No, not really. Your GUID is a direct link to your cd-key as it is simply the key in hex. Although it is visible in game when you connect/disconnect etc.

May I ask the reason you need to post it in a forum?

Well, they wanted me to put my GUID to enter the whitelist sever and why I want to join...

So I put my GUID and the next very day.. I have been Global Ban. I been playing the game almost 3 weeks now and.. I just don't know lol..

I realize when I look at the GUID I posted on the forums.. it was simiar to the ID that I was GLOBAL Ban in short terms of the six digit.

So I was just wondering :/

So, I came here because I google "What GUID, Is it safe to post it. etc" but no luck

Edited by Summer

Your GUID was probably stolen and then used for hacks and later banned.

You shouldn't need to join these private whitelist servers.

And are you saying you've been Global Banned?

I assume so, yes.

If you've ever tried downloading some sort of hack for DayZ, or anything else unofficial, that is the most likely cause for a stolen key.

Unfortunately you are unable to play DayZ or ArmA II without buying another copy.

Yes. There's many of these guys who roam around the forums trying to get traffic to their sites. I don't really understand it to be honest.

Anyway, I doubt BattlEye will do anything. Sorry :/

Keeping your GUID safe is your own responsiblity, Battleye doesn't deal with it, since the amount of nonsense people make up to cover their tracks in scripting is probably overwhelming. What website did you enter your GUID in to?

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/107965-thelaughingman-sever/page__hl__thelaughingman

You supposedly have been playing on that server since <23rd of novemeber. In this post, you said that the very next day you were banned. Your story is falling apart my friend.

20080314_sherlock_holmes.jpg

His server has 100+ members and I've yet to find an issue like yours. Dem fr33 ub3r haxs, must be tempting.

Edited by TheDesigner

Considering everyone can see every players GUID in a server by simply typing "#beclient players" in chat, posting it on a website is no more dangerous then joining any server.

Your GUID is a one-way hash of your cd key, it would be almost impossible for someone to obtain your CD key from your GUID and simply would not be worth the effort in trying to do so.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 4

I have talked with Dwarden who works for BiS and and makes filters Battleye and you can't get someone's CD key via their GUID. It is encrypted and so far no one knows how.

Edited by TheLaughingMan

Considering everyone can see every players GUID in a server by simply typing "#beclient players" in chat, posting it on a website is no more dangerous then joining any server.

Your GUID is a one-way hash of your cd key, it would be almost impossible for someone to obtain your CD key from your GUID and simply would not be worth the effort.

Well, don't hackers "spoof" their GUIDS with stolen GUIDS, which there was a big controversy when server admins posted peoples GUIDS in scripter accusations. I think everyone has a unique GUID that is used to hide your CD key but can still be traced back to you. I'm assuming here from the bits of information I have absorbed over the months.

mine was posted Nov. 26 and today the nov 28 :/

You made a thread saying the server is awesome, but that it's laggy, on November 23rd. Now you are lying.

Obvious anybody who get banned is automatic guilty. Fuck it. bye

You've provided no evidence other than lies, so yes, you are looking guilty.

Edited by TheDesigner
  • Like 1

Well, don't hackers "spoof" their GUIDS with stolen GUIDS, which there was a big controversy when server admins posted peoples GUIDS in scripter accusations. I think everyone has a unique GUID that is used to hide your CD key but can still be traced back to you. I'm assuming here from the bits of information I have absorbed over the months.

Spoofing your GUID on the client side would have no effect as it would still need to be authenticated against the actual CD key.

Edited by smasht_AU

Tell me how this http://forums.thelaughingmandayz.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=101 involve in everything. Yes I love the sever and yes it laggy. Your point?

Let me tell you this. People do complain that it lags. It doesn't run a whole smooth. I mean lag is it doesn't run smoothly not spike lag it freezes and shit.

Yes I love the fking sever. Nov. 22 I don't get how this involve everything else.

Okay and thank you..

..l.-

--------------------

Thanks you Dayz Forum Team.

I understand it now.

No, not really. Your GUID is a direct link to your cd-key as it is simply the key in hex. Although it is visible in game when you connect/disconnect etc.

Thanks for posting 100% false information. The BE GUID is one-way hash and therefore a cd-key cannot be derived from it. Also, GUIDs can safely be shared with others. There is a complex system in place that prevents hackers from getting innocent players globally banned.

• Like 1

How the fuck is this 100% false information?

I am just asking what the fuck a GUID is? Don't you read the beginning of anything?

Edited by Summer