Sign in to follow this  
robertmcknz

Dose anything really need to change?

I have been a long player of Day Z but i don't post on these forums to be often. To be honest i don't agree with a lot of the suggestions i see here. Day Z is pretty good as it is now. People who complain about getting killed all the time and stuff, and think that the game is too PVP like, tend to be new players that don't stay for long. Yes, there are some bandits out there, but if you go on the right servers and really TALK to people, and group up, the game is fine as it is when it comes to game play. In my opinion, what the game really needs more than anything is its own built in server finder, so we don't have to use something like Day Z commander. These are the interface things we really need. Maybe even a friend finder or list in the game, so i can PM my friends if i ever want to play with them after meeting them.

Last but not least, the only other thing i think should be fixed is hacking. Now we have all read posts about this, so i won't go into it. I just hope hacking is done with in the standalone. I am sure it will. I know people have mentioned this stuff before, I'm not saying that these things are new. I am just saying these are the main things that need to happen in the day z standalone. Looking for a server with the map i want and with the update i have and the time of day i want sucks without Day Z commander. Even with Day Z Commander its a pain in my ass. Thats my two cents. Pce.

Well, a lot of things would be changed already in DayZ, but because it is only a modification using the Arma 2 engine there a lot of things that can't be changed about it. But I think a lot of added stuff will take place ion the new standalone. I believe they will use VAC instead of BattlEye which is better.

I think if you're happy with the state of the mod, Standalone DayZ will be a major shock to the system for you.

To begin with it's likely that we'll have a more polished version of what goes on now, but over the next year or so this leopard is going to have changed its spots into stripes.

I am not saying that day z dose not need to be polished in the standalone, it really does. I am saying that many of the posts here go alone the lines of adding strange and bizarre features, such as strange boss battles and non-PVP combat. I think I even saw someone saying they wanted a bladder element in the game, so that the player had to stop every once in a while to relive themselves. Elements that would completely change the game from what it is. They don't realize that the element that they want to get rid of is what makes the game great. The idea that you are not only fighting zombies but others, and learning to trust others in drastic situations is an amazing game element that creates an experience you find in no other game. My best advice to people is to really think hard about what Day Z is. It isn't a normal game. So stop trying to make it one. There is a reason we play it, and it's because it is different I just don't want to see the new standalone with a bunch of new gameplay styles. Although if you have been following the blog, they have added things but the game has the same direction as it did before.

I think if you're happy with the state of the mod, Standalone DayZ will be a major shock to the system for you.

To begin with it's likely that we'll have a more polished version of what goes on now, but over the next year or so this leopard is going to have changed its spots into stripes.

Not what i meant. Day Z does need fixes, but if you read some of the posts on this forum you see kids trying to add a bunch of things to the game that don't need to be there. I doubt Day Z will be a shock. I've been following the blog and the game seems to have many of the same features as the old, just more cleaned up. I know it sounds obvious, but it is more of a game less of a mod at this point. The mod was the stepping stone.

The game just needs re-balancing. I'll put it in a way that I can understand, in my current state of mind.

DayZ Mod:

WEAPONS > 99% POWER

ZOMBIES > 26% SCARY

SURVIVORS > 0% UNIQUE

Standalone:

WEAPONS > 70% POWER

ZOMBIES > 92% SCARY

SURVIVORS > 100% UNIQUE

Survivors are extremely well-geared, and their only threat are other storm-trooper like Survivors.

A bunch of people that look exactly the same, toting around huge-ass weapons, and zombies are ridiculously weak.

• Like 3

I liked DayZ a lot back in May-June when everything was new, there was maybe 10-20 servers and people didn't KoS much but wanted to cooperate. But it quickly turned into a killing fest when more (underage) people came in and then this game really started to get boring. You couldn't interact with other players without getting shot instantly. And it got even worse when duping and script kiddies came in.

- I think standalone needs better balance of weapon spawning. Somehow to restrict the max amount of "OP" weapons per server

- Get rid of those tents and you can't have so much stuff with you. This means you really have to make decisions and not have "all da fancy 'tuff"

- Better, scarier and more zombies

- Able to shout in the distance for better player interaction

- Some survival aspects which rocket and his team are already developing

I'm seeing that we will see all those things that I mentioned in the standalone and I think we need those changes a lot.

"Pretty good"? Ahaha... Hahahaha, HAHAHAHAHAHAH! HAHAHAHA-

For real, if you think the mod at the moment is good for a standalone game that is gonna be on Steam, then I hope your joking..

• Like 1

I believe they will use VAC instead of BattlEye which is better.

VAC doesn't ban ppl for nothing, and it bans many of the hackers, thats true. But you can easily play even with a VAC Ban... A friend of mine once used godmode in MW3, got VAC ban, some hacker (real hacker, not just scripter, but also codes cheats) we know over the internet (long story), that also gave him the godmode gave him some kind of VAC unbanner... 10 mins later he had no VAC ban on his acc anymore, and now he can play normal again.

So tell me how this is better?

A large amount of what I'm looking for in Day Z is actually increased difficulty. Besides PvP, I don't feel there is that same tension that was there when I first started playing. I want the infected to be of a higher threat (make their motions more fluid; no more having to stop to attack, quick, relentless, increased number of infected, packs of infected)and a new threat introduced, wild life (bears, wolves, etc.)

Edit: I also want there to be less food, ammo, and survival items. Hunting should be the main source of food and medical supplies should be difficult to obtain.

Edited by Lights Out

The game just needs re-balancing. I'll put it in a way that I can understand, in my current state of mind.

DayZ Mod:

WEAPONS > 99% POWER

ZOMBIES > 26% SCARY

SURVIVORS > 0% UNIQUE

Standalone:

WEAPONS > 70% POWER

ZOMBIES > 92% SCARY

SURVIVORS > 100% UNIQUE

Survivors are extremely well-geared, and their only threat are other storm-trooper like Survivors.

A bunch of people that look exactly the same, toting around huge-ass weapons, and zombies are ridiculously weak.

I liked DayZ a lot back in May-June when everything was new, there was maybe 10-20 servers and people didn't KoS much but wanted to cooperate. But it quickly turned into a killing fest when more (underage) people came in and then this game really started to get boring. You couldn't interact with other players without getting shot instantly. And it got even worse when duping and script kiddies came in.

- I think standalone needs better balance of weapon spawning. Somehow to restrict the max amount of "OP" weapons per server

- Get rid of those tents and you can't have so much stuff with you. This means you really have to make decisions and not have "all da fancy 'tuff"

- Better, scarier and more zombies

- Able to shout in the distance for better player interaction

- Some survival aspects which rocket and his team are already developing

I'm seeing that we will see all those things that I mentioned in the standalone and I think we need those changes a lot.

Exactly. The main game elements are good, yet some little things need to be fixed.