Sign in to follow this  
Gooner205

Why did they nerf the DMR?

apparently they have nerfed the DMR so that it only does 6k blood per hit now. Its not that overpowered to be honest. They should be focusing on the AS50 instead. Also what about the M24? that is much easier to use than a DMR yet nothing has changed for that. I don't know, its just frustrating that I will have to find another gun to provide overwatch with.

Perhaps because everybody and their grandmother had a DMR.

Even if it did get "nerfed" you still have to hit a player twice to kill them if they are at full blood so it changes nothing really.

Even if it did get "nerfed" you still have to hit a player twice to kill them if they are at full blood so it changes nothing really.

this is extremely right, plus the last time we had a change in the weapons damage, was due to bohemia beta patch for arma2, not really to dayz developers...and i must say that i just checked dayzdb and the change didn't appear..

Edited by Bludy

And yet the Makarov stays constant. Constantly crappy and worthless. I know some people quite like it but I swear I run right passed makarovs because my axe kills more zombies - and Lee Enfields because they're so loud I've had zombies come running not just from other parts of the Chernarus map but from my next door neighbour's computer!

• Like 2

And yet the Makarov stays constant. Constantly crappy and worthless. I know some people quite like it but I swear I run right passed makarovs because my axe kills more zombies - and Lee Enfields because they're so loud I've had zombies come running not just from other parts of the Chernarus map but from my next door neighbour's computer!

And you live in desert!

• Like 3

Yes, the wasteland deserts of London! Oh it's a dry kind of thirst...I love the smell of zombie in the morning!

• Like 2

Would like to see some official source for this so called 'news'.

Until we are presented with some kind of proof to back this up, I for one shall discard this information and so should you all.

It´s OP nontheless. M24 is easier to use because it doesn´t have a zoom scope.

I think the reasoning behind it is that these community devs are some of the worst devs I've ever seen.

Dean made a shitload of decisions regarding DayZ, to make the game what it is. If he wanted to do something, he did it, if people asked him to do something, and he didn't like it, he'd say that's not happening in DayZ, it's part of the game. These devs have gone against about 5 things that Dean came out and said he's not changing, all because they think they're making the game better.

I for one won't be support DayZ mod after SA release until they show me they can make some decisions with maturity instead of changing it because they can.

Just install ARMA2 1.60 instead of 1.62, then beta on top of it, and you have old damage: Lee Enfield will one-shot again, etc. This update was bullshit and game-breaking anyway.

Also, M24 is significantly worse in close combat (<200m), and it's quite difficult to scope on target sometimes.

Just install ARMA2 1.60 instead of 1.62, then beta on top of it, and you have old damage: Lee Enfield will one-shot again, etc. This update was bullshit and game-breaking anyway.

Also, M24 is significantly worse in close combat (<200m), and it's quite difficult to scope on target sometimes.

I´d prefer DMR at 200m, but when it comes to 100/50 then M24 will do much better.

The Makarov does the same damage as the M9, G17, and basically every sidearm except the M1911 and the revolver. The annoying thing about the Makarov is that it only loads 8 rounds, but damage-wise it doesn't do any less damage than the majority of sidearms in the game. If I find this gun and I don't have a sidearm, I will pick it up until I find a 1911, but it's not "worthless."

As for the Enfield, I will choose the Winchester over it if I have a choice, but in a pinch it's a very good weapon against players.

Didn't expect this many replies lol. My only concern is that too much change isn't going to send Dayz in the right direction. Sure things like the DMR being changed will not destroy the game but I really would just prefer dayz as the older versions with the bugs fixed and combat log. Playing today people still seem to be alt+f4ing. As for the makarov, I absolutely love that sidearm. many a time has it gotten me through hard times in elektro and cherno. The Lee Enfield on the other hand I am not too fond of. It's a poor bandits way of killing bambi's.

I always thought the effective rate of fire with the DMR was too high. While the rate of fire is realistic, I don't like you can hose down a 600 meter target without re-acquiring a steady aim. Not a lot to do with being a marksman, when you hear a 10 shot salvo from a DMR.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

To the people saying 6k and 8k is the same because its still a two shot kill, I dont agree at all. With 8K you know them down to 4K minimum which knocks them out and also when 4k or below you start to pass out often even when you're back up. Thats a massive difference.

While the rate of fire is realistic

IIRC the trigger pull weight for USMC DMR is quite high, and the hysteresis is a bit high too, for it to be more useful as a sniper/marksman rifle. So its rate of fire in ARMA is quite unrealistic compared to real life effective RoF when used for mid- and long-range combat. I might be wrong on this one, of course.

Edited by KizUrazgubi

Still waitiing for documentation supporting OP's contention that it has been lowered....

Feck it lets test it! I have a DMR, come at me bro!

• Like 1

I tested this on my PRivate server. my friend had 12K blood (i can check into the database) the gun still do 8K damage but it seems that the latest patch can sometime interfear with the Bullet I once hit him at 350M and did only 4K damage. or the 2nd shot it did 6K then we re-tried again and it was 8k-6K-5K-7K. So damage are not that constant anymore.