n00baphile

My Issues with the 1.7.1 Changes

A group of my friends decked out with Sniper Rifles, Assault Rifles, etc. along with plenty of medical/food supplies are struggling heavily already just on the outskirts of Stary Sobor. I couldn't imagine what it would be like for a new player who literally is spawning with no defensive mechanic against super Zombies that are still glitching through walls etc.

I said to my mrs..

'ooh, Im gonna read general, I bet there is loads of crying. annnnd here it is.

the zeds actually became EASIER. they hit harder etc, but they work purely off eyeline now. so if you are ALERT and watch where the Zeds are watching, you are safe. you are also safe ni buildings now etc... for a stealthy player this was a pure buff.

Get better.

Seriously.

I just died today after a 7 day character and was fully kitted out in like 2 hours of playing solo even though I started with no weapons/anything else.

The game is still far too easy and they really need to up the zombie count and do some other things to increase difficulty.

I said to my mrs..

'ooh' date=' Im gonna read general, I bet there is loads of crying. annnnd here it is.

the zeds actually became EASIER. they hit harder etc, but they work purely off eyeline now. so if you are ALERT and watch where the Zeds are watching, you are safe. you are also safe ni buildings now etc... for a stealthy player this was a pure buff.

[/quote']

This is false; Zombies still glitch through floors, walls, etc. despite the fact that they have no LOS of you. Not to mention that their LOS "range" is absolutely ridiculous. You could be using a tree line/brush as cover from a pretty far distance, and still get spotted by Zombies when even a human being with close to super vision couldn't spot you. The only good thing this has done is it will force everyone that has gear to go to night serves and simply utilize NV goggles to run everywhere and loot now.

Get better.

Seriously.

I just died today after a 7 day character and was fully kitted out in like 2 hours of playing solo even though I started with no weapons/anything else.

The game is still far too easy and they really need to up the zombie count and do some other things to increase difficulty.

Upping the Zombie count would be fine if Rocket toned down the super human like Zombies that can sprint at ridiculous speeds while also hearing and seeing shit that normal human beings couldn't be able to. There comes a point where the "immersion" into the game is completely broken when the Zombies are just simply super mutants on crack or some shit like that.

And running around with no defense mechanism is totally unrealistic. Like........ completely... fucking... unrealistic. If the world went to shit and Infected/Zombies were running around, there's no way I or any other sane human being on the planet run around with no defense mechanism. I haven't been put in the position of having to run around with no weapons against the new infected/zombies yet, but I'd imagine that it would be extremely idiotic.

I said to my mrs..

'ooh' date=' Im gonna read general, I bet there is loads of crying. annnnd here it is.

[/quote']

This is false; Zombies still glitch through floors, walls, etc. despite the fact that they have no LOS of you. Not to mention that their LOS "range" is absolutely ridiculous. You could be using a tree line/brush as cover from a pretty far distance, and still get spotted by Zombies when even a human being with close to super vision couldn't spot you. The only good thing this has done is it will force everyone that has gear to go to night serves and simply utilize NV goggles to run everywhere and loot now.

Get better.

Seriously.

Upping the Zombie count would be fine if Rocket toned down the super human like Zombies that can sprint at ridiculous speeds while also hearing and seeing shit that normal human beings couldn't be able to. There comes a point where the "immersion" into the game is completely broken when the Zombies are just simply super mutants on crack or some shit like that.

Agreed. We don't need Zombies with superpowers. We just need more of them that ACTUALLY act like what their defined to be: Rotting sacks of flesh that can move and hunt.

This is the one time where I will concede that quantity is definitely superior to quality, especially considering what is starting to new spawns in 1.7.1.

This is the most dumbest Update by far.

Sure, for the Fanboys here which are playing 10th of hours per day, it is cool. But not for a normal Player.

And you came with tactic and teamplay? Realy, it's not a base for any tactic, if a zombie see you behind a wall or hundreds of meters away. also "teamplay" is just impossible for normal gamers. how you want to form a team the fast way? with the unknown guy, who is shooting you? Surely not. Man... there are normal players out there!

This Update is realy bad for the Mod. New Players just wont have the fun, i had at the beginning. For me, its the end of the game just by one fact: it's not more realistic because of the update, it is just extremly harder by know.

The Mod-Guy should think about those people, spending money for arma 2 to play the mod and than get such a bad start.

I said to my mrs..

[/quote']

Get better.

Seriously.

Agreed. We don't need Zombies with superpowers. We just need more of them that ACTUALLY act like what their defined to be: Rotting sacks of flesh that can move and hunt.

This is the one time where I will concede that quantity is definitely superior to quality' date=' especially considering what is starting to new spawns in 1.7.1.

[/quote']

It's not just that, the new Zombies are pretty much 100% harmless on a night server. If you have NV goggles, you can literally run into a town and roam free and pretty much untouched the entire time unless you're actually dumb enough to walk literally in front of a zombie/infected, while rubbing his ass while you're at it.

Meanwhile on a day server, they can see your ass coming from miles away with no problem, while running at speeds that are ridiculous. Now, if they did this at both at night and day I wouldn't have a problem, because at least there'd be some logical consistency. But it doesn't; so obviously there's a huge issue with how the LOS is working right now, because I don't think Rocket intended for the Infected/Zombies to be completely useless at night (because they kind of are) while being ridiculously deadly during the day. If anything, it should be the other way round.

So I haven't gotten on to play since night time is nearly impossible when you don't have a working light source, but what it sounds like is that the "improved vision" was cranked up too high. In fact, what some of the people here have described is what ARMA had with it's AI: You could be MILES away and shoot a silenced weapon at someone, yet they'll know where you are instantly and start firing. With 100 percent accuracy. Or, at least that's what I remember from it.

I know what to expect, here is hoping it's not as bad as it sounds.

These are some legitimate complaints. This isn't a full game. It's an Alpha. Things are tried out. You wouldn't play a game where the only option upon joining the game was to die and respawn about 50 times, would you?

Faith wolf I highly doubt YOU'RE THE ULTIMATE SNEAK MASTER... dumb faggot. Get over yourself. As for the patch... way too hard and not fun =/ sry but its just not fun for me and I think thats the whole point of the game. Sure maybe its fun for dick sucker I have no life and suck my dad's dick faith wolf sneak master faggot, but for me it's too hard and just takes the fun out of it. The zombies were perfect before and the sneaking too. With the fixes it would've been even better... why change it? If you wanted to spice it up a bit just make it so you have limited gear with a fucking gun and one clip to make it difficult. No gun!? We don't have any melee weapons... But I bet Faith wolf master faggot zit face had that covered though with he's 1337 sneak skills.

Go buff a girl's vagina for once in your life

Master dick licker Faith Wolf with his OP sneak skills

My issue with 1.7.1? Randomly dieing at joining. I logged out in Balota - got an AK and a M1911 and alot of food and stuff.

When i logged in, i could walk for 2 seconds and then just died. With 12k blood left.

1hour later - same story. I was in Elektro Church, got a Winchester. When i logged in (different server btw) i just died with 12k blood left and no zeds around.

Great. I know its an alpha but that just sucks and this never happend with 1.7.0

1.7.1 changes are ok but they do need to fix the Sight and Noise range for zombies back to what it was.. The life span was 32 min people are having enough problems surviving with people and zombies before now its just fucking impossible..

I sneak everywhere and am good at dodging and even i think its nearly impossible.. Even if you do manage to get a gun (after dying 3-4 times of dying trying to sneak past the zombies to get into buildings to get the guns) Its so loud you get aggro from gun shots millions of miles away..

Thumbs down to new noise Changes Thumbs up to 1.7.1

Faith wolf I highly doubt YOU'RE THE ULTIMATE SNEAK MASTER... dumb faggot. Get over yourself. As for the patch... way too hard and not fun =/ sry but its just not fun for me and I think thats the whole point of the game. Sure maybe its fun for dick sucker I have no life and suck my dad's dick faith wolf sneak master faggot' date=' but for me it's too hard and just takes the fun out of it. The zombies were perfect before and the sneaking too. With the fixes it would've been even better... why change it? If you wanted to spice it up a bit just make it so you have limited gear with a fucking gun and one clip to make it difficult. No gun!? We don't have any melee weapons... But I bet Faith wolf master faggot zit face had that covered though with he's 1337 sneak skills.

[hr']

Go buff a girl's vagina for once in your life

I think thats the deal. It is no more fun and so why should i play this mod anymore!? for getting angry like hell? surely not. it is just starting a game and die the most dumbest and unrealistic way ever... i mean, i see zombies running around miles away and i think by myself "haha those poor idiot they are running with...wtf...its me..."

I must be a fucking god at DayZ, I haven't fired a shot in at least 3 days and since the update I have looted a bunch of cities, the NW airport, a heli crash site and about 5 tree stands, without aggro'ing anything.

It's harder, but still far from impossible. Move with purpose, be aware of your surroundings.

Guys really, if you are struggling so much then perhaps this just isn't the game for you.

As far as I've read, Rocket is not making this game for the masses or to cater to the carebear casual mainstream gaming crowd, he is making this game like this because this is the way he wants to make it!

If he starts making it easy mode like it was getting up until 1.7.1 it just becomes another piece of throw away mainstream trash.

The one real glaring quality that shines above all else for DayZ is the fact that it is so unforgiving and difficult - It is completely unlike 99.9% of other games out there and that is why people love it.

You want an easy game? Go play an easy game. This is not for you, I mean that truly and with all due respect.

At the end of the day you can survive just darn fine if you use your brains a little. I admit that at the moment zombie detection is a little broken but this will be hotfixed soon and it will be just great.. and to the guy who said our characters must be morons for running around defenseless then you would be right except for the fact that the first thing you want to do when you wake up on the beach is go get something to defend yourself.. just because you don't start with a weapon quite easily capable of killing 2 hordes/5 players if you are semi skilled does not make the game hard.

I lived for about 40 minutes. Looted tons of stuff but never found a single weapon. Had enough ammo for a small army but not a single weapon. I was in cherno on the second floor of what looked like a hotel or something. I had ran from zombies and gotten inside and was safe. I crawled on my stomach while up stairs because the sound on the floors while walking was to loud. I looted the entire building aside from 1 room. As I am making my way back there a zombie stands up through the floor in the building and knocks me down with 1 swing and then kills me.

I was quite. I made no noise. I got killed but a glitchy zombie but I would have been able to defend myself if I at least had some sort of defense. Even a human being without a gun or wrench or axe or knife has the ability to punch or push but not in this mod. If that were an option then I think I could deal as well. But starting with no weapons and the extremely over agro zombies plus them still being glitchy doesn't help.

I like hardcore games. I love them. However I don't know a single person who was able tp pick a game up and play hardcore at their first try. It takes time to learn. With this game the way it is now. There is no room for learning.

I get it is a mod and is currently free. I also get that it is still in design and development and only in it's alpha phase. I can also tell that Rocket likes to troll his players more than anything. I just hope some of these things gets addressed. Mostly the agro range, or being defenseless.

Everyone is a noob at least once.

Well, I for one just started playing a few days ago and I absolutely loved it. Of course things needed to be ironed out, it is an Alpha after all, but I thought it was fantastic. Zombies phasing and attacking through walls, I though surely that would be the first thing on the list they would address. And then.......

Then I updated the game to 1.7.1 because on paper the changes sounded great. The zombies were a bit too easy to avoid, and they really should make them more dangerous, but then I actually tried to play it. Now, I'm aggroing zombies from 500 feet away while hiding in bushes all the while I'm still getting attacked through walls. Should zombies be able to spot somebody out of the corner of their eye from a quarter of a mile away and then sprint after them at Usain Bolt speeds? I personally don't think so. To top it off, the zombie count it through the roof. They're spawing way to fast now. For every one you kill in an area one or two more pop up to take it's place. The game simply isn't fun anymore. I honestly don't think they intended for the zombie behavior to be this drastic of a change. It doesn't even feel like the same game anymore.

My issues with the 1.7.1 changes are small :D. That feeling of shitting yourself again is back and I love it now zeds are a real threat and require some thought to deal with before embarking on a looting spree.

Got into some trouble raiding a farm going in and killed about 5-6 zeds that came in after me. Then spent another 20mins waiting on a time when I could get out and away. And managed to agrro them again on the way out so I said fuck it and legged it away from the farm and took 3 with me dealt with them in a wooded area with nothing else around but damn was my heart pumping after that little encounter.

The changes are all good!:D

play smarter, it's not that hard. you're just not going to be able to go through towns as fast, use the buildings for cover, go prone, avoid zombies and go inside if they spot you. just looted 2 towns succesfully, only took twice as long than it did before.

It was too easy and now that is fixed. get on my level

My 2 cents..

Rocket, I love the change with the no gun @ spawn. DON'T change it back. I do have a question though, when I ran from a zombie horde, I ran into a house. I know they de aggroed me, but they all just stood in the doorway and didn't despawn/move away. Is that how it's suppose to work?

I don't see a problem. Play smart and it is still possible to survive alone and find supplies.

I just had a play for about 30 minutes with the new build, went through 2 towns, found 3 rifles a crossbow and loads of food and meds. Stay out of sight of the Zeds and you'll generally be ok.

I did die though - there was a Zed hiding in a porch.. I've never seen that before and it caught me out. I wasn't careful enough and got caught out - that's why I love this game.

For Fuck's Sake people it the Zombie Apocalypse - not a weekend camping trip with friends! Grow some NUTS, suck it up and learn to play a different way.

The tears of all these "My character was over 20 days old and i just died" wimps are making my night! So you lost your DMR, NVG's and GPS? Welcome to Respawn-ville, bean population - nil.

For what its worth i say Rocket gave us too much equipment on spawning.

ok, see below guys

READ THESE NOTES: PARTICULARLY - RAY-CASTING DOES NOT WORK INSIDE SOME BUILDINGS SO IT IS DISABLED INSIDE FOR ALL. PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON HIT THROUGH WALLS IN BUILDINGS, BECAUSE RAYTRACING IS DISABLED INSIDE THE BUILDING. IT IS A KNOWN ISSUE, AND IT IS OUTLINED IN THE BUILD NOTES.

and zed's horde is bug and will be hotfix.

ps: that build note was written before release 1.7.1.

you must read change log and build note both.

I must be the worst player of all time for thinking the last version was challenging then -_-; I mean I have only been playing for a few days and all, but are all of the "play better/get on my level/ stop being an idiot" 's really necessary? I like to think that I played smart, I went north, avoided major cities, solo ran small towns while gut wrenchingly slow because if i prone walked I got sighted often because of a zed through a wall or around a corner that I didn't know about. I had a good enough, for me at least, arsenal of items, they weren't even that decent, but it was enough to keep me happy and actually enjoy the game, I think if the LOS is tweaked a bit, I can go back to enjoying it the same way, and I wont even mind the new spawn items, but as it is now, its just disheartening.

As a player who has enjoyed everything about this mod so far, I'm a little perplexed as to why Rocket buffed the zombies to such a high degree. I'm 100% for realism in DayZ, and that's exactly why I play it, so I understand that the buff is a lot more realistic, however I feel that the Zed's perception should be slightly nerfed from how it currently is, but not so much as to be as it was before). The increased spawnrate is great, a horde is just what I expect from a realistic zombocalypse scenario, and the fact that the zombies are tougher and hurt more is also something I find bloody awesome. In fact, minus the bugs that'll be hammered out over time, I love the changes to the game, but as has been stated before, having them see you in positions that not even bandits would be able to detect you in is kind of unrealistic and frustrating.

In short, it's great that the Zombies are now tougher and more numerous, and I love those aspects, but the idea of them having sight and senses beyond what could be considered possible of a Zombie is my issue. That and the bugs that still remain, but I can't really bitch about that, considering this is Alpha.