Kophka

Petition to add the Mosin Nagant to Day Z

I mean sure, more weapons is cool and all.. But we already have a bolt action rifle. Enfield. Why do we need two? what role does it serve?

This makes soooo much sense - it even works out great if the enfield was removed if that will add to many weapons... I'd love a more realistically common bolt action sniper without scope. Its actually way more common than the Enfield even in west Europa as collectors and gun people like it.

I really support this as a fellow stalker/sniper.

Will go bug the dev's again about status... damm they are gonna ban me soon if I keep this up *tears*

I mean sure' date=' more weapons is cool and all.. But we already have a bolt action rifle. Enfield. Why do we need two? what role does it serve?

[/quote']

In reality it doesn't serve anything right now as you said, the Enfield pretty much serves the same role as a Mosin Nagant would. But for some reason people love the Mosin Nagant (moist nugget). The fact that we're playing in a post soviet map that doesn't have those, but does have the Lee-Enfield just seems strange.

And fuck it, someone else is taking the time to make the model, so why not just throw it in? I'm hoping that at a later date more soviet weapons get thrown in such as the SKS and CZ pistols. The post apocalypse just feels grittier when your running around with slavshit as opposed to newer US weaponry.

GLORIOUS EXPOSITION COMERADE! (signed)

also on a side note, why don't we have a few I44 weapons in here? I'm sure they would be obliging (BAR on slow auto or an M1 Garand would be pretty awesome and vary up the weaponry and ammo scarcity)

Signed.

Remove the Enfield replace it with the mosin.

Ammo for the mosin should be quite easy to find and should come in bricks.

It should allow you to adjust the zero of the sight also.

signed even if i'm not russian.

I like this gun shape, its sight and its sound.

Comrad, but what about m9130 ?

regardless great work

It should allow you to adjust the zero of the sight also.

not to be technically anal but mosins pre-zeroed to 300 i think and there's no way to move front-pin. Of course there's sight's elevation adjustment but that's not used for zeroing.

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

Bump and signed.

Though I'm sure Rocket has plenty of his own weapon plans.

I'll sign this just for the immersion aspect (depending on back story of course) but I dont think this will be a priority for a while.

Let's get the mechanics etc sorted first.

Didn't Iron Front: 1944 just come out? Can't they just port the Mosin over, and even the bolting animation?

Signed, I love the gun and it fits the soviet setting.