r4z0r49

L85 Should it stay or go

L85  

644 members have voted

1. 1. Should the BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS be removed from Dayz?

• Yes
    • No
    • Replace with an Alternative (without Thermal)

maybe because i think guns are to easy to get imo. I think more guns need to be a lot harder to get. specially ones with scopes on them. but then again, I am thinking its a more realistic setting so shouldn't the items in the game reflect that as well?

I also think the guns that have the IR,nv,and as well NVG's should all need batteries, There should be a conscious decision to use them not just because they are endless bat life. Some one can use them no matter what with no consequence..

Then again it goes to the point of how real is this suppose to be ? Real day night cycles,real distance, real fuel usage, real broken bones, and food intake, yet no real point to item decay or hard choice of use of items like these..

Remove the L85, and add in a thermal spotting scope.

Edit: "Fewer guns, more utility"

Edited by Shifty McKey

A good alternative would be the L85 Acog w/ the backup red dot sight on top.

In fact, BAF DLC has just about every british weapon, incuding L85 w/ SUSAT, ACOG, HOLO,Grenade Launcher and of course the AWS. Also there's an L86 w/ ACOG. All Susat and ACOG have backup sights.

Edited by Stormpigeon

Make it totally rare like the rocket launcher, having no more than one spawn as loot on a server at any given time. Remove all ways to dupe and i dont see a problem.

• Like 1

Thermals are to overpowered, I like having the L85 with the scope because its a fun and usefull gun to use, just thermal is OP

I hope that in the standalone the L85 will stay and that the thermal scopes will be removed.

Edited by Matman

The thermal scoped ones should be in game but as rare as a dragonov iron sighted ones and other more standard sights should replace the crash sight ones

The Funny thing is mate once the gun is added on the ban-list it can never be spawned in xD

So for Hackers its impossible

And if the gun is not there to dupe You know what comes next

Actually I found a hcjer with a L85 ACOG and those arent even in the game...... Your post is disregarded

Keep the gun in but with a different scope. ACOG or something :)

This, would love the l85 with either susat or acog scope.

Actually I found a hcjer with a L85 ACOG and those arent even in the game...... Your post is disregarded

There's a difference between what is / isn't in game and what's banned. So your post is disregarded.

NOT ACOG, Susat if changing scope! I can't stress enough about how the Susat would probably stop wannabe Rifle Marksmen from using the gun, since it is simple a vertical pin.

Also it's always used with Susat, ACOG would make it less... "Authentic"

• Like 2

All loot should be possible to find. Just make the chance of finding ultra-high loot almost zero even for farmers. Just knowing that the possibility of finding something ultra high-end exists, even if the chance is miniscule, gives powerful emotions (good and bad) for every looting opportunity.

Removing things completely is equivalent to the current zombie-never-ending-respawn-in-front-of-your-eyes-to-try-to-make-them-a-threat--both are the wrong solution, and make things worse.

In my opinion all high grade military loot like the AS50, NVGs, L85, etc. should be removed and finding an ak should be like the best day ever.

since u will be doing this (u already did it and theres no going back to the old ones as poll shows) remove the .50 cals as well due to them being OPed atm (bushcamping wiht ghille and 3rd person view) (L85 was mainly to counter this tactics)

nvm

Edited by eel

Remove everything that gives people an insane advantage over others in this game, like nightvision...

It should stay

It should be very very rare (like the as50 or m107)

Once hacks are gone you would not see many of those guns anyway.

Also as a rifle its a pretty terrible gun its main purpose is to spot for snipers

I dont feel its overpowered(one could argue a axe is overpowered)

Honestly I feel like there should be more guns added to the crash site loot table like stuff not in the game ATM

This would make guns like the m107 or L85 harder to find since there is a higher chance for a different gun to spawn

Just remove the Thermal sight or whatever it is, have it replaced with an L85 with an ACOG or something. There needs to be more ACOGs in the mix.

As to the people wanting all military loot gone, get the fuck out. It should be rare, yeah... but I don't want to be reduced to every tired Romero cliche zombie weapon (Double-barrelled shotguns, bolt-actions, hatchets, etc).

Military-style, assault weapons, exist in sizable quantities in most countries around the world. Deal with it. Not everyone should be running around with an M107, but an AR or AK shouldn't be god's gift to man.

Also, stop bitching about sniping... it's designed to be irritating...