracking rig, I wont play without it lol.

edit- One more thing, look me up on CA24 if Im on xxNixonxx and we can roll together cause it can get frustrating playing alone. Right now I finally have some good gear but have no friends and am such a pussy that I kind of just hide in the trees looking for dropping cause Im afraid :|

I own Track IR, didnt know ARMA had support for that.

Thanks for the tips I will look u up when Im ready :)

Edited by babydoc

Thanks guys

These hives....

Who owns the servers? and why are they called hives?

EDIT: I guess people doesnt team up just like in Warz where they rather kill u as soon they got the slightest chance?

Let's team up. Sent you a PM

In some videos I watched people seems to avoid zombies like plague. Arent there any melee weapons that you can club them to death with?

Or they need to be shot to the head to die?

well..........

First time playing and spawned near water, saw house, got to close to zombie.

2 zombies chasing me for a km on a road. I see bushes and hide . They go away.

Then someone killed everyone on server.

Hmm I try again tomorrow. :)

Hi, babydoc, welcome to dayz. Yes you can kill zombies with your axe if you like. It's my personal favourite choice. :thumbsup:

Remember there are lots of public and private servers (dayzcommander is one of the popular ways of accessing servers, I use it and like it a lot). On public servers you have the same character and gear but when you join private servers you start a new character for each group of linked servers (which we call a hive). Not much hacking on the whitelisted servers but yes on the public ones there can be a little. Though Battleye has tackled a lot of that.

Don´t trust people unless they have a blue Van and beans.