r4z0r49

L85 Should it stay or go

L85  

644 members have voted

1. 1. Should the BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS be removed from Dayz?

• Yes
    • No
    • Replace with an Alternative (without Thermal)

lol nope. I get what your talking about. I'm talking about what really matters. As far as the duping thing, YOU are missing the point by about 5000m. It doesn't matter at all if they are duped and copied. Duping doesn't change a damned thing. . . . . or how is a non-duped 1 any less OP than a duped 1? Rarity DOES NOT change the given properties of a weapon. If anything I think they should be free to be duped. I would rather everyone have them than a select few who need them. ;)

Your points are not as important as mine when you read the topic of this thread. I believe I have covered my points better and need not say anything more about it.

Everyone on the losing end of this argument needs to move on. You'll be happier for it. :)

Oh, really? Thank you, for giving me right direction - duping is not important, now i see it. As i see, that you really not playing dumb.

Oh, really? Thank you, for giving me right direction - duping is not important, now i see it. As i see, that you really not playing dumb.

If you missed the fact that my post OBVIOUSLY only relates to duping (as it relates to the L85), then that tells me you really don't have a leg left to stand on and you are picking at side points because you have lost on the main point. :lol:

PROTIP: You went wrong by not fully comprehending this statement . . .and I quote . . . " . . . or how is a non-duped 1 any less OP than a duped 1?" Think on that for a moment and I believe you'll understand my main point on duping (once again for clarification: as it relates to the L85)

Anything else? :P

Edited by NoyZ
  • Like 1

Hmmmm l85 , AS50, NVG and all high tech weapons should all go !!!!! We want realistic survival game not Crisis 3

lol, this thing has nothing to do with duping. Its whole thing on its own and should be dealth elsewhere.

Duping doesnt change the gun being overpowered from its specs. You are just picking unrelated side notes to keep babbling.

You just god served by NoyZ

For those complaining about a realistic survival game as opposed to a military shooter.... Go back to ArmA 2 and play the game.

You're a US troop with US reinforcements everywhere. There is tonnes of US weaponry laying around Chernarus and it's going to be found when there's no more US troops to use it.

You think M107's and AS50's are OP? Well M4's and AK's are too. Fully auto is SO OP. So are grenades.... Lee Enfields.... Shotguns of all descriptions... Headshots...

You guys will complain until we're running around hitting each other with pillows.

"OH BT WAHT ABUT THRMALSSS THYRE OP FCK U"

IR scrambler. Infared is what the L85's sight uses, so anyone looking at you will basically get a big wall of visual "fuck you" thanks to your IR scrambler.

Make the L85 a 0.0005 spawn rate, yes. Remove it entirely? No.

Add in an IR scrambler, should go on your toolbelt and be a fairly rare spawn, in barracks, heli crashes and military zombie bodies. Makes sense considering it would be helmet mounted.

This also fucks up night vision for anyone who looks at you so it should be a nice balance for that too.

I believe this is the best argument (for the first 4 pages, didn't read further) in this thread so far.

TL;DR. Keep L85, lower spawn rate massively. Add in an infared scrambler for balancing. Fuck haters, they can't play for shit so they complain instead.

For those complaining about a realistic survival game as opposed to a military shooter.... Go back to ArmA 2 and play the game.

You're a US troop with US reinforcements everywhere. There is tonnes of US weaponry laying around Chernarus and it's going to be found when there's no more US troops to use it.

You think M107's and AS50's are OP? Well M4's and AK's are too. Fully auto is SO OP. So are grenades.... Lee Enfields.... Shotguns of all descriptions... Headshots...

You guys will complain until we're running around hitting each other with pillows.

IR scrambler. Infared is what the L85's sight uses, so anyone looking at you will basically get a big wall of visual "fuck you" thanks to your IR scrambler.

Add in an IR scrambler, should go on your toolbelt and be a fairly rare spawn, in barracks, heli crashes and military zombie bodies. Makes sense considering it would be helmet mounted.

This also fucks up night vision for anyone who looks at you so it should be a nice balance for that too.

I believe this is the best argument (for the first 4 pages, didn't read further) in this thread so far.

TL;DR. Keep L85, lower spawn rate massively. Add in an infared scrambler for balancing. Fuck haters, they can't play for shit so they complain instead.

That is where you error. You make a jump from a to c in trying prove your point. The fact is M4 and AKs are MUCH better balanced in the game compared to those two and then you go on to add ridiculous stuff to try to reinforce (what you believe yourself, if not subconsciously) a losing argument. You speak as someone who is afraid to lose the OBVIOUS advantages these guns have. Ever heard the phrase . . . "Thou doust protest too much"?=relevant. :)

L85 issue has been dealt with. If anyone feels the need to discuss the ASshat50 and the M1o7er issue, they should prolly make another thread. ;)

Edited by NoyZ

That is where you error. You make a jump from a to c in trying prove your point. The fact is M4 and AKs are MUCH better balanced in the game compared to those two and then you go on to add ridiculous stuff to try to reinforce (what you believe yourself, if not subconsciously) a losing argument. You speak as someone who is afraid to lose the OBVIOUS advantages these guns have. Ever heard the phrase . . . "Thou doust protest too much"?=relevant. :)

L85 issue has been dealt with. If anyone feels the need to discuss the ASshat50 and the M1o7er issue, they should prolly make another thread. ;)

Sir I feel you need to learn sarcasm and to not take the internet so seriously.

this is all very srs bsniss but please, calm down sir.

Also right now I've got an M4A3 and a DMR, so none of the obvious advantages you speak of. I haven't actually had one in a while, but it's always a fun challenge to kill those that do.

I think they should remove all thermal/infared guns. Also irl no one would use that scope on L85.

I think they should remove all thermal/infared guns. Also irl no one would use that scope on L85.

I don't know who you're talking about, but having 100% confirmation on a possible enemy location is priceless... I would take that every time IRL.

Also let me just say again, Island. With. Military. Bases.

The gear that's there isn't going to disappear overnight, it'll be around but rare. Some key words there.

Well, guys, it's must be very hard for you to understand.

But i'll try to explain one more time.

BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS weapon 0.43%

This is probability of spawning L85 taken from DayZWiki. It maybe not exactly 0,43% in real, but It's below 1%. Taking 1% as max probability.

Crashed helo have from 2 to 6 spawnpoints. Chances now between 0,86% and 6%.

Servers have from 3 to 5 crashed helos after each respawn. Chances between 2,58% and 30%.

Most of servers have 4 restarts in a day. Chances between 10,32 and 120%.

So average probability of L85 spawnrate at one server once in a day is 65,16%.

Read it carefully.

Only one rifle.

Once in a day.

Or maybe it not even spawns in this day.

Or no one find exactly that crashsite, on which it spawns.

Or maybe some primitive luddite purist already bury it in the zombie body and hide it.

If you are foot moving loner - you'll need hellofalototime to get one and don't get killed in process.

Week or so ago, i'm said, that i personally found more than 20 of L85 at crashsites. But my team have helos at 5 or 6 of servers and can farm crashsites easily. If you don't have helo and you found L85 - consider that you have max luck IRL.

But what do we have in fact? Every noob pussy can take L85 on sanctuary servers, or cheaters ammoboxes, or just dupe it from tents or another noob pussy.

Last week i'd smash couple of noobs running from Balota to Cherno with my UAZ. Both of them had L85 and no other rifle, both of them shooting at me and both fail. For f*****g what? Where did they get L85? Why L85 become abundance?

Dupers and hackers is a problem. Not a rifle.

L85 is OP?

If you are loner - you most likely running without L85, if there's no dupers at all.

If you are lucky and have one - most likely you don't want to die in shootout, so you won't start it. Just scan the place and decide your next move. Because if there no dupers, and you'll die - you need a lot of time to get one once more.

If you can't dupe it - it becomes a elite stealth gear. Not the magic eye which average Joe can take from tent after death on south beach and run in Cherno again.

• Like 2

So and want a rare thermal L85 and rare scrambler... and you think that's balance?

One person finds one L85 = can detect multiple people.

One person finds one scrambler = only protects one person.

So where's your logic coming from?

Maybe you should take your own advice and go play ArmA if you want a military sim. The point has been made over and over and over... the majority wants DayZ to be what it's suppose to be; zombie survival.

So and want a rare thermal L85 and rare scrambler... and you think that's balance?

So where's your logic coming from?

Maybe you should take your own advice and go play ArmA if you want a military sim. The point has been made over and over and over... the majority wants DayZ to be what it's suppose to be; zombie survival.

Nowhere did I say I wanted the IR scrambler to be as rare as the L85, you read that wrong.

But I don't want it to be as common as a tin of beans, otherwise the L85 is useless, striking a balance is important with this.

Dupers and hackers is a problem. Not a rifle.

This x1000.

Friend, you should try first and talk later. If you will try - you'll know what are you talking about, and of course you'll stop doing blah-blah.

You don't know what wants majority, so talk only for yourself.

If you are about poll - it was tendentious, because two of three answers was "No, we don't need any thermal".

What do you think of poll with questions "Shall we left L85 as it is? Shall we give thermal ability to rangefinder? Shall we remove L85 completely?"

It tendentious too, but to opposite side, and i'm not sure that thermal will be removed in this case.

Edited by BAPBAP
  • Like 1

You also have to consider, how many players actually visit this forum? And how many of them voted?

I'd wager only the ones who have a problem with the game come here, and that's why the 'majority' is so opposed to the L85.

• Like 1

I don't know who you're talking about, but having 100% confirmation on a possible enemy location is priceless... I would take that every time IRL.

Also let me just say again, Island. With. Military. Bases.

The gear that's there isn't going to disappear overnight, it'll be around but rare. Some key words there.

Ir is mostly used for recon tasks, it probably would be the spotter who had binoculars with Thermal. Ir isnt very good in terms of accuracy and range

Maybe something in between.I can live without it, but I'm probably saying this cause I haven't been shot by one yet.Perhaps give it a thermal sight that constantly needs batteries, or that is kinda broken and can't detect all heat emissions.

I dunno, whatever you do is ok with me.

Ir is mostly used for recon tasks, it probably would be the spotter who had binoculars with Thermal. Ir isnt very good in terms of accuracy and range

If we got another thermal device, I'd be more than okay with that.

But the thing is, I like the L85. I'm good with it so it's fun to use

Remove the thermal please. Snipers already are hard enough to deal with, but worse when they already can find you within seconds of you anywhere in the range of the scope without trying.

Remove the thermal please. Snipers already are hard enough to deal with, but worse when they already can find you within seconds of you anywhere in the range of the scope without trying.

Try harder and don't run out in the open, even when they have thermal they can't shoot through walls. They only know where you are.

And without thermal you never get a chance to see a ghilied guy in the bush an night.

Do you guys not get that the fight is lost? This is just a reminder but the poll says it goes. It was taken out BEFORE the poll and it STILL got shut the frack down. Be happy with the same stuff everyone else has. NO MORE OP SCOPE FOR YOU!!!

And without thermal you never get a chance to see a ghilied guy in the bush an night.

You're doin it wrong as I have found and shot a few ghillied players at night. With that thought I think the L85 has degraded your skills. :)

• Like 1

Tears of whiners is delicious, from those who are bitching it being removed.

BAPBAP:

You stated that you have no problem it being removed, yet still you keep bitching about it?

And still scared of those ghillie snipers, just play few days without your thermal and you will see that it aint that hard, you had good squad.. right?

Yet it still seems to be unclear to you that, again its not the duping or anything that effects its specs. It being rare it still doesnt change its specs, only your behaviour.

Even if you woudnt engage fight, you would see people from miles way lighting up like suns. Without thermal there could have been fair encounter and you may have died...

Its still redicilous gun, you are just too keen to it to realize that.

ps. I think this thread has served its purpose anyway now, lock?

Edited by Zeppa

Poll is Closed. Thread Locked

* [REMOVED] - BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS (Based on poll)

* BAF_L85A2_RIS_CWS replaced with BAF_L85A2_RIS_Holo. (HeliCrash)

https://github.com/R...on/Changelog.md

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 4