Sign in to follow this  
Smax

WHERE'S MY GEAR!?

1. Find helicopter crash site about 1 hour after spawning.
  2. Loot DMR and decide to camp it to murder another player since my gear is pretty bad as I spawned 1 hour ago
  3. Player comes along after 10 minutes
  4. Kill him with DMR and log out because I aggroed all the zombies
  5. Logged back in to the same server and all my gear got reset back to starter gear (bandage and a torch)
  6. Ran over to helicopter to loot the player
  7. Looted Ghillie Suit, every tool in game, Alice Pack, cooked meat, NVGs, Range finder and I also looted the FAL that was at the crash site
  8. Logged out to go on low pop server (this one was 52/52) so I could run to nearest safe place and hide to wait for my friend logging
  9. When it logged in my gear got reset again back to starter gear

Needless to say, I was furious! Lost a DMR then lost like the best gear setup in game due to some bug! Has anyone else had this bug before? How do I prevent it from happening again? How can I get my gear back?

P.S This was on FR 34 server

• Like 1

1. Find helicopter crash site about 1 hour after spawning.
  2. Loot DMR and decide to camp it to murder another player since my gear is pretty bad as I spawned 1 hour ago
  3. Player comes along after 10 minutes
  4. Kill him with DMR and log out because I aggroed all the zombies
  5. Logged back in to the same server and all my gear got reset back to starter gear (bandage and a torch)
  6. Ran over to helicopter to loot the player
  7. Looted Ghillie Suit, every tool in game, Alice Pack, cooked meat, NVGs, Range finder and I also looted the FAL that was at the crash site
  8. Logged out to go on low pop server (this one was 52/52) so I could run to nearest safe place and hide to wait for my friend logging
  9. When it logged in my gear got reset again back to starter gear

Needless to say, I was furious! Lost a DMR then lost like the best gear setup in game due to some bug! Has anyone else had this bug before? How do I prevent it from happening again? How can I get my gear back?

P.S This was on FR 34 server

Nah, never mind....

• Like 1

when you log out after recently acquiring and item it takes time to register to the global database. Basically, you fucked up.

1. Kill him with DMR and log out because I aggroed all the zombies

You deserved it. Go cry in a corner.

• Like 2

Christ... How did I know you'd all complain that I logged out cos of zombies! Listen, it's a bug in game and until it's fixed, people will take advantage of it! Like 90% of players do it! Get over it! Don't evade the real issue here!

when you log out after recently acquiring and item it takes time to register to the global database. Basically, you fucked up.

It happened 3 times, it wasn't just because I aquired new items... It happened before after having the items for a long time!

Christ... How did I know you'd all complain that I logged out cos of zombies!

Common sense?

• Like 2

Christ... How did I know you'd all complain that I logged out cos of zombies! Listen, it's a bug in game and until it's fixed, people will take advantage of it! Like 90% of players do it! Get over it! Don't evade the real issue here!

It happened 3 times, it wasn't just because I aquired new items... It happened before after having the items for a long time!

There's your answer. You said it yourself.

Its a bug in game. Get over it.

You seem a bit of a knob, so snarky reply is required.

Edited by Rooneye
  • Like 2

in soviet russia, zed's log out on you!

oh wait...

(sorry couldn't help myself xD)

Edited by Azrail

Isn't taking advantage of a known bug also known as an exploit? Its enough to get you a ban in some online games. Feel lucky we're just snarky ;)

Isn't taking advantage of a known bug also called an exploit? Enough to get you a ban in some online games?

Edited by bigdogsco

Hmm forum seems to be eating my post a bit.

Its called an exploit! It can earn you a ban from other games. You're lucky we're just snarky.

Just looking for an answer to any of my questions. If you don't have one, that's fine, just don't start whining about logging zombies, chill out!

So it's just a bug, and there's nothing I can do?

Did you log out while the combat countdown was going on? that is programmed into most servers, if you log out while in combat, you lose all your shit.

:)

telling people not to cry about exploiting the game, all while crying about a bug....lol

the fewer people like you playing the better.

Edited by Dankine
  • Like 1

Serves you right for logging off to get rid of the zombies. You're defeating the whole purpose of the mod by doing that....

Probably logged on to a private hive. Find a server and stick with it.