r4z0r49

L85 Should it stay or go

L85  

644 members have voted

1. 1. Should the BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS be removed from Dayz?

• Yes
    • No
    • Replace with an Alternative (without Thermal)

I really don't think the L85 should go. Especially in light of the vastly improved anti-cheat that will be available in standalone.

This is about the mod...

A ghillie suit isn't a thermal armor, it does heat up with your body temperature and the sun, also you would still be able to see the hands and the face of the ghillied guy :) and no, no thermal weapons in the SA, do you know how hard it would be to find a thermal sight on an apocalypse? and let's not even talk about a fully working thermal sight...

On topic, replace with another weapon, should be a russian weapons for the sake of authenticity or just make it heli crash spawn only

I agree with you but also agree with vacalouca, as I said replying to rick, it would be really hard to find thermal sights (It includes nightvision) and maybe some nightvision goggles would be easier to find than a thermal scope but it would still be hard to find, also I think they should add some place to charge batteries and stuff, or at least add batteries to the loot tables, just for the realism the batteries on NVGs, GPS, rangefinders and Radios (if they add them) should deplete and you should charge those batteries at a power station or maybe find some at the corner store.

I know a place to find 34 Thermal Optics in case of a break out IRL. This is to include the PAS-13B, PAS-13D(V)1, 2, and 3 series... :X You asked. I can also know where to get PVS-14s, and PVS-7B's, along with PVS26's that would be attached to M110 weapons system... and yes - like Cherno, I'm located close to a military installation.

If weapon maintenance is going to be an addition in the future, just make the gun harder to maintain, otherwise we don't really need it.

Get rid of the thermal sight though. While I get that Thermal sights are indeed possible to find, it's just too powerful in this game.

GITFO!

If you reduce the thermal thats not realistic in the first place. Thermals are bad ass IRL - ain't no current, common tech way around them. People carry them WITHOUT AMMO, WASTING 10 SLOTS IN THEIR BACKPACK, just as a spotting tool - that speaks volumes on its own.

Oh mah gawwwd remove all the snipers they are soooooooo annoying omg omg

We do not want all the snipers removed, we just want the overpowered ones to be removed. They are getting duped too easily and becoming a huge problem.

Here is your chance to keep the l85 ingame. This poll will run till Sunday 2nd December

This is ridiculous, you're letting a forum vote at this point in the games devolopment decide whether one of the best guns in the game will be around? Honestly, most of the long time Day Z fans are just waiting for the stand alone at this point, a lot of us don't frequent the forum daily anymore.

My input, guns like the L8 add a form of progression to your gearing up process. They're very rare, unless you're playing on shitty servers that have a ton of dupers, personally I play on servers where I've only seen maybe one or two cases of hacking/duping in well over a month. So please don't use that as a reason, it's not legitimate. I mean you start off usually find a pistol, eventually get a shotgun or ak or something generic, eventually find some nicer guns, etc etc, the L8 is like top tier. Remove that and you're just left with generic shit. There has to be an aspect of progression I think, without it the game feels very two dimensional.

Please do not remove this amazing gun based on forum banter. You don't have nearly enough total votes here, comsidering your fan base size, in order to remove something that in my opinion is a huge aspect of the game. I've used the L8 plenty, and while I will not downplay how awesome the Thermal is, if you're using it by yourself it can be very tricky to utilize properly, it's more suited for team based play in my opinion. I'm trying to say that it's not in and of itself uber powerful, you need team work and coordination as well.

I also really dislike how many people are basing their opinions on "duping".

Basically you're saying "This gun should be permanently removed from the game due to a short term bug that will eventually be fixed." That's just really really really daft in my opinion.

• Like 1

We do not want all the snipers removed, we just want the overpowered ones to be removed. They are getting duped too easily and becoming a huge problem.

This gun is hardly a sniper. It's range ends around 400 meters, and is very tricky to aim properly at that range. It can be used to snipe, but you could hide out in obscure spots with a generic AK and snipe just the same. You people will always complain no matter what, get with reality and realize that it's not the gun that kills people, it's the douchebag that hides in a third story window for twenty minutes until you walk by that kills you, and those types of players will always exist, even if we only had hatchets to attack one another with. Hide around a corner in the dark and jump out at you. It's not the guns, it's the playstyle some people choose. Stop bitching and ruining the gameplay for the rest of us because you can't conform to a reality of FPS's.

I do agree that in a game like DayZ, having anti material sniper rifles that shoot from 1600 meters and two shots most vehicles is a tad overkill though. :)

• Like 2

Aws also thermalview got to big influence on gameplay. I dont got to adapt my playstyle that much to any other weapon out there, not eaven the AS50 got that much of an impact on how to play this game. I dont like the gun, its absolut useless except for the Aws(maby useful with an other sigth).

Thx for asking team rocket :D, anyhow i will stick to the game and rockets decision. He proofed that he knows what he does.

P.S. Would not be suprised if some kind of thermal will be in the SA.

I care more about realism than "balance". At least, as realistic as possible within the context of a game.

If I can be shown evidence that a gun with a thermal scope is likely to be lying around in an Eastern Bloc country, I'll be happy to keep it.

Replace for the L85A2 with SUSAT battle sights

Exactly what i was thinking and you could change the name to SA80 :D

Get rid of it or just remove the thermal, its too easymode.

Take away the thermal sight and give it a bayonet instead :thumbsup:

wasnt that in another thread...