griffinz

ArmA 2: CO in "Top Seller" list

I for one can say I purchased Arma2:CO solely for this mod!

Yup. Haven't even touched campaign or any other multiplayer server.

Same.

I can attest to the fact that I got ArmA 2: CO just for this mod.

I heard about it from a pal of mine and I watched a few videos on it and was immediately hooked.

Ah Rysterf beat me to it, 5th is pretty impressive.

Should add that it would not be wise to ignore the mass of content you recent buyers have now got, try out regular arma and other mods.

Im one of those who have owned the game for a good while now, and Im glad to see the arma community grow. This mod is for sure something special and in my Arma group there is a lot of people who has taken to playing it together.

I just wanna say to the people who have just bought arma, check out what the rest of the game has to offer. Check out clans and groups that play it like a MilSim, or close-to-milsim and give that part a shot as well. Watch a film or two on youtube and if you like what you see there, join up. You'll not only find lots of tactical fun, but you'll also find people you can play DayZ with!

"...and Im glad to see the arma community grow"

Not likely. Most people only bought the game due to this mod and I doubt they'll like the real Arma 2 game. Fx: DOMI servers are as dead as ever despite the huge surge in "players"

Once/if DayZ becomes a standalone game, then activity within Arma will drop dramatically. I dont view these people as a part of the ArmA community. They're temporary guests most likely coming from CoD or Battlefailed 3.

However BIS is profitting from DayZ, which in turn such ensure that they'll remain friendly and supportive towards the community... Unlike DICE (burn in hell)

"...and Im glad to see the arma community grow"

Not likely. Most people only bought the game due to this mod and I doubt they'll like the real Arma 2 game. Fx: DOMI servers are as dead as ever despite the huge surge in "players"

Once/if DayZ becomes a standalone game' date=' then activity within Arma will drop dramatically. I dont view these people as a part of the ArmA community. They're temporary guests most likely coming from CoD or Battlefailed 3.[/quote']

I agree to that statement for the moment, but I also like to think that if the new guys would have a look at what arma2 can offer in other aspects than DayZ, the community would grow.

It would be alot higher if the system requirements weren't so damn high....i have to settle for these forums and you tube videos to 'play' this game gah!

It would be alot higher if the system requirements weren't so damn high....i have to settle for these forums and you tube videos to 'play' this game gah!

What's so high about the system requirements?

You could run it pretty decently on a $600 PC' date=' by today's standards.

Hell, my previous PC could run the game [i']decently, and it was a dual-core AMD CPU at 3.0Ghz with a NVidia 9800GT. It may have chugged a bit in late-game Warfare matches, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The upper end of 20-30FPS is a nice sweet spot to aim for, playability wise, and if you can't hit that, might as well pony up on a new PC and build it yourself for cheaper than anything purely store-bought.

But I'm glad that ARMA2/OA is getting attention, even if it's just "temporary", there will be those intrigued by the game after they purchase to try out the other gamemodes/campaign and they might enjoy it!

The upper end of 20-30FPS is a nice sweet spot to aim for' date=' playability wise, and if you can't hit that, might as well pony up on a new PC

[/quote']

I am seriously considering buying a new computer just to play this mod. This is probably the closest things will get to a zombie apocalype simulation...and i really want to be there.

The upper end of 20-30FPS is a nice sweet spot to aim for' date=' playability wise, and if you can't hit that, might as well pony up on a new PC

[/quote']

I am seriously considering buying a new computer just to play this mod. This is probably the closest things will get to a zombie apocalype simulation...and i really want to be there.

Buy a new computer to play the games that are coming out now as well. ;~;

It's nice being able to run things when they come out instead of waiting down the line when you upgrade in a year or two to play it.

How many sales in a certain time period does it require to be the 3rd best seller? :huh:

The devs must be happy with the sudden boost in sales out of nowhere and it's all because we wanna survive a zombie apocalypses. It just also happens to only be an Alpha zombie apocalypses.

Can you imagine how many more copies would sale if a major gaming site featured this mod and told everyone about this? I would never be able to get into a server again. :(

Heck, I only found out about this mod from I was browsing the forums on Gametrailers when I was bored and a guy posted some videos of the game. This was the thread - http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/arma-2-persistent-world-zombie/1286326 (it has since been updated). I bought this game, just for this mod.

I hope BiS are scrambling to support a high-end central server for the mod

I bought ARMA2 CO purely on the strength of this mod and I know a couple of otehr clan members who did the same too so it's not too surprising. Well done DayZ mod team.

yes, this is the best mod i've ever played, bought arma 2 and arrowhead only for this. sooooo addicting :D

When i saw it at no.3 on steam this morning, my jaw was hanging open, for a milsim game thats over 2 years old this is amazing.

I just saw that this was the third top seller on Steam. In shock. It's all because of this mod, that's just crazy. I bought ArmA 2 CO just for this too :D

The new Minecraft :)

Rocket, I hope you cleaned your asshole, because the gaming press is going to want to kiss it for the next 2 months.

The new Minecraft :)

Rocket' date=' I hope you cleaned your asshole, because the gaming press is going to want to kiss it for the next 2 months.

[/quote']

Thanks for the mental imagery pal.

Well, people want zombies apparently . I can already see other developers catching on to it and copying it: Fifa 2012 with zombies, Need for Speed: Zombie outrun etc. :D

I just wanted to share this, in the top sellers section, 4 days ago arma 2 CO was at the bottom, now its fifth from top, And its almost solely down to this mod. Great job guys!

Great job, but over the last couple of days there's been a lot of 'what was the fuss about' happening because of the inability to log and the low zombie/spawn counts. please fix soon! BI should give Rocket like a super bonus.