Sign in to follow this  
Smirl

Zombies always chasing me

Whenever I head towards a town, zombies always seem to see me and start chasing me. I have to go fully prone everywhere throughout the city, when I see people not running around the city not being chased... what are some methods I can use to loot a city without being chased by a horde of z's?

• Like 1

Crouch walk/run on entering any town/city, also taking into account that the infected use line of sight to track you. So if you do alert them try and make a few sharp turns around corners/walls/buildings. Even running into a building let them follow you inside, but make sure you have an alternative exit and leave hopefully without the infected chasing you.

Couldn't tell you the amount of times i died for them at the beginning, just watch out for the way the infected react and you should have no problems.

• Like 1

rub Vaseline on the soles of your shoes and glide into town silent yet elegantly

Just like skating in zombie world?lol

Walk very slowly and crouch very slowly or go at night with NV

Plus with experience you will come to know which buildings you can run through to lose zombies. Any building with 2 entrance/exits will do. Run into the building and out the other side. As soon as you get out go to crouch run and turn a few corners.

I never really take much care around zombies that I know I have spawned. They can't catch you if you're sprinting, so as long as you keep running you're safe. Its a whole other matter if someone else has spawned the zeds though. Then I'm careful, but not for the zeds sake!

this may sound odd, but as the game currently plays, your best bet is to just "leeroy jenkins" your way into/around and out of towns..

so long as you DONT go into buildings with no other exit, with a Z train, you'll basicly be fine..

i long ago stopped worrying about being spotted by Z's or wasting time crouching/stealthing around

Edited by Siberian

I like to take the Z train around town for a bit and usually leave them with "other players" that are a little too geared up.

" Hey guy's I brought your friends"

• Like 2

Some solid advice in this thread if you truly want to try to avoid detection.

Personally I'm less worried about it anymore. Only time I really care is if I know other players are in the area and I don't want to draw much attention to myself. In those cases it's less about zombies and more about staying off the other players' radars.

I've also noticed crouch-walking really close to buildings and walls can help a lot. For example if you crouch-walk hugging the wall of a building you'll USUALLY see your indicators telling you you're very quiet and hard to see. Then take a few steps out onto that sidewalk or into the street.... indicators shoot way up and you are a lightning rod for zeds! This doesn't ALWAYS work though; pay attention to your Eye and Ear indicators to get a good sense of how noticeable you are.

Only time I go prone is if I have to sneak really close to some zeds or cross a road. Seems like roads are the worst; they make you really loud and really visible. Even crouching across them sucks. Again this is only if I care about other players in the area.

Eventually you'll learn how to just sprint through town, loose the zeds near your target, loot some stuff, and GTFO. Ultimately it's more efficient but... the game looses much of it's immersion and luster once you start doing this. This is because you learn how to avoid zombies so easily they are almost no threat anymore =(

Here's some things that REALLY draw zeds attention:

- Roads! Stay the fuck off them.

- Firing loud weapons! Things like Lee Enfields, FN FALs, double-barrels, and other loud guns.

- Standing up! Stay the fuck down dude. Only time you stand up is to sprint and GTFO or quickly loose some zeds.

• Like 3

I like to take the Z train around town for a bit and usually leave them with "other players" that are a little too geared up.

" Hey guy's I brought your friends"

LOL everyone hates you btw...

but i gave you beans anyways, Hahah

So the game is accualy working perfectly for you? Well, why not just remove the zombies theyr just in the way right?

Make them slow zombies... easy to escape from... but force you to act all the same.

Walk very slowly and crouch very slowly or go at night with NV

Of course, I forgot that all new players have night vision...

• Like 1

So the game is accualy working perfectly for you? Well, why not just remove the zombies theyr just in the way right?

I think he's just making the point that the game is brutally unforgiving to new players and that if the developers ever want to release it stand-alone, they need to make it user-friendly or at least explain these mechanics in-game.

Had a Zombie chase me from Belero to Kamenka, sharp turns, dropping for cover, running like a scared coward? None of it worked and it took 3 mags of the makarov to the face and at least a mag of the lee enfield. Took me running to the edge of the map 'alright screw it' and dumping the mag into it. worst part it didn't even have a broken bottle T_T

Those bullies! I'll have words with them, tell them to stop picking on you :P

I think he's just making the point that the game is brutally unforgiving to new players and that if the developers ever want to release it stand-alone, they need to make it user-friendly or at least explain these mechanics in-game.

Trust me we were all noodies once, give it a week or two and you'll have the mechanics of the infected and everthing else off by heart. This is exactly why the Mod is so popular because its so unforgiving you make the wrong decision you die, but you also learn from past experiences.

So you slowly start to evolve into an effective survivor.

• Like 1

Trust me we were all noodies once, give it a week or two and you'll have the mechanics of the infected and everthing else off by heart. This is exactly why the Mod is so popular because its so unforgiving you make the wrong decision you die, but you also learn from past experiences.

So you slowly start to evolve into an effective survivor.

Yea, when I first started playing I was terrified of zeds, now we just call them speedbumps. OP, You will get the hang of it, just takes a little time.