Publik

Freeside Trading Co.

It's been a while.

Freeside Trading Co. was alive pretty much the entire summer and then died, not because the idea we had was unsound, but because of hackers, real life, and the end of active development on the mod. I'm not going to complain about any of that. I just wanted to put it out there that once standalone rolls around, I'll be looking to put Freeside (or something similar) back together.

For those of you unfamiliar with what we did, we were a group of guys that did trading. Every weekend for a good few months, we ran an open trading event where we'd fortify a location and let people in to trade. You can read an article written about us here and find youtube videos if you're intent on it.

It'd be cool if anyone interested wants to shoot me an email at jeff.publikdomain@gmail.com. If there's interest, we can shoot for a meeting on Friday.

Cheers,

Publik

Good old times...

I remember when this and the medic squadron were treated like an official thing, it was so handy...

I miss summer and times where there were like 400 000 people playing in the last 24 hours, I hope the standalone will come just before Christmas so it can launch with tons of people trying to play it :)

Good luck mate, I'd be interested to join the team but I've started college this year and just realised how easy life was before ;)

• Like 1

I presume it shall be on done on public hive Chernarus?

Sure, if that's where standalone will be. Towards the end of active mod support the remnants of Freeside started work on our own version with ACE and ACRE (which was kickass btw). We also played Lingor servers in our downtime.

Edit: Actually, that reminds me, is Standalone using similar code from the mod version? If it is I have a modified loot spawning system that's less shitty. /Edit

We could play on private hives, but what's the fun in that?

Good luck mate, I'd be interested to join the team but I've started college this year and just realised how easy life was before ;)

One of the reasons for our decline ;P I'm on my way out of college, so I know the feel.

Edited by Publik

Just so you know, medics are here and standing by. All you have to do is let us know.

If you could pass it on to MD that I'm sorry we fell apart so quietly at the end of the summer, I know his mailbox is probably full. That I'll be back with some outfit is guaranteed, though it may only be Freeside in spirit. I've at least got one failure to learn from :P

I'm tempted to get involved. Who can you trade with? Is it only other traders? Or is there people you can trade with in the Freeside?