Kophka

Petition to add the Mosin Nagant to Day Z

How's this look guys? ;D

ArmA2OA2012-05-1523-08-49-46.png

ArmA2OA2012-05-1523-07-23-76.png

ArmA2OA2012-05-1523-07-11-75.png

Once I finish the detail LoDs' date=' its all yours if you want it, Rocket. :)

[/quote']

This Mosin should be perfect, just gotta let Rocket know about it. Bug him people! :)

I love the mosin, its the best $80 bucks I have ever spent. What a great gun, its a beast, but its what held off "ze germans" in stalingrad back in double-ya-double-ya-two

Along with the Russian Mogin Navant what about an SKS with a bayonnet, pps-43, ppsh-41, maybe even a cz75. All of those guns were from that area and used and distributed from WW2 up through the 70's and 80's. The SKS was even the bolt action predecessor to the AK. The cz is a Czechoslovakian pistol made in 1975 for export. Even a German made HK usp with a flashlight from the 90's could do.

I'm not sure about the game engine or how applicable a rifle with melee is but it seems like most all of those should be in the game.

• Like 1

I love the mosin' date=' its the best $80 bucks I have ever spent. What a great gun, its a beast, but its what held off "ze germans" in stalingrad back in double-ya-double-ya-two

[/quote']

Bah, I'd more put it down to the freezing cold and the encirclement and scorched earth tactics of the russians, rather than their bolt action rifles.

Signed, though, and...

Along with the Russian Mogin Navant what about an SKS with a bayonnet' date=' pps-43, ppsh-41, maybe even a cz75. All of those guns were from that area and used and distributed from WW2 up through the 70's and 80's. The SKS was even the bolt action predecessor to the AK. The cz is a Czechoslovakian pistol made in 1975 for export. Even a German made HK usp with a flashlight from the 90's could do.

I'm not sure about the game engine or how applicable a rifle with melee is but it seems like most all of those should be in the game.

[/quote']

This guy is on the money. SKS, SVT-40, 7.62x25mm SMG variants, Tokarev TT-33, CZ 52, annnd a personal favorite of mine would be the Nagant Revolver; it fires a pretty underwhelming round, but it can be effectively suppressed, and is quite a common pistol in the region. It'd make a nice common pistol, with the suppressed version being much rarer while using the same ammo.

• Like 1

Signed, so long as it remains appropriate to the lore.

Lets get rid of all non-lore-friendly weapons, esp latest design US stuff, and replace it with Eastern European equipment.

Signed, and four of my other friends who play DayZ would also probably want it in here, so singed for them too.

Another pistol would be good, as the current selection of only five is sort of low.

There should be at least some Tokarevs, CZs, Stechkins,and Fort-12s laying around as well. Revolvers too, but as they are generally more powerful, not that many.

Another pistol would be good' date=' as the current selection of only five is sort of low.

There should be at least some Tokarevs, CZs, Stechkins,and Fort-12s laying around as well. Revolvers too, but as they are generally more powerful, not that many.

[/quote']

I'd like to see the .45 Taurus replaced with a .357 S&W or something similar. The Tokarev I'd love to see, the Nagant revolver too, although the Stechkin would be a bit odd; I'd rather see the Makarov PB as a rare silenced weapon that acts as an alternative to the M9 SD, since it wouldn't need some silly Makarov SD rounds, just normal 9x18mm.

Along with the Russian Mogin Navant what about an SKS with a bayonnet' date=' pps-43, ppsh-41, maybe even a cz75. All of those guns were from that area and used and distributed from WW2 up through the 70's and 80's. The SKS was even the bolt action predecessor to the AK. The cz is a Czechoslovakian pistol made in 1975 for export. Even a German made HK usp with a flashlight from the 90's could do.

[/quote']

Dang right man. Remember though, there was talk of a new map back in the beginning of all this, don't know if the idea got dropped or not. It could be anywhere from Queensland in Australia to South Africa to the central United States. Just the precedent of more civi weapons is what we need to set, so that people understand that gucci gear is a holy grail, a damn near mythical thing in the Zombie Apocalypse. :)

Mosin Nagant, yes please. I'll take a dozen.

Signed' date=' so long as it remains appropriate to the lore.

Lets get rid of all non-lore-friendly weapons, esp latest design US stuff, and replace it with Eastern European equipment.

[/quote']

Yeah, the 1911s, M1014s, and all the American infantry rifles would be pretty rare in a post-Soviet country.

Signed! Along with MN there should be much more eastern block weapons available than now. Like AK-47, the most common assault rifle in the world?

Signed! Along with MN there should be much more eastern block weapons available than now. Like AK-47' date=' the most common assault rifle in the world?

[/quote']

The AKM is the AK-47 you're thinking of.

I wanna see alot of SVD's and the like.This would increase players being able to avoid being sniped since most of the American snipers are just way too overpowered.

Signed! Along with MN there should be much more eastern block weapons available than now. Like AK-47' date=' the most common assault rifle in the world?

[/quote']

If you want to nitpicking AKM isn't AK-47. It's modernized version of it aka. Avtomat Kalashnikova Modernizirovanniy or "Kalashnikov's modernized automatic rifle". Though with quick googling AKM is the most common AK. Anyways instead of having mostly american weapons there should be much more eastern weapons. As example RPK as eastern mg niche?

It would be a glorious victory for all russians and non-russians alike to have this gun ingame! Signed

[/quote']

If you want to nitpicking AKM isn't AK-47. It's modernized version of it aka. Avtomat Kalashnikova Modernizirovanniy or "Kalashnikov's modernized automatic rifle". Though with quick googling AKM is the most common AK. Anyways instead of having mostly american weapons there should be much more eastern weapons. As example RPK as eastern mg niche?

RPK, RPD, PKM, SKS, SVT-40, PPSh-41, Degtyaryov DP, VSS, OSV-96...

There's plenty of russian weapons that could be included to either replace or be the equivalent of the American weapons.

However, I've always imagined Chernarus as being an American-occupied country before the outbreak of the zombie virus, which is why there's so many crashed humvees, empty barracks, and crashed helicopters lying around.