Doom Guy

If Rocket doesn't include this feature, I will hunt him down.

Edited by UmBe

When these topics surface, where the authors demand cannibalism, rape, ability to murder children in game, they always makes me wonder if they live anywhere near me and if I should acquire a heavy firearm for personal protection.

its a game aiming for realism, and these things will add to realism. while i agree that they won't add much to the game itself (probably the reason why it won't make it into the game after all), i think its still a valid request to be considered. perhaps rocket can offer multiple instances, with different stages of realism.

so if eating human flesh gives you the shivers, you can go play on the fluffy brony hill instead D:

on a sidenote: i'd much rather have pervert's do their dirty business in games then in reallife. that way i could actually save the money for the firearm and spend it on games i'd like to play.

Edited by Azrail

It's not realistic anyway, so it shouldn't be in the game

No beans for you ever heard of the Donner Party? More of a Namalsk than Chern setting but still.

The Donner Party was a group of 87 American pioneers who in 1846 set off from Missouri in a wagon train headed west for California, only to find themselves trapped by snow in the Sierra Nevada. The subsequent casualties resulting from starvation, exposure, disease, and trauma were extremely high, and many of the survivors resorted to cannibalism.

The wagons left in May 1846. Encouraged to try a new, faster route across Utah and Nevada, they opted to take the Hastings Cutoff proposed by Lansford Hastings, who had never taken the journey with wagons. The Cutoff required the wagons to traverse Utah's Wasatch Mountains and the Great Salt Lake Desert, and slowed the party considerably, leading to the loss of wagons, horses, and cattle. It also forced them to engage in heavy labor by clearing the path ahead of them, and created deep divisions between members of the party. They had planned to be in California by September, but found themselves trapped in the Sierra Nevada by early November.

Most of the party took shelter in three cabins that had been constructed two years earlier at Truckee Lake (now Donner Lake), while a smaller group camped several miles away. Food stores quickly ran out, and a group of 15 men and women attempted to reach California on snowshoes in December, but became disoriented in the mountains before succumbing to starvation and cold. Only seven members of the snowshoe party survived, by eating the flesh of their dead companions. Meanwhile, the Mexican American War delayed rescue attempts from California, although family members and authorities in California tried to reach the stranded pioneers but were turned back by harsh weather.

The first rescue group reached the remaining members, who were starving and feeble, in February 1847. Weather conditions were so bad that three rescue groups were required to lead the rest to California, the last arriving in March. Most of these survivors also had resorted to cannibalism. Forty-eight members of the Donner Party survived to live in California. Although a minor incident in the record of westward migration in North America, the Donner Party became notorious for the reported claims of cannibalism. Efforts to memorialize the Donner Party were underway within a few years; historians have described the episode as one of the most spectacular tragedies in California history and in the record of western migration.

Edit: You bet your tits I'm in for cannabilhannibalism bring on the steaks

Edited by Steak and Potatoes
  • Like 1

Shakes, that don't impact a player's ability to shoot straight, or a skin isn't going to dissuade people from utilizing the most abundant food source in the game. The consequences would have to be enormous to discourage this or this game will turn into nothing but a cannibalism simulator.

Shaking, skins , ok but what about Sounds ?!

As an Idea : a small music sample when you get killed by a cannibal. I think about some "amazonian indian flute sample with a very short percussion loop. it would last only total 1 second.

Or : a noize that cannibal players will make each 10 minutes ; a kind of "oaah !" that sounds human but enough disturbing. Something that is triggered in the same way that of the ones zombies make but off course at a softer rate. AND it gives the fair-heavy enough disadvantage to these human fed players by compromising their presence.

Chance and time will make the work so that players will always be confronted with this.

Example: you're peacfully picking up some flowers in the garden and then entering this bar in Elektro. as you are in the last room you hear this cannibal giggle.

It makes me think about something else, I guess the game should have more "soundtracks" (the sound effects ; factory sounds etc..) and less zombie sounds.

So it will make a "false silence" ; it gives a very good atmosphere.

Because once you get used to the zombie sounds it's no longer a fear factor.

Edited by Drakan

As crazy as it might sound to some, I like the idea, but I think that it could cause problems for the actual launch and distribution of the game. I know that people get kind of anal about this sort of thing, and something so "brutally real" might upset soccer moms everywhere.

Edited by brent2

Please enlighten me as to how its unrealistic that someone might eat another human being during the apocalypse. Its happened in real life, and they didn't need an excuse like being unable to find food due to the world ending.

Cause your character would go insane and shake like crazy. It's just not necessary in the game

Cause your character would go insane and shake like crazy. It's just not necessary in the game

maybe the game might get altered, so it can become an option in certain situations?

to save your life in case of emergency, when you are really starving and close to death,

and only have this dead fellow next to you.

i like options, especially if they can save my life.

and if you don't like one option, there is always another, like starving to death.

Edited by Azrail

i like options, especially if they can save my life.
Everyone should be supporting options.

I am of the opinion that options are good. Even if it's the option to do something that's perceived as "bad".

If people don't want to take advantage of the options, there's always the option to choose another option.

I would like to have players given the option to opt out of choosing an option. But that's not an option, unfortunately.