livbythegun

[VIDEO] How to Loot Cherno - My new tutorial showcasing my loot route, tips and techniques when raiding Cherno. [16:38]

HI! Very nice guide, helped a lot. How do you tell where you are on the map? I'm always so lost.

Thanks! Just started playing this game! so fun.

Subzero, when you first load it, it'll give you a general location in the bottom right corner of your screen. It'll go "Chenarus", your location, then "Day" and a number. From there if you're using an online map or an in-game one, look for landmarks you can identify on the map and go from there, basic navigation stuff.

If you're interested, the group I'm in has a mentoring program to tech new players how to play. Just PM me if you want more info.

Wow man, that was a great video.

Totally successful looting run, almost all for naught when you had to take cover at that bus stop.

Well-done in every way.

Really well done, only one thing that bothered me. You left an M1911 on the floor of the grocery store. (11:30)

The seagulls with sniper rifles made me lol in the middle of Web Design. Beans for you my friend!

Good run, except for the M1911 and medical supplies :) Usually when I head north and I have a decent backpack, I simply fill it up with food and water / medical supplies just in case. There's no need for unused space, as it won't slow you down or anything. Food would've comed in handy when you got shot.

Good run, except for the M1911 and medical supplies :) Usually when I head north and I have a decent backpack, I simply fill it up with food and water / medical supplies just in case. There's no need for unused space, as it won't slow you down or anything. Food would've comed in handy when you got shot.

Actually, for time issues, I skipped the part where I picked up an M1911 (the pub I found the en field in) So that's why I skipped over that pistol in that market.

Great vid, will help a lot!

"It's kinda like when a baby turtle hatches and he tries to make it to the ocean, and there's seagulls with sniper rifles trying to stop him."

Edited by dizzle229

Good video, sucks that you got shot. However, going to cherno and surviving on a high pop server is an achievement in of itself, especially with such nice loot.

• Like 1

Good video, sucks that you got shot. However, going to cherno and surviving on a high pop server is an achievement in of itself, especially with such nice loot.

Yeah, survival of the fittest :D High pop servers are such dangerous places nowadays.

I've recorded looting Cherno multiple times, but nothing really excited happened. When I recorded this one, I was really pleased with the situation that were provided to me. For example, having a sniper ontop of a roof, some gun fire, other survivors looting buildings. So right when I was leaving Cherno to go to the north, I saw the sniper in the corner of my screen. I immediately stood up from crouching and started to run towards the bus stop. That shot scared the shiz out of me mainly because I had this awesome recording and dying at the end would just ruin it for me and the viewers. My heart beat was racing like never before when I peeked out to take a shot. So luckily zig zagging helped me and I made it out alive. :D

Very good but i might add a few things.

* I'd say you did it a lot of the time BUT you could do more hugging the grey walls at every instance you can, instead of running in grass areas. Think of it as another sea. The sea is useful because it eliminintes 180 degress worth of potential threat. Each grey wall you run next to gives you the same effect. This goes double when you are in view of the silos/hotel. On the west side of the town there is less cover but its futher away, more on this later.

* Looting on top of stairways. In the hotels up stood at the top of the stairway. Exposed back to the two doors and bottom staris. I clear the top floors first then pick up loot at the top on my way down. That way you 100% secure the top floor and are ready to defend to bottom.

* West side of the town is a tricky area because it is so open. I'd say you did 90% of it correct. I try to pick a line to run across potential snipers. Going for the hard cover of the bus stop was brilliant but the route you choose to run away wasn't so good. The one problem was that you were essentially running in staight line away from him. If you pause it at 14:42 you can see houses, more hard cover, that cuts across the muzzle instead of following it directly as running for the tress did.

This ____ represents the the snipers bullet and this _ _ _ _ your escape route

What you did

BULLET>____YOU>______ESCAPE ROUTE TREES> - - - - - - - - - The lines match up. You might say that zig zagging breaks up the pattern but for each zig zag you do that incrementally adds up time you spend in the open/taking fire which over the course of many hours playing will eventually increase the chance of being shot. It wasn't now but it will be later.

Instead I would have gone for the houses and then the escape route looks like this (had to reverse the order to line up my lines) It's a harder target to hit, more estimation required.

___<ESCAPE ROUTE HOUSES____ <YOU____<BULLET

|

|

|

Edited by Trizzo

Very good but i might add a few things.

* I'd say you did it a lot of the time BUT you could do more hugging the grey walls at every instance you can, instead of running in grass areas. Think of it as another sea. The sea is useful because it eliminintes 180 degress worth of potential threat. Each grey wall you run next to gives you the same effect. This goes double when you are in view of the silos/hotel. On the west side of the town there is less cover but its futher away, more on this later.

* Looting on top of stairways. In the hotels up stood at the top of the stairway. Exposed back to the two doors and bottom staris. I clear the top floors first then pick up loot at the top on my way down. That way you 100% secure the top floor and are ready to defend to bottom.

* West side of the town is a tricky area because it is so open. I'd say you did 90% of it correct. I try to pick a line to run across potential snipers. Going for the hard cover of the bus stop was brilliant but the route you choose to run away wasn't so good. The one problem was that you were essentially running in staight line away from him. If you pause it at 14:42 you can see houses, more hard cover, that cuts across the muzzle instead of following it directly as running for the tress did.

This ____ represents the the snipers bullet and this _ _ _ _ your escape route

What you did

BULLET>____YOU>______ESCAPE ROUTE TREES> - - - - - - - - - The lines match up. You might say that zig zagging breaks up the pattern but for each zig zag you do that incrementally adds up time you spend in the open/taking fire which over the course of many hours playing will eventually increase the chance of being shot. It wasn't now but it will be later.

Instead I would have gone for the houses and then the escape route looks like this (had to reverse the order to line up my lines) It's a harder target to hit, more estimation required.

___<ESCAPE ROUTE HOUSES____ <YOU____<BULLET

|

|

|

Thanks for the feedback Trizzo. Very good analysis. You have some good techniques that I will consider using.

Wow...the best backpack in the game and a DMR right at the beginning, you are one lucky bastard.

Wow...the best backpack in the game and a DMR right at the beginning, you are one lucky bastard.

The more rare loot I get, the more paranoid I get.

Subzero, when you first load it, it'll give you a general location in the bottom right corner of your screen. It'll go "Chenarus", your location, then "Day" and a number. From there if you're using an online map or an in-game one, look for landmarks you can identify on the map and go from there, basic navigation stuff.

If you're interested, the group I'm in has a mentoring program to tech new players how to play. Just PM me if you want more info.

I think I got it, I've been watching tons of tutorials on youtube. Thanks so much.

Thanks for the guide.

However, what I notice on the servers I am on, is there are a hell of a lot more zombies around than I see on your server, and they seem to agro a lot quicker, never passed that close to a zombie as you did on one occasion without them agro-ing, even if they were looking the other way.

Also, the Zombies seem to run faster on the servers I am on than they do on your server, maybe because you were moving in city with a lot of buildings and they are getting confused? I generally hang out in smaller villages.

I wish they had a way for you to keep your axe as a second weapon, instead of it having to go into the tool belt, never to be retrieved except for cutting wood when you get your first weapon. I prefer to have the axe available for situations where I don't want to alert other players with gunfire. I would like to have the option to have it as the second weapon instead of a pistol.

Edited by JimJam

Thanks for the guide.

However, what I notice on the servers I am on, is there are a hell of a lot more zombies around than I see on your server, and they seem to agro a lot quicker, never passed that close to a zombie as you did on one occasion without them agro-ing, even if they were looking the other way.

Also, the Zombies seem to run faster on the servers I am on than they do on your server, maybe because you were moving in city with a lot of buildings and they are getting confused? I generally hang out in smaller villages.

I wish they had a way for you to keep your axe as a second weapon, instead of it having to go into the tool belt, never to be retrieved except for cutting wood when you get your first weapon. I prefer to have the axe available for situations where I don't want to alert other players with gunfire. I would like to have the option to have it as the second weapon instead of a pistol.

you can take it in your backpack and switch to it fast as with another rifle( a lot of people keep 2 primaries, one in the backpack..)

and about the video, i think that you avoided the worst part of cherno: the apartments buildings. this because you have been really lucky..i understand the urge to go away (coyote and dmr) but for academic reasons it would have been better to show also how to loot that tactic hell, even if the best way is don't do it at all, sometimes you find nothing in the rest of town and your only choice is going there..

and about the video, i think that you avoided the worst part of cherno: the apartments buildings. this because you have been really lucky..i understand the urge to go away (coyote and dmr) but for academic reasons it would have been better to show also how to loot that tactic hell, even if the best way is don't do it at all, sometimes you find nothing in the rest of town and your only choice is going there..

True. But I was trying to get a message across, don't get greedy. You don't need extra food or a chance to find a ghillie suit. Once you have the essentials get the F*ck out. Cherno isn't a joke, the longer you spend in towns like that, the more likely you'll die. Either by zombies blocking you in ONE-WAY buildings (apartments) or snipers. There's really no stealth way of approaching apartments. Your footsteps can be heard throughout the whole building and even onto the next one. Players can be waiting for you to walk up stairs before they unload on you. Or they can just wait outside until you leave the apartments to tear you apart. I've done this countless times to survivors that's why I know it happens all the time. I've died plenty of times in the apartments and it just wasn't worth the risk, even if I was making a tutorial.

Thanks for the guide.

It's sometimes really random actually. I will be behind a zombie while crouching and not aggro, but do the same thing 5 minutes later and I aggro. It's really not consistant; most zombies hang out in the middle of the town or streets. I usually use the back alleyways and roads to avoid those clumps. It also depends if your crouching on the grass/sidewalk or the actual road. Roads are f*ckin loud.

TIme to watch these routes see if I can find anyone!

TIme to watch these routes see if I can find anyone!

When you get the time, you should also watch my 'Kamenka Loot Route' video.