Sign in to follow this  
nickzerz

Built new pc, still ain't running very well.

Hello, so awhile back I had major lag problems on DayZ, trying to fix it I built a new pc with the following specs.

Intel i5 3570k clocked at 3.40GHZ(Thinking about OC'ing to 4.2 GHZ with evo 212 cooler).

ATI Radeon HD 7959.

8GBs of ram.

I try to go for normal - high settings, but i still get 30-45 frames, and lowering doesin't help much.

Would really like some help, is something bottlenecking?

Thanks, and if there are any config help either?

Also running at a res of 1680x1050

Edited by nickzerz

It's not your vid card or your memory. I can tell you that much. And you're sure you're overriding the on board graphics? Check your device manager, make sure you're not still running on the integrated bullshit.

Go for the OC bro, the PC master race demands it.

Yeah I'm deffenitly overrideing as I run BF3 at max frames at 60FPS usaully avg.

As for the overclock I'm seriously thinking about it, but I haven't done much voltage tweeking so I will have to look at some type of guide.

I get 40-60 frames with these specs:

RADEON hd 6850 1gig

AMD quad core 3.6ghz

12gigs ddr3 ram

Although I have a decent build there, I only have a 60hz monitor. I'm guessing that you either need to fiddle with vsync or try another monitor to increase fps.

Just a random.. GeForce 680 or RADEON 7970?

I get 40-60 frames with these specs:

RADEON hd 6850 1gig

AMD quad core 3.6ghz

12gigs ddr3 ram

Although I have a decent build there, I only have a 60hz monitor. I'm guessing that you either need to fiddle with vsync or try another monitor to increase fps.

Just a random.. GeForce 680 or RADEON 7970?

HD 7950 ;P

Whats your hard drive setup? This is probably your bottle neck with ARMA2. I have heard that you can set it up loaded onto your ram if yah want to google. (i have similiar performance to you... i should really run it of my ssd or set up RAID for my games... but errr, its perfectly playable like this)

Sometimes it can be the server you're playing on, high pop server = lots of zombies to load etc..

Hard drive is a 1.5TB 7200 RPM Seagate. Just OC'd to 4.2 GHZ with a stable voltage of 1.048

Okay so I didin't test multiplayer but with almost all settings on very high I get 60-80 FPS. So this is an improvment, will test tommorow most likely.

I'm kinda scared for the fact that I have a similar configuration as yours, also running at 1680 x 1050 and I am waiting for the stadalone version. You can only get 40 fps on that configuration ? Something must be wrong, I sure hope so.. :|

Hello, so awhile back I had major lag problems on DayZ, trying to fix it I built a new pc with the following specs.

Intel i5 3570k clocked at 3.40GHZ(Thinking about OC'ing to 4.2 GHZ with evo 212 cooler).

ATI Radeon HD 7959.

8GBs of ram.

I try to go for normal - high settings, but i still get 30-45 frames, and lowering doesin't help much.

Would really like some help, is something bottlenecking?

Thanks, and if there are any config help either?

Also running at a res of 1680x1050

Why are people complaining of 30-45 Frames ffs

I use to play on 19-24 for MONTHS on lowest.

And yes I just ordered better CPU and GPU, hopefully it will be better. 30-40 Is the best and I would love to have that. If I have more then the better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmeLuCQXn-M

read this and do this, subscribe for other videos that refer to other mods for arma, arma2 OA, dayz(all maps/Mods). Dont leave hater commets, if it dosen't work, then u f'd up, try again. good day mates, and if i see any trolls trying to say SSD is better... ur a dumbass SSD is $$$ ramdisk is 0.00$ bam!

I'm kinda scared for the fact that I have a similar configuration as yours, also running at 1680 x 1050 and I am waiting for the stadalone version. You can only get 40 fps on that configuration ? Something must be wrong, I sure hope so.. :|

I've heard people that had the same specs as me run the game worse or better. To be honest, it's kinda all about how arma likes your game. It was so poorly optiomized.

Most streamers usually have a SLI GTX 680 setup with i7 OC'd to 5.0GHZ or more, so it takes a truely godly computer for max settings.