Sign in to follow this  
NerVteter

NVG and AWS Weapon(S).

Hey guys,

here 2 sugestions for the MOD and the Standalone. (Thats why postet here)

1. NVG has to be common (in military loot locations) [Edit: Or be delated]

NVGs are gamebreaking. New players have no chance in the night against "NVG-geared" Players. Thats just unfair.

[Farming the NVGs now take VERY LONG (4 weeks for me)]

2. AWS Weapon needed as antisniper spotterweapons. (1 in game)

Lower the damage of the weapon witch gets the AWS to sidearm-level. It has to be a rare weapon like the FAL

(only crashsites[?] would be good). It counters the camping snipers.

What do you think about point 1 and 2?

greetz

Edited by NerVteter
  • Like 1

Pretty sure, judging by the poll on this forum, that the thermal weapons will probably be gone. Honestly, I'd like to see zero night vision items in standalone. Would make it that much more intense at night, and level the playing field.

• Like 2

I think there should be Night Vision Goggles.

I dont think there should be thermals.

• Like 1

Yeah dude they got rid of thermals for a reason. Feck that! :D I hate the things. So op.

I also disagree with the first one, I would get rid of them all together! Add more torches to weapons and be able to use hand gun AND torch.

Edited by Rooneye

Thats a got sugestion to clear the game from NVGs. Thats even better then raise the "drop" chance.

I love to play at night in fully darkness using Chemlights or Flares/Lights. NVGs are overpowerd if only few had them.

Rethink about AWS or bring a better opinion to spott snipers. Its almost impossible to localize them. Even with NVGs.

(Therfor the limitation of damage for a weapon that have AWS, it makes it balanced. Even for Snipers.

(They can spott you to! Thats the meaning of balance!)

just delete f*cking as50 and m107, and world will shine with new colors!

If they do so, they have to raise the drop chance of the "rocket launcher" for anti vehicle purposes.

If they do so, they have to raise the drop chance of the "rocket launcher" for anti vehicle purposes.

for what? use mk 48

Hey guys,

here 2 sugestions for the MOD and the Standalone. (Thats why postet here)

1. NVG has to be common (in military loot locations) [Edit: Or be delated]

NVGs are gamebreaking. New players have no chance in the night against "NVG-geared" Players. Thats just unfair.

[Farming the NVGs now take VERY LONG (4 weeks for me)]

2. AWS Weapon needed as antisniper spotterweapons. (1 in game)

Lower the damage of the weapon witch gets the AWS to sidearm-level. It has to be a rare weapon like the FAL

(only crashsites[?] would be good). It counters the camping snipers.

What do you think about point 1 and 2?

greetz

Point 1:

Simply deleting NVGs will make playing at night impossible (unless the night has full moon and you play with gamma high)

Running around with flares and flashlights is too big of a risk, people will just go to day servers and never play on night ones

The devs came up with the idea of nvgs needing batteries, which imo is a good way, as long as the nvgs have a high consumption rate of batteries and batteries are prettie rare

Point 2:

Thermal vision is not needed, learn to see in arma, and learn to look at places popular for snipers

The problem with both though is that they are far more powerfull than their real-life counterparts

NVGs and thermal should have a maximum range of about 600-800 meters, at least the person-carried variants

And dont even get me started onn the effect rain has on those, you wont be able to see shit through both when it starts raining even a little bit

Edited by Zombo

Thats a got sugestion to clear the game from NVGs. Thats even better then raise the "drop" chance.

I love to play at night in fully darkness using Chemlights or Flares/Lights. NVGs are overpowerd if only few had them.

Rethink about AWS or bring a better opinion to spott snipers. Its almost impossible to localize them. Even with NVGs.

(Therfor the limitation of damage for a weapon that have AWS, it makes it balanced. Even for Snipers.

Not being able to spot a hidden sniper is not a problem IMO. It's not like you can force people to only use their thermals against snipers. Against everyone else they're so OP more OP than anything else on the game IMO.

Point 1:

Simply deleting NVGs will make playing at night impossible (unless the night has full moon and you play with gamma high)

The devs came up with the idea of nvgs needing batteries, which imo is a good way, as long as the nvgs have a high consumption rate of batteries and batteries are prettie rare

Point 2:

Thermal vision is not needed, learn to see in arma, and learn to look at places popular for snipers

The problem with both though is that they are far more powerfull than their real-life counterparts

NVGs and thermal should have a maximum range of about 600-800 meters, at least the person-carried variants

And dont even get me started onn the effect rain has on those, you wont be able to see shit through both when it starts raining even a little bit

Nonsense. No it wont. i play at night all the time with out NVG's as do most people. It's not impossible at all. Torches, flares & chemlights, thats all you need.

Not being able to spot a hidden sniper is not a problem IMO. It's not like you can force people to only use their thermals against snipers. Against everyone else they're so OP more OP than anything else on the game IMO.

Edited by Rooneye

Rocket launcher takes a backpack slot, it's near useless.

M249,Mk48 and to a lesser extent the M14 are capable of disabling vehicles

Yeah I wish they would change that. Add an RPG-7 too and make them be able to be 'put on back' like in Ace on ArmA 2.

Removing thermal as sights and adding them as goggles would make it for me and making them the rarest thing in the game.

I think we can all do without, without them you don't get douche bags that hack and dupe them. I wonder what they'll have in SA...

Lets get rid of all those things. NVG's, Thermals, .50 cals, rocket launchers, LMG, & assault rifles. they are all over powered and not balanced! Foam noodles and garbage can lids should replace everything! This way no one needs to cry about how unfair everything is. See I just made DayZ fair and balanced!

• Like 1

Remove night vision and thermals imo.

ESPECIALLY the thermals.

Edited by Teih

Remember how terrifying it was when you first looted Cherno at 12pm with only flares and a Makarov? That was terrifying, terrifyingly awesome!

I wish we could go back to those days, when finding a standard M4 or an AK Kobra was like striking gold!

I'm glad thermals are being phased out.

As for NVG, reduce the visible range and add in battery life. Also, any player shot in the face while wearing them should completely destroy the unit.

• Like 1

But you can put the rocket launcher in your backpack. That way you still have both!