Sign in to follow this  
Tomeusz

Whats so entertaining about this mod?

Just asking. Well, it may be enterteining while you play at bigger groups or with clans. Otherwise what so cool about it? To run for hours, collect some stuff and eventually die by some clan, bigger gruop members? And then start over to again die after hours of runing at emty enviroment? This game should be called multiplayer coop/clan game. Single wolves without friends playing, regiving them gear have no chance at this mod where 90% are hostile and clans and groups has great advantages not just because of numbers, but also because when they die there is gear waiting for them at tents and camps. Alone players has to start all over again=run at bushes for hours and look for smaller cities to die after all and start again.. Its really annoying and get borring very fast. Not to mention tons of hackers and campers.

Edited by Tomeusz
  • Like 2

It may not be your type of game. Some people really enjoy the atmosphere, I do, but some may not.

Edit: oh and, I go lonewolf most of the time, never had a proper group, and Ive enjoyed this mod to bits.

Edited by morgan32
  • Like 1

It's a sandbox, the entertainment comes from using the game-world as you see fit.

I get that big clans, hostiles and bandits are intimidating, but some of the best DayZ times can be had when you're immensely underpowered/outnumbered and running around like an idiot.

If you know a clan has a base somewhere, there's nothing stopping you from stalking them and stealing all their crap.

I'm a hero, not a hostile player, but I'll nick stuff from weapon hoarders. Seeing as how their guns are just sitting in a tent getting old. ;)

You set yourself a target, or just wander around.

It's not everyones cup of tea.

• Like 1

I play in a clan and i play alone. Clangames atm only at Private Hive Maps.

Lonewolf on Cheranus - im Friendly.

It´s easy to hunt down a Clan Group if you are alone since they are more likely to be spottet (since of group size).

Anyways i play as a Hero, get to know people ingame by speaking to them on Direkt Com. Its so fun and even more fun when they are new to the game and you can really help them to make there way trough the towns and Landscape.

Just make a Story out of your gameplay. The last Guy i met was so Happy, we found an SUV later on in the Middle of the night, it was his first car he couldn´t believe his luck.

He had the most fun this night and he wasn´t expecting the game was going in this direction when he logs on (he reapeatet its alomsit 5 times lol ^^).

For me its a nice feeling to log off after a Round of Dayz knowing you made someone Happy, Helped him or even made his Day(z) by taking him on an adventure though cheranus.

• Like 3

UP: You are at clan. If u die he will help you(drive u somewhere, give you some supplies), or you already have some tents with gear waiting for you. Other thing. I really watch for hostiles, walking at trees, avoid major cities, but its pointless. As i know zombies spawn when are players nearby. Yesterdey i was spoted at middle of the land by some heli(i was hidden under tree) just because zombies was spawned near me. Its really stupid spawn system.

Otherwise to make new and alone players more equal and competetive to other clans, grups or vets who knows all maps and spawnpoints, they should make something like WarZ- safearea where you can hide your collected stuff and noone can steal it. Tents isnt the way for alone playyer, because they are hard to find and more likely ather players are nearby. That would remove atleast this one huge advantage over clans which dont have to start over after death and have all gear right after.

I watch some alone wolves like FRANKIE on YT, but when they die they dont start over, thay getting lifts by some choppers, cars to places, getting weapons right away, take teammates to places where they died. Dont have to run like stupid 1 village after another rolling on the ground for hours to die by beeing spoted near zombie spawn by some clan guys which doing rides on gear at some areas.

But you could place a Tent for yourself alone i don´t see the disadvantage in palying alone.

as Clan you need more tents -Harder to Hide

as Lonewolf you need 1 tent - Easier to Hide

maybe harder to acess a Tent and get the Weapons and supllies for it - But if you got one you are in a better position.

Sure being in a Team got more other advantages liek teammate pick up gear when you die, maybe lift you, even share the gear with you after your dead.

But if you dont like to play alone just search for people to play with.

Hi Tomeusz, I know it can be frustrating when you play alone at first but eventually, you learn to survive. My latest life has lasted 56 days, so it possible to survive alone. Most days I go out hunting and then head off to an airfield, town or deer stand for ammo and provisions, or to explore a place.

But people are right, playing solo and playing with a team each have advantages and disadvantages. It's easy to find people to play with but it can take time to find the right group for you. Keep trying and don't give up. :thumbsup:

It's a wonderful game because it's so open and you aren't forced to achieve things like quests.

Edited by Sula

I am a Lone Wolf love it don't like sharing sorry, Never been bored, Never had to run around for hours either to find stuff, Yeah i die but i don't get all depressed about it, i don't get attached to my gear, Cheer UP after all it is just a game you don't like don't play simple or find some friends to play with

Meet people in game, join up with them. Find a server that has a teamspeak server, again make friends with people there. This game to me is all about the random en counters you have during your time in game, I have met a few really cool ppl through teamspeak.

i play as lone wolf mainly but with groups aswell

take yesterday for eg

on namalsk in vorkuta on my own quite a few about i run in shop with pistol only i got shot by group of people

so i respawn luckily get spawn near vorkuta find shotgun run in back of shop guys are still there kill all of them :lol: take there loot kill another two on way out :P

groups are okay if you work as a group but a lone wolf if decent and fast can actually be better. ive took 5 or 6 people quite often if you dont panic and just shoot and dont miss .

so no game isnt controlled by clans as such. also to prove this me and two friends killed a 100 people plus on 1 server just holding against clans and groups even telling them were we were :lol:

use common sense and have a game plan.

the biggest thing that kills people in dayz is being stupid and too scared to do anything and panicing !

so in short no i dont agree with clans controlling dayz. also if you want a hand ill help kill some clans for you :)

If you call people "campers" then you are playing the wrong game.

Just asking. Well, it may be enterteining while you play at bigger groups or with clans. Otherwise what so cool about it? To run for hours, collect some stuff and eventually die by some clan, bigger gruop members? And then start over to again die after hours of runing at emty enviroment? This game should be called multiplayer coop/clan game. Single wolves without friends playing, regiving them gear have no chance at this mod where 90% are hostile and clans and groups has great advantages not just because of numbers, but also because when they die there is gear waiting for them at tents and camps. Alone players has to start all over again=run at bushes for hours and look for smaller cities to die after all and start again.. Its really annoying and get borring very fast. Not to mention tons of hackers and campers.

Maybe you are just too new to the game and to noobish (sorry - really no offense!). I am playing in a squad as well as single.

Soloplay: My best score was a six man squad against me. I was able to kill 4 of them and then I retreated after I recognized the last two survivors were trying to flank me. So, no, you are not always a victim of bigger groups. Always check your six, always be careful and “camp” the location you want to loot before running into open fields or into villages. This game needs a lot more patience and tactics to play like other games. That is it what it makes so special. And you really have to run around for 2 hours to get some decent loot? Poor bambi. You will learn the maps and you will get a lot faster in looting decent gear. E.g. I gear up in Chernarus in roundabout 30 min – 1h without being transported by a vehicle. Ok, then I do not have weapons like an AS50 or NV goggles, but at least an AK or a M4.

Squadplay: Find some friends and try it with them. A lot of servers have teamspeak servers. Connect to one and ask if there are guys who want to play with you. The most of them are really nice :)

You need just some experience in this game and it is something completely different compared to other games. Have you ever tried to set up a camp by your own? It also works for lone wolves. But, to be honest, I do not think this game is the right one for you. Your mindset towards this game is not the right one. If you are stressed by gearing up, dying, gear up again and so on – then you won’t have fun. This is an essential part of the experience. A lot of players are hostile, right – but there are also some out there who aren’t. Approach other survivors with extreme caution.

You have two options:

1. Get experience – with the map, with the weapons, with loot paths, with other players. I promise you, it will be worth it. It is a hard way to learn and can be frustrating. But in the end you will get the reward of a great gaming experience.
  2. Get another game which suits you more. There are plenty of FPS out there where you get your weapons at the beginning and you can start fighting instantly.

Edited by Draxx

i look for friendly player, but i go lone wolf almost 100% of the time. once you know what your doing you can be just as good by yourself, you also get all the good gear instead of sharing.

Addrenaline, that's why I play!! Yes most people shoot on site but u can make friends, search on forums find atleast one person to group with I swear u will have a better time!

OP check out the clan section. There are usually lots of new players looking for people to play with.

I find the most enjoyment comes from murdering unarmed players on the coast.

They deserve it. It's like, c'mon man...get good and find a gun already.

I never play alone because I play with irl friends.I do have to agree that PvP is a really stupid part of the game, on most occasions,But it's the running and danger that make me like this game.

Half the fun is finding what you need to survive. The other half is going up against a 7 man clan by yourself, taking down as many as you possibly can before you inevitably die, or when you get experienced enough, wrecking as many as you can until they retreat/die in a blaze of glory.

I never play alone because I play with irl friends.I do have to agree that PvP is a really stupid part of the game, on most occasions,But it's the running and danger that make me like this game.

pvp is a core part of the game...

I've played both ways. Alone and with a group. My clan has a server. The feeling of accomplishment here can be so much greater than any other game. Real lose=greater tension. Once you get used to the game mech's and you enter a city, looting and getting out without dying or getting banditized or maybe even getting a kill, your confidence will grow as will your appreciation of the game.

PvP IS NOT a stupid part of the game. It's the MAIN part of the game. I've played on a locked server and YOU WILL get bored of it. You can only pile your loot so high before you realize it's pointless without something to defend it from. You can only equip 2 guns for Christs sake.

DayZ is a game for people with balls. "Make loot and not war"=this game dies

Edited by NoyZ

I play as part of a group , The BSB Network with literally hundreds of players in loads of groups and we've been playing since the first week of release, as well as on my own - and love it both ways. I find both way sof playing equally challenging and rewarding, with their own pros and cons.

As one of the guys already said, it's sandbox but it's also aimed at a very specific target audience in my opinion. I think you have to be a fan of the zombie/appocalypse genre on the whole as well as appreciate the aims of the mod.

For me I get a lot of satisfaction and pleasure when playing alone from the atmpshpere and tension created because dead means dead - hours of work and graft scavenging, stalking, raiding, moving with stealth etc. all lost by a single bullet. It makes you appreciate things much more and take less risks - encouraging you to play as if it were for real. In that respect it really is a fantastic RPG. Obviously most things you come accross in game tend to be purely from players themselves, so theres no real limit to the scenarios or events that can unfold - no 2 stories will ever be the same in the game. From that aspect it makes for a fantastic MMO.

Try to enjoy it for what it is, true there's not a lot that stands out in terms of objectives or points to the game, but there isnt meant to be. It's purely an environment you are meant to submerge yourself into and enjoy.

Edited by Box
  • Like 1

pvp is a core part of the game...

I like to play realistically.What is happening now is what you describe.But the way I see it, in a real zombie apocalypse, few people would be selfish enough to kill the few remaining normal beings in a zombie-infested world just to make sure that they'll live comfortably in that mess.This is why I find banditry in DayZ to be -mostly, sometimes it can be necessary- a wrong thing.Plus the fact that many bandits are simply dudes who prefer to do things the quick way (who the f*ck goes to a supermarket, let's kill a noob, or why risk losing my life to get to an airfield, let's snipe/kill an unsuspecting survivor instead), or, worse, dudes who are in the wrong game (I am so l33t cuz I play DayZZZ to kill n00bs) doesn't make them look any more attractive, nor does it help me understand their logic.

I've played both ways. Alone and with a group. My clan has a server. The feeling of accomplishment here can be so much greater than any other game. Real lose=greater tension. Once you get used to the game mech's and you enter a city, looting and getting out without dying or getting banditized or maybe even getting a kill, your confidence will grow as will your appreciation of the game.

PvP IS NOT a stupid part of the game. It's the MAIN part of the game. I've played on a locked server and YOU WILL get bored of it. You can only pile your loot so high before you realize it's pointless without something to defend it from. You can only equip 2 guns for Christs sake.

DayZ is a game for people with balls. "Make loot and not war"=this game dies

People with balls?War is for people with balls.Standing up against dictators (and normal goverments, on occasion) is for people with balls.Games are for everydayers who want to entertain themselves.

And indeed, zombies aren't really much of a challenge.No irony here, but I believe Rocket should/could try making zombies much more dangerous.Right now, banditry is the greatest danger around.If that danger became zombies, the game would probably become more interesting.If this is tested, and it fails, I'll gladly go on in the way it is now, since I still like it.

As I said, if banditry becomes necessary (low on supplies, probably in the middle of nowhere, zombies running to you, etc etc), then wtf, if I got something you really need and can't waste time to talk, shoot me up and take it.But for the love of God, don't shoot me cause you're too bored to crawl to a nearby supermarket, or simply because you think you're in CoD/BF3.

Edited by thodouras95

I'll shoot you for any reason I want thanks :)

The realism argument is entirely bunk. In all likelihood there would be a lot of violence.

I'm pretty new to DayZ (hmm, around three days now). I'm what would be called a lone wolf, but I totally enjoy being that. And I enjoy the game for the sandbox aspect and the thrill that you have in every single second of playing.

In my eyes it's fantastic to have all these decisions to make: do I go investigate that village/town/airfield? If there's not many zombies around, does that mean a player might have cleared the area and still is around, meaning I even have to be more cautious as if there were a bunch of undead guys lurking around. Or if you run into a "new" gun: do I switch it out for my old one? Is it any better than what I have?

And honestly: even me being not a big PvP fan: it ADDS to the game, big time! Eventhough sometimes you run into kinda "unfair" situations... those mistakes (if you don't survive them, and I so far don't survive player attacks that often) make you learn and be more cautious about what you do, and what you better don't do next time you run into a similar situation.

All that plus the food/water and vital stats management really make DayZ unique (in my opinion). But I do understand that there's people that are not into that kind of games, and that's ok. No one if forced to play anything they don't like, right? I think this is a love it or hate it thingie, and there won't be much in between :)

I'm not (yet) a fangirl of DayZ, but I'm pretty much enjoying it, eventhough it has a few really hilarious glitches. Then again: it's in alpha state, so it might become even better and better with every patch/update. For me it's refreshing to see such an intense survival aspect which I kind of miss in most (or every?) other "survival" game.

Oh, I have to run, I hear some weird noises ;)

• Like 3