rocket

Post Spawn Loot Comments here ONLY

Please post all your "comment" about spawn loot being reduced to, well, essentially nothing.

Please do NOT create a new topic.

On one server I had an over-abundance of vehicle and care parts everywhere. I'm talking like 3-4 wheels and jerry cans in EVERY room of an industrial facility.

On one server I had an over-abundance of vehicle and care parts everywhere. I'm talking like 3-4 wheels and jerry cans in EVERY room of an industrial facility.

I think this is about the loot you spawn with in your inventory? In which case I'm still not sure about my thoughts on it.

I like it. Since finding all those food and bandages and water is more common than finding Zeds really.

Hardest part will be the weaponless part. But finding a revolver/1911/ low end rifle isnt too hard.

I think the reduced spawn loot is great, as all other essential items are within close reach from any given spawn point.

I like the idea, though I think you should spawn with something, and I like the idea of random loot or at least some way of picking what you want to start off (Oregon Trail style). Would be much more interesting IMO.

At the very least we should have some medical supplies, maybe random of bandage, morphine, painkillers.

Something to drink, either a full can or keep the canteen (maybe make it empty, but at least you can find water).

Not having a bandage + no gun would be hard. Spawning at night with no light source would also be really hard.

I'm fine with no food.

^^ i'm with the 50%, less mags will definitely make ppl less gunho in the beginning or maybe more i dunno. spawning empty certainly will create a vast difference between someone who has been playing for an hour to someone who just spawned in.. there is going to be so many unarmed slaughters (is most certainly a tear generating idea probably fountain potential).

Damnit, misinterpreted the thread intent.

Low inventory is good, IMO. Less / No weapons may ease the bean-wars, and low-level weaponry is simple enough to find.

Loners can still stealth around, people who prefer teams will probably have a slightly easier time of trusting other people. All around, good.

~ Ferrard

If the makarov is not going to be a starting weapon, is it then, therefore, no longer in DayZ? Throughout my time playing, I have never found a makarov as a loot drop (not that I'd want to...). If this is indeed the case, are makarov mags going to be removed from loot spawns? They seem to be one of the most prevalent items that spawn in any residential area. Without that pistol as a starting weapon, I can't really see the use for so many spawns of makarov ammo.

I don't like the idea of no weapon unless there is melee action. I don't think I'd find myself irl going "oh I don't have a gun so I'll just stand here like a fucking idiot while these zombies eat me". No I'd beat them to fucking death with whatever I could find. So I think as far as any of the other loot goes, I could live with there being nothing, but I absolutly would need to spawn with a gun and ammom simply to over come the stupid mechanics.

' pid='120823' dateline='1339900272']

I think this is about the loot you spawn with in your inventory? In which case I'm still not sure about my thoughts on it.

My mistake, I support the idea of no starting weapon. A flashlight plus a can of beans and water bottle would be perfect. Maybe two cans if needed, but no weapon is definitely a good start to proceedings.

Everyone having the same shit on spawn is pretty lame to me. I think you should start everyone hungry and thirsty with a few different random gun choices aswell as with either water or food or both with no gun, you could even randomize if they spawn hungry or not, aswell as whether the water bottle was empty or full.

The reason I say this is because if ppl were hungry and thirsty on spawn, it would force them to find food instead of just trying to respawn at their old dead body to regear. Im talking brink of death, aswell as making all spawn points near or close to a building or buildings that would spawn water and or food.

I also think you should get sick from bad water, lets face it, not all pond water is "fresh" and "clean". Thx for reading

Starting with a flashlight and nothing else would be fine.

Having the flashlight sit in your utilities inventory instead of handgun slot would also be nice (holster sidearm/primary when flashlight is drawn).

Everyone having the same shit on spawn is pretty lame to me. I think you should start everyone hungry and thirsty with a few different random gun choices aswell as with either water or food or both with no gun' date=' you could even randomize if they spawn hungry or not, aswell as whether the water bottle was empty or full.

The reason I say this is because if ppl were hungry and thirsty on spawn, it would force them to find food instead of just trying to respawn at their old dead body to regear. Im talking brink of death, aswell as making all spawn points near or close to a building or buildings that would spawn water and or food.

I also think you should get sick from bad water, lets face it, not all pond water is "fresh" and "clean". Thx for reading

[/quote']I think something like that is interesting, though perhaps not to the negative extent. For example... have people spawn with different things. Like... ammo but no gun, food but no water, medical supplies but nothing else. You could even go so far as to include weapons and ammo that you can ONLY get via spawn. For example spawn with makarov but NEVER find its ammo via random loot so you would HAVE to find other survivors for it (or find where someone dropped it).

That way players might be more inclined to work together by sharing ammo and stuff. At least I think they would... right? >.>

I'm incredibly excited for it. This is going to change game tactics/experience completely. Along with the other new changes in this upcoming patch, I can't believe it. Well done Rocket + DayZ staff, as always, I look forward to testing these updates.

First 15 spawns: like now

Next 15 spawns: reduced

Subsequent spawns: minimalist

Starting people off with minimalist spawns will be particularly hard on newbies who have no idea where to go or even what buildings have loot.

Maybe a Makarov, one spare mag, a can of beans, a bottle of water, and a bandage. Let's be honest, weaponless spawns would be awful. What happens if you alert a zed somehow? Just stand there and accept death or run as long as you can? You need some way to defend yourself.

First 15 spawns: like now

Next 15 spawns: reduced

Subsequent spawns: minimalist

Starting people off with minimalist spawns will be particularly hard on newbies who have no idea where to go or even what buildings have loot.

I'm more worried about established players. It seems a lot of bandits only kill for the thrill of it and not the loot, so taking away our only defense isn't going to end too well.

Pistol and a single magazine might be better, especially if the pistol type were randomised to some extent... The concerns people have about lacking -any- ability to defend themselves at spawn points are legitimate.

Just on this subject, there are waaay too many guns and ammo boxes coming up in the loot lists. I want to cherish a single STANAG mag like it's gold, even if its only purpose ends up being as a trade item for something I can use, like 2 boxes of .45 ACP.*

*Just as long as a solution is found for rechargable magazines first. :s

I support starting with no gun and ammo.

Reducing ammo, even to just one magazine, will not stop individuals such as me from going "gunho." Reducing the ammo just means I won't bother shooting infected on my tail and I'll get closer to other survivors to ensure I land the shots. I attempted this by dropping all but one magazine. Ran up to an unsuspecting survivor with approximately 50 infected behind me. Shot a couple of shots to get the person to bleed and then started dropping the aggro onto the individual. Stalked him, dodged zombies, and waited for him to bandage. By the time he started bandaging he was probably near dead. I just fired my remaining shots and he fell to the floor. Quickly took his weapon and finished him off. Give people a chance for a convenient start and they will attempt it.

If this is possibly about map wide loot spawns, I support reducing the spawn chances for all items. I don't know if this is just purely my own "luck" or if this occurs often, but I find an abundant amount of weapons. For example, on a few occasions I found three Lee Enfields in one building. Also, for me the number of individuals with an AKM is surprisingly high. During the early stages of playing, I decided to keep the AKM because of the reliability of gathering AKM magazines from other individuals.