Sign in to follow this  
DutyOfCare

Day Z is cruel

So tonight i spent around 2 hours repairing a ATV and filling it with enough parts to repair another vehicle.i didnt have another vehicle, i just couldn't find the last god damm wheel.

That aside i decide to stash it up near Pobeda dam driving from the Klen spawn. This being the 1st time in a vehicle(old bike dont count) i was driving carefully but also testing it out, seeing what it was capable of..As im getting close to Pobeda im feeling good that i have not even come close to crashing it. I gun down the last hill to the dam. And suddenly pull up just before the dam, remembering reading that bridges can destroy your ride if you fly over them...I edge onto the dam with 2 loud thumps, feeling happy that i dodged potential death of me and my ATV..

But about a quarter way across the dam, going slow, the front right wheel slowly raises into the air, for the next 3-5 seconds i could do nothing as i see the ATV....very...slowly.... fly and flip into the air, spits me off the drivers seat unconscious next to my now burning ATV and blows up in my face

I survived but my 1st vehicle that could weave around trees and dodge junk on the road at 60..died after 10 minutes...to...im not quite sure what... i guess you dont drive on the dams? i know i never will again.

SO...Have you spent hours doing something in dayz just to have it all fall to shit afterwards?and what did you learn from it?

(Besides the obvious "Spent my whole life gearing up. Got shot in the face. I now shoot people in the face")

• Like 1

Never worth driving vehicles over the pobeda dam, mate. Not worth the risk. At least you learned that next time you can just run your vehicle a few metres to the right of the damn over the grass. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

I've learnt not to run down a building's stairs without morphines.Or without checking for people.But I'm still a newb, still a lot to learn.

Never worth driving vehicles over the pobeda dam, mate. Not worth the risk. At least you learned that next time you can just run your vehicle a few metres to the right of the damn over the grass. :thumbsup:

That thought did cross my mind as i slammed on the breaks..But 2 seconds early i envisioned myself speeding over the dam like a finish line or something. and belived i would be ok if i go slow..lol never again

I've learnt not to run down a building's stairs without morphines.Or without checking for people.But I'm still a newb, still a lot to learn.

I have broken to many legs in barns, i just get greedy sometimes and try and step off at the 2nd,3rd step, but in the fire station, i can missstep and fall about a meter onto more stairs and slowly glide for a second...But watch that 15cm drop of the barn steps...its a doosy!

• Like 2

I had a base past the dam and i have driven over it plenty of times and never had a problem with it, i did it with the UAZ though so maybe that makes a difference rather than the ATV

I flipped one on the bridge south of vybor. I was gutted cos it was loaded with quality loot. Luckily there was a bus in vybor that didn't need much work. Phew!

my first encounter with an atv. I was about to rush into cherno appartmens when i start getting shot at from the hospital i think so i run towards the hills and see a nice shiny atv just sitting there. I of course hop on and speed away the put into side the obligitory "stole your atv bitch" i drive in the woods for about 3000 meters when i hit a bump and flip. I was so sad until i looked fifty meters too my left lies another atv. Then i flipped that one like ten minutes later.

• Like 1

I hate ATVs, I flip them always.

5:30 for tutorial on crossing Pobeda dam:

Loled. yep thats what happened to me. but in super slow mo and not as high..

But from what iv seen(not much) it seems that its really only the ATV that has problems like this

. Im sure every vehicle will loose to a pebble if trying to drive over it but what about bridges+dams+anything else thats dangerous?

Can i drive fast in other vehicles over bridges?

The last deaths I had were all caused by horrible one-sided traffic accidents involving either an ATV or a tractor. Those things are deadlier than zombies or bandits.