Kophka

Petition to add the Mosin Nagant to Day Z

Awesome job B00ce, finding a model (or making?) for the Mosin. Let the devs know where you got it, one step closer! +1'd! :)

Hell yes, i was going to suggest it.

If a sks could come in too that'd be the pefect combo.

Great suggestion. The Mosin is perfect in terms of setting.

Awesome job B00ce' date=' finding a model (or making?) for the Mosin. Let the devs know where you got it, one step closer! +1'd! :)

[/quote']

Made from scratch. ;)

Took me less than 24 hours to get this far, kinda' proud of myself.

Mosin nagant only? What we really need in the long run is more common weapons that are found in eastern european countries, not all this western army stuff.

But as i said, in the long run and this is alpha right now and it's not that important right now.

There is a discussion floating around on the IRC channel right now regarding the scads of military grade gear vs the civilian weapons that should be the mass of the available goods.

Going to have to wait till we get a new map (if ever) and put only one military place on it, probably the farthest from spawn. If you survive the trek there, you can get some military stuff.

The rest of us should be carrying M1a's, bolt actions, semi-auto 30'06/.223/30'30's, and a variety of handguns. There's no forum post about it yet, anyone feel free to make one if you agree. :)

I'll sign this, but I'd like to let the devs more focus on bug-fixing and core implementation to the game, Once again this is alpha and alpha means getting the game to work without major game-breaking flaws :).

p.s. help alpha go through more quickly by posting the bugs you see!

There is a discussion floating around on the IRC channel right now regarding the scads of military grade gear vs the civilian weapons that should be the mass of the available goods.

Going to have to wait till we get a new map (if ever) and put only one military place on it' date=' probably the farthest from spawn. If you survive the trek there, you can get some military stuff.

The rest of us should be carrying M1a's, bolt actions, semi-auto 30'06/.223/30'30's, and a variety of handguns. There's no forum post about it yet, anyone feel free to make one if you agree. :)

[/quote']

Yeah, I'd much prefer a wider civilian firearm arsenal. Military-grade rifles and gear shouldn't be the mainstay of most survivors. Running around playing AKs and M4s in the countryside (Even if the base of the mod is a milsim sandbox), just gets a bit stale. Civilian semi-automatics/bolt-action rifles/shotguns need a bit more of a face in the game, they're pretty poorly represented currently. And more handguns. :(

How's this look guys? ;D

ArmA2OA2012-05-1523-08-49-46.png

ArmA2OA2012-05-1523-07-23-76.png

ArmA2OA2012-05-1523-07-11-75.png

Once I finish the detail LoDs, its all yours if you want it, Rocket. :)

b00ce, that looks amazing man! I know the @ thing doesn't work, but @rocket, @ rocket, @rocket! :D

How's this look guys? ;D

ArmA2OA2012-05-1523-08-49-46.png

ArmA2OA2012-05-1523-07-23-76.png

ArmA2OA2012-05-1523-07-11-75.png

Once I finish the detail LoDs' date=' its all yours if you want it, Rocket. :)

[/quote']

Just like the one I have at home, the things are loud as hell though, would probably replace the Lee Enfield as the British didn't exactly have a large presence in the Soviet lands.

Signed.

I'd like to see it too IF the back story keeps the mod placed in a post-soviet country! There is supposedly a back story that hasn't been released yet. If it puts the mod in south america or something then all bets are off.

Mosins are common everywhere. In North America they are probably one of the most commonly owned military surplus weapons (if not the most common). In Europe they're everywhere. In Asia, South America, Africa, the Middle East, Australia... everywhere you go, you will see the 91/30. Everywhere. I'm not exaggerating... it was the AK-47 of its day.

Signed.

Although I think, better without bayonets (or very exceptionally). Kick by rifle butt could be later also good addition.

Agree if the backstory puts this in an ex-Eastern Bloc country. Otherwise, the most available rifle should depend on the region of the world. The AK-47 is probably the most prevalent rifle around the world. I forget if the Mosin already exists in Arma II...

Agree if the backstory puts this in an ex-Eastern Bloc country. Otherwise' date=' the most available rifle should depend on the region of the world.[/quote']

"A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population."

Right off the main page. So yeah, Mosin Nagants would be everywhere. I mean, you can buy one in the US for under 90 bucks. It's cheaper than most .22 rifles.