logan23

Large Ships, boats and freighters

I was think about how it would be nice to have to freights at the docks to search as well as other freighters in the distance.

Using a boat or chopper you could go to these places and investigate.

I wonder if there are any battleship/military vessels which could be also placed out in the ocean.

There could be a cluster with normal fishing boats around the military ship.

This could be signs that this was a medic lab and base of operations when the outbreak happen.

To have these work, the Infected pathfinding for indoors need to be fixed so they can travel faster.

These locations at sea could become Clan bases even.

Just throwing out this idea for future thought and debate,

What do you think?

• Like 2

i would LOVE this idea! It would be cool to scavenge a massive boat with many hidden rooms and pathways, it would just be awesome!

I was think about how it would be nice to have to freights at the docks to search as well as other freighters in the distance.

Using a boat or chopper you could go to these places and investigate.

I wonder if there are any battleship/military vessels which could be also placed out in the ocean.

There could be a cluster with normal fishing boats around the military ship.

This could be signs that this was a medic lab and base of operations when the outbreak happen.

To have these work, the Infected pathfinding for indoors need to be fixed so they can travel faster.

These locations at sea could become Clan bases even.

Just throwing out this idea for future thought and debate,

What do you think?

I smell one thing, and one thing only. Car parts galore. This would actually be an outstanding idea. The freighters shouldn't be drivable, but if they had a shit ton of industrial loot it would be outstanding. It would also be great if they had narrow corridors (with lots of twists and turns) all the way through the ship with loot spawns along the way. This could also make things quite dangerous, as zeds can make a huge choke point making it quite deadly (even if they can still only run.).

• Like 1

Military battleship/carrier.

I'd LOVE some dark hallway, CCQ zombie killing. Flashlights would actually be needed.

• Like 1

Awesome idea! Pitch black hallways, zeds, flashlights/tiki torches; it would almost be a complete game in and of itself.

• Like 1

This would be a awesome idea to put in dayz

Awesome idea.. maybe on the carrier we can add some Military AI gone crazy they will see you can shoot at you thnking your a zed. so basicly you got zed in the carrier and crazy marines with M9 or M16 :P

I think this is a cool idea, and it makes no sense to have the 2-4 kilometers of docks in Chernarus with NO freight boats or military ships. Right now the docks are a high risk area with NO reward at all unless, you’re swarmed by zombies.

So I think this would add a nice balance of RISK vs. REWARD. Even if they are high yield Industrial and maybe mid yield Military (or maybe even high) they are still out in the open. There are already examples of areas like this; Balota air strip, NWAF, NEAF, Starry. A lot of them have an open gauntlet to run, to get some high grade gear, with very little cover. The docks are no different besides there is very, very little reward.

If the massive boats were implemented in the 3 major cities such as, Cherno, Elektro, And Berenzino, It would give it some reward to risk being on the dock. Even if they are high yield Industrial and maybe mid yield military (or maybe even high) they will still be a very hard place to leave from with your new gear. All it takes is 1 Lee Enfield shot to knock you out; all 3 locations spawn plenty of them and on a populated server may even turn Cherno, Elektro into a Death Match.

Even if the boats were anchored to the dock, and after the time spent bashing its hull against the concrete dock from waves, it would still be viable to have them floating and in decent condition. Paint generally does not disintegrate after a year, and even then the metal has to rust. That could take plenty of years. In the event one of the boats did have a leak, it would gently be set upon the harbors sea floor as the docks are designed to not allow a boat to be fully submersed to make the removal of the scuttled ship easier.

And to make it easier on the Death Match situation, put a couple carriers at sea, close enough to land to be seen and sniped at, while able to be boarded by boat, or landed by plane/Helicopter. If anything it’ll attract anyone along the coast, and only make you a bigger target. It’s impractical to swim there as you will get sick, and starve before you’re able to swim 800 meters. And if there is an island in the SA, Put the military vessels between them. No way could you fly a heli on a populated server without being at least spotted.

On top of all that the military gear doesn’t need to be crazy spawns, maybe just a few enterable rooms on the portions above the deck with similar spawn rates to a barracks.

Edit: Easier on the eyes format.

Edited by Tactical_Tom