Sign in to follow this  
Cab757

Side Chat Idiots

Today I was playing on a private hive server, when I heard a vehicle in Elektro, this is where the fun began

I thought if I could take the car, and kill the driver, I would be all set for a trip up north. I looked at the sidechat to see that the driver was planning a rendezvous with other people at the power plant. I went in for the kill... I crawled under the back wall and creep'd up to the back door of the fire station and peeked in. I saw 1 player in the station, and 1 bandit outside of it. they were just standing around, so I shot the bandit in the face with my revolver. Without hesitating, I shot the other player in the face too. I watched at they freaked out at each other in the sidechat, thinking they betrayed each other.

It wasn't over yet... There was 1 more player in the fire station without a gun, he started running away as fast as he can, and I lost him. So I climbed up the tower and laid prone, watching the car. Soon enough, he came back. I tried to take him out before he got in the car, but it didn't work, he got away...

I picked up a lee enfield dropped by the bandit, and secretly followed the car to the barn. where I attempted an ambush. I was so focused on taking that car. The ambush failed and he drove off again. He headed for Cherno, and I followed him along. But to my benefit, I found him parked by a helicopter in a field. So I got up close enough to take him down. But the gun couldn't punch through the wind shield of the heli. He drove back to Elektro. The heli was un-flyable, so I headed back on foot...

Upon getting close, I heard gunshots coming from the barn, so I made my way back. When I got there, I noticed a UAZ, parked at the barn. along with the other truck. So now I knew, there were more people. I run up to see that one had a broken leg in the barn, probably fell off the stairs like an idiot. (but it happens to the best of us) So I fire off a shot that appeared to of hit him, but he didn't die for some reason. I then hear the one with the busted legs freaking out in chat about how I'm back. He wanted his buddy to stall. So I ran around the other side of the barn, where his friend was. He missed a shot at me with his winchester, so I shot him point blank with my enfield, he died instantly. I turn back to the barn to see the other guy crawling toward the car, cussing at me, saying my aim was bad. So I put a round in his forehead to convince him otherwise.

I finally scavenge the bodies, shoot out the tires on the car, and drive off with the other guy's UAZ. It was in perfect condition, although fuel was a little low. As I drive off, I peer into the sidechat to see them complaining about me using a teleporter hack, I laugh it off and reply "No hacks, It's called running, lol!" and I didn't hear anything about it from then on.

Driving up north I decide to hide the vehicle in the woods and call it a night. I noticed a campsite where I was planning on hiding it, so I raided the dirt bike parked there. It had a jerry can, which was all I needed. The tents had food in them, so I promptly took them and set off after shooting up the bike of course! ;)

And that was my playthrough of DayZ today, and goes to show, you shouldn't be an idiot on sidechat, and tell your plans to the world. It will only get yourself killed...

Edited by Cab757
  • Like 14

exactly why i hate people who use side chat, they stupidly make mistakes and usually ends up as either a ambush on them or they get captured.

fun thing tho with side chat is that you can troll that way too and kill bandits thinking the uaz i just used will be here when its really 500m out :P

I can't tell you how many people I have killed by either luring them to me via side chat, or by ambushing them after they fully discuss their plans/locations in side chat. Idiocy deserves to be punished.

• Like 1

my tale of sidechat idiocy...

the server i picked had side chat. so you could hear people talk. mind you everyone on the server can hear it. one guy mentions where he is. another says he will team up with him. says he has a pickup truck.

i grab an aks real fast. love the holo sight on that. get some quick gear in neighboring city i make my way towards this pair who has been broadcasting their intentions to the entire world. sure, it could be a trap. whatever, i will take it.

as i am running towards the city i see a lot of movement ahead of me. there is a guy with a revolver running down the highway with a pack of zombies behind him. he spots me and runs towards me. i head towards the treeline. he is still moving towards me. son of a bitch. 'those are your zombies, dude.' i say aloud to nobody. i pull the aks to my shoulder and drop two of them with a pair of bursts. i then realize my ammo vs number of zombies is not favorable at all. one burst to the running man's legs has them broken and the rest of the zombies surrounding him and eating his tender meat. sorry, dude. i walk by without them paying note at all.

ah, brilliant! i join the voice channel and say that 'such in such just shot at me and i killed him.' everyone previously saw the death message. the pair of buddies are all like 'you are close to us. join.' there is something about them that i trust. and they seem to trust me. sure enough we meet up. they have a pickup. both guys are armed decently. one of them even gives me a blood transfusion. we gather a bunch of gear to fix this other pickup they have found. the entire time they are talking on the side channel. i keep typing messages that are only seen by them only. i keep reminding them that they keep giving away our position and mentioning how much ammo they have. they keep talking about the now two vehicles we have. it was really getting on my nerves.

so, i decide to do it.

i offer to drive one truck alone. they get into the other together. i make sure i have a full mag in the aks. and over the voice channel i ask 'who wants to die first?'

i hear laughter from others on the server and i empty the magazine. 30 rounds later the windshield is shattered and there are two dead bodies.

that bit of work taken care of i consolidate all the gear into the one truck, toss a grenade into the one with the dead bodies and drive away.

• Like 7

I can't stand the children and drunk people that spam the side chat xD

Although its a good tactic to mass murder a squad if you know exactly what they are doing.

• Like 1

I've had a few more incidents involving side chat recently that has come to my benefit. People need to learn...

Hah! I love the fact that people don't realize how short of a distance they often travel, and figure they are safe, because who would chase them on foot, right? good shit.

i had a situation on taviana the other day, watching side chat. i was at an airfield, about to head to meet up wtih a friend, when I noticed somebody talking about meeting someone else at an airfield. I figured this is probably the same place, because it was on the southern part of the map. I also noticed that they were talking about a vodnik nearby, and even posted the coordinates. I figured, I'll get this guy at the airfield, then head to the vodnik.

As I start making my way up the airfield, I notice the guy mention he's heading to the air control tower. Right as it comes into view, I realize I'm directly between the vodnik, a few helos, and the air control tower. So I just post up in a bush, watching in the distance as the guy walks into the tower, climbs down, and starts heading my way. Once he gets in range, I pop 2 shots out of my m14. One takes him down to the ground, the other puts him to sleep. I see him ask the guy he was talking to if he was responsible for the dirt nap, never saying a word. I then head to the vodnik, which is neatly parked between some trees. I never would have seen it, had I not caught the coords.

So then I take my newly acquired vodnik and pick up my friend. As I pick him up, we spot another survivor running up to us. Just as my friend gets in the gunner seat, he is presented with a perfect opportunity to light him up, so he does. Oh, well look at that. It's the same guy. We drive north, and as we do, I manage to run the guy over one last time. The entire way north, we take out everybody we see, and eventually come up to a helo. The rest isn't as relevant to the OP, but I find it amusing, so I'm going to finish up the story.

As we come up to the stadium, we find a fully repaired, fully gassed up helicopter. Deciding to take that instead, we leave the vodnik in good shape at the stadium. As we fly away, we start seeing admin messages pop up. According to them, the vodnik was an admin only vehicle (would explain why it NEVER ran out of ammo), and that they were going to ban us if we didn't tell them where it was. For some reason, they never realized I was the guy driving it. But my buddy likes to talk shit, so he called them out on the "admin only" vehicle thing, and how pathetic it is to ban people for such shit. Well, they decide to kick him (luckily I'm flying, not him), so I flip that helo around, land it next to the vodnik, and proceed to blow it to pieces. I let them know where to find the wreckage, and promptly leave the server (after crashing the helo, oops!).

Moral of the story: Don't broadcast shit in side channel. because chances are, I'll be there, waiting, watching, ever so silently....

• Like 1

The only time I tell my position in Side Chat is to lure people in.

Brilliant, it was funny because you chased them all over the place. I notice this a lot too, and this is why i mostly play on non private servers, because i cant stand the morons in side chat. If i had a dollar for every meetup I've seen planned in side chat I'd be a millionaire.

side chat is a useful tool for bluffing and setting up ambushes.

though it usually ends in two parties second and third-guessing each other to the point where nobody has the upper hand any more. :rolleyes:

So I don't know why some people are so damned obnoxious and attention hungry but I love taking advantage of it. It must've been the third time I got on and all I knew was where Cherno was and that I had a m4. I had sat around and tried to get to know the town a bit better while listening to the gaggle of kids just trying so hard to sound like they were on top of shit. I thought it was whatever and had a great time planning to kill them.

Unfortunately they had taken off with two other more matured dayz players(bandits in disguise) and were getting some gear together... Now these guys had something planned because when they killed this pompous little troll's friend all I heard was yelling and him kind of panting and freaking out as if he had not seen it coming at all. I thought it was pretty funny because they scared the shit out of him and it worked... He left them with most of e loot and a fixed up motorcycle for two fat and happy bandits...

I couldn't help myself, I contacted the player they spared.... He was saying they were this and that and I told him that I was a serious noob who just wanted a little blood because it was so dark out :)... So e starts heading in my direction and I picked a nice open area by the gas station in Cherno to meet up. Now i wasn't really looking to kill or anything in specific, I really wanted to asses how gullible he was.

So he actually showed up and when he did he was sketchin around... Turned off the car and got out and just started looking over the hood of the car like he was ready for a kill. I told him i was approaching from a different angle... Kept him locked on that sight and just started taking shots at this guy like I cared to kill him. I missed a lot being new and very xcited since it was very early on haha and he ran like a noob in a circle or two yelling shit like "I hate you all just keep the car" I watchd and followed as he tried finding a place to log.

It was a fruitful night for some:]