iFooZy

How to get Debug back?

Hey mighty fourm of DayZ!

I recently got back into DayZ. When i left there was a Debug Monitor, but not anymore.

Now, i searched google for at "how to", but cant find an updated one. I just saw the stream of a guy called Lirikk, hes suing 1.7.4.4 and still has the debug monitor, how?

Still scavenging for beans

iFooZy

He was probably playing a private hive, or a custom map such as Taviana. Get used to not having it, as it's not going to be there in the standalone.

• Like 1

He was probably playing a private hive, or a custom map such as Taviana. Get used to not having it, as it's not going to be there in the standalone.

Yea he was playing Taviana. Can they simply enable debug?

Edited by iFooZy

Well Taviana is its own mod, so they're not running off of the latest DayZ versions.

Hi IFoozy. With the standalone coming, I guess they want us to get used to the debug monitor going, as it won't be in the game.

You'll get used to it quick. Fights are way more intense when you don't know what exactly your blood's at.

after a long break i recently came back to dayz and after playing for some time without the dbug monitor i don't miss it anymore

It was never intended on being in the game in first place, just for testing purposes, hence debug. It's just something you'll get used to. Blood you can eyeball it with color and what not, for kills, just keep a count in your head, and zombie kills are recorded on the scoreboard.

Do it the oldschool way, find a piece of paper and a pen, then draw a line every time you kill a player:

|||||

|||||

|||||

AND SO ON :o

• Like 1

Yea ok, i think ill be able to live through it. Btw the new rolling update info is out, and new icons are coming next patch

i'm always worried about being under 8k and getting knoked out by a zombie...

There's a known bug on private servers that have side chat enabled. If you type '1M-4pEN15F4c3' it should enable the debug menu.

It doesn't always work... find a server with people on it and ask the admin (presuming one of said people is, in fact, an admin) if they saw the message. It shouldn't register on their screen, if they saw the message something went wrong.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Thanks man! Ill definately try this when i get on

Didn't work, just tried it.

I'm not surprised - It's tentative (at best). For whatever reason it works on some servers, not others. My personal theory is that it works better on high population servers... I assume this has to do with server-load and the increased chance of bugs.

But again - It has to be a server that has side chat enabled and it only works if the command is entered in said side-chat. It has to do with server-side feedback and side chat is the only delivery method I've found that EVER works.

Good Luck

• Like 1

Yeah would be nice to get it back. Considering every time its asked someone says "Get used to it its not going to be in the standalone." Here is a good question for you. Did I ever say I was going to get the standalone?

Yeah would be nice to get it back. Considering every time its asked someone says "Get used to it its not going to be in the standalone." Here is a good question for you. Did I ever say I was going to get the standalone?

Ofcourse you are gonna get the standalone! Its the standalone