Daniel701

Weapon Maintenance in SA? Gun Customization?

So, we have to fix cars, fix our wounds, so why not our weapons? I think we should have a meter or an indicator ( I thought the handgun in the last update was this :P ) that will indicate the durability of our weapon. To raise the durability we would probably be able to find thing such as

- Cleaning Oil ( found in industrial areas, markets )

- Cloth strip ( to be used with canteen or oil )

- Gun maintenance kit ( found in markets, industrial areas, and military areas )

These items would raise the durability as long as its over 50% Once it drops below 50% it will need repairs.

To repair a gun you would need a toolbox, a maintenance kit, and scrap metal.

The more repairs you do on your gun, the more patched up it would look. Random bits of duct tape, rivits, and metal pieces would be on it, making it so every gun does not look like a fresh from the store assault rifle.

Customization

To fit in with more gun stuff, I thought about customizing your gun.

- Notches

If you have a hunting knife and you are over a dead players body, you could possibly add a notch to your gun? Would say how many notches you have in the description of the gun ( may also show up on the gun )

- Parts, pieces, and camoflague

In military areas, finding custom flash hiders, suppressors, muzzle breaks, and other funtional items ( optics maybe? ).

Also, just aesthetic options would be cool too. Camo netting, spray paint, dirt and mud, and other stuff would be cool.

Opinions?

• Like 2

Ive always loved the idea of customization and degrading weapons. I am pretty sure they are both being added already but I havent heard some of you ideas to fix the guns up

wonder if in the SA there will implement all the things he said tho

I dont like the idea of having 203912 items to clean/fix your gun. Just have a cleaning kit with, lets say, 3 uses. Thats it.

Can you imagine the amount of items you will need to carry, with the new infections, new medications, new guns, bullets, car parts, etc that everyone is asking?